Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all June '16 sleevers!

Had mine yesterday and unfortunately couldn't go home yesterday. There's a chance I'll be here tonight to.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Had mine yesterday and unfortunately couldn't go home yesterday. There's a chance I'll be here tonight to.

Hope you had a good day yesterday and enjoy your new journey. I had mine yesterday and I am very pleased with everything so far!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Queenston317

Hope you had a good day yesterday and enjoy your new journey. I had mine yesterday and I am very pleased with everything so far!

Nice! I had trouble coming out of the anesthesia. Then, I've been extremely nauseous. And one incision is extremely sore.

Edited by Pipergurl

Can you share more details of how it's going? Is it hard getting all your Fluid in? Can you move around reasonably easily, walking and showering? Are you "burping slime" the way some folks describe (shudder)?

Piper, healing wishes to you!

Can you share more details of how it's going? Is it hard getting all your Fluid in? Can you move around reasonably easily, walking and showering? Are you "burping slime" the way some folks describe (shudder)?

Piper, healing wishes to you!

I can tell you that other than two very sore spots right now, pain is easing. Each time I go for a walk though, I become nauseous and go back to sucking on ice chips since I had the nausea meds 3 hours ago and can't have anymore for 3 hours. I had a lot of burping in the beginning but that has begun to ease as well. Now it's convincing my body to keep liquids in.

I had my sleeve done June 10. Yesterday was the first day that I felt like myself again. I'm just a little sore still in my abdomen, but I'm feeling pretty great other then that. I'm down over 20 lbs including my pre-op diet weight loss. For the first time in a very long time, I'm looking forward to what the future holds!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For all of those who had surgery at the start of the month, how long before the largest incision stopped bothering you, pain wise?

Mine still bothers me a little. I was June 1st

Had mine early yesterday and getting ready to check out!!! When I came out of anesthesia I was in a lot of pain, lots. Now just tender and a bit of pain. Have been able to drink fluids well. No prob keeping down so far not even with gross Protein Jello. One incision is more tender that the others. I am on iv fluids and pee all the time.

No slime no gas other than burps. Walking around is good. So far so good!

Less than before though, right? That's my main concern/complaint right now. Otherwise I'm feeling good.

Less than before though, right? That's my main concern/complaint right now. Otherwise I'm feeling good.

Mine never really bothered me much. My surgeon recommend that I massage them multiple times a day as they dimple when I flex my abs now, so that may contribute to the sensitivity.

Flexing abs, Gary? You're already posing for bodybuilding photos? Huzzah! :)

I'm 48 hours post-surgery now. I haven't needed the painkillers or anti-nausea meds. I do feel sore "deep" in my stomach, not in the incisions though. Still have gas, feels like a pregnancy contraction but higher up. I just went for a mile walk and had no problems, although I'm moving a little slowly. Did laundry and dishes earlier. In a pinch I could have gone to work - brain not fuzzy at all. Focusing on sip-sip sipping...

Flexing abs, Gary? You're already posing for bodybuilding photos? Huzzah! :)

I'm 48 hours post-surgery now. I haven't needed the painkillers or anti-nausea meds. I do feel sore "deep" in my stomach, not in the incisions though. Still have gas, feels like a pregnancy contraction but higher up. I just went for a mile walk and had no problems, although I'm moving a little slowly. Did laundry and dishes earlier. In a pinch I could have gone to work - brain not fuzzy at all. Focusing on sip-sip sipping...

You are super woman! I let my husband do the laundry because I didn't feel ready to drag it up and down the stairs.