Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys who started over 400 lbs.

Thucydides. how has it been going for you lately. I believe you are a few months ahead of me.

Aggietop

Edited by aggietop

Things are going well for me. I am now 13 months out and about 4 lbs away from my initial goal weight of 240 lbs. I've done well enough that I am hoping to push things a little bit further and hit 220 lbs. I ran my first 5K on Thanksgiving and could not be happier with the changes that I have seen.

The only downside I have discovered is that I spend a lot more on clothes now that I can pay attention to the "does it look good?" question rather than "can I fit it out over my enormous body?" question. I also continually amazed at how differently people treat me now, both strangers and people that I have known for years. I'm not sure whether feeling better about myself has changed how I act or whether people are nicer because I appear different.

Keep up your great work, @@aggietop! It looks like you are doing terrific!

I was 404 on July 10. I was sleeved nov 30 and weighed 351. Today I weiged 329. My son weighs 72 pounds it's crazy to think I have already lost him in weight. 104 to go can't wait to get there

11 weeks out. Now at 309. Hoping to be below 300 by Christmas.

Hey all! Thought I should take a moment to introduce myself. I started the approval process in September at 446lbs. Today I weighed in at 401lbs and I'm hoping to get to at least 375lbs before surgery.

At the moment, I'm planning to do the duodenal switch in two surgeries. I'm hoping the sleeve will be enough but I'm glad there's an extra option of it isn't.

Fingers crossed, surgery will be in April.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I think you will be fine with just the sleeve. I first went to my doctor and weighed in at 473 in February of 2015. I had the surgery June of 2016 at 389 and now currently weigh 273 so I have hit the 200 pounds lost mark.

About 7 weeks out and down 64 lb. since starting my pre-op diet, 38 since surgery. My only regret is that I will miss this insulation come next winter. I'll finally have to learn the art of layering for the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That is amazing progress, @SalOdyssey. Congratulations!

Thank you!

Just donated about a 3 foot high stack of pants and shirts. Got some Christmas pants in 42 down from 50 and some 2xlt shirts down from 4-5xlt, I even fit a regular 2x just didn't like the color so didn't buy it. New Year's Eve morning I was 300.0 on the dot. I even tried to take a quick lap around the block to drive it below 300 but no success. I figure tomorrow it will be new year, new starting digit in my weight. I've lost 120 pounds since starting insurance approval. 91 since pre-op diet, and 68 since surgery. It's been an interesting process. I still feel huge but seeing photos of myself over these holidays has been a revelation.

Hey guys. Just a quick note to let you all know that this morning I weighed in at 299 pounds! Another milestone achieved!

I've really been enjoying reading everyone's successes and am praying for those that don't see the light just yet. You'll get there!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Made it down to 398 just in time for the New Year! So 2016 is officially my last year over 400lbs.

Been having a stupid issue with insurance, in that the hospital dropped out of network at the end of October. They are trying to get that resolved but I may have to switch surgeons. They've assured me I won't have to start the six month waiting period over again, so that's something atleast.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

Lost 132.4 in 2016.

Total loss 346.6.

Going to kick the crap out of 2017!!!

What kind of shirts do you guys wear? After losing 200 pounds, the weight has settled around my mid section. It's like I'm wearing and inner tube. I wear a 2x shirt and it is a little baggy around the shoulders and chest but gets tighter around the middle. I do wear a compression shirt but it only helps a little bit. I need something that gets wider at the bottom and narrower at the top. Seems to be the complete opposite of what a men's shirt should be.

@@sgc I'm sort of there right now too. I just suck it in if I am around other people. So far it is working out. I figure things will sort themselves out eventually.