Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey from NJ surgery date is 6/3

Hey what's going on everyone. My name is Romi I'm 34 from NJ and I go for my last nutritional appt next month and have surgery scheduled for 6/3. I'm a little nervous but can't wait to get back into the clothes I used to wear. My weight now is 355. I am an active big guy but just can't seem to drop weight on my own. I'm used to carrying 100 lb ladders and climbing telephone poles but now I have a new job and have a desk job. I see all these success stories and I convinced my wife this is what I need to help me get where I want so we can start a family. It's great to have a place like this to reach out and talk to people that are going thru the same thing as me. Any tips and advice on what to bring to the hospital would be great. And anything else you can recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey im in NJ too!

You won't need much for the hospital they will give you everything you need. But i would recommend bringing some very loose comfy clothes for the ride home. A pillow for the ride home to preas against your tummmy...this helps if you hit any bumps. Bring some slip on shoes. This will help when you are walking...and make sure you walk

HEy Welcome Romi,

Who is doing your surgery. Your in the right place what are you getting done.?

Hey Romi thats my Doctors office im with Dr. Ewing Hi there we might bump into each other sometime if my surgery is approved lololol i have been with them for exactly 10years 2months he put the lapband in for me in January 2006 they are great ..Your in good hands. were you at that nutritional seminar at the hackensack hospital about a month ago they have it the last wednesday of the month. i was there. i guess if your insurance requires it.

That's fantastic. I don't have a date yet. I go for the pre-surgery class next week after that I believe they will submit and I'll hopefully get a date sooner then later. I can't wait. I'm mentally ready, I want to do it before my mind runs on me and makes me nervous lol right now I'm so ready.

Yea once you do the seminar they will set you up with an appt with the dr. Most insurance require a 6 month history with a nutritionist. So this journey actually started 6 months ago for me.

Im waiting for my peer to peer appeal on monday than i will know if im getting it done here or in Mexico i was denied 2x the first time missing information and the 2nd time my BMI was not high enough. i am going for a REVISION from band to sleeve , a BMI shouldnt be required never ever i heard if they think im going to gain 30 more lbs to get the surgery my insurance has lost their mind.. i will deal with them when i get back from mexico.. Dr. Ewing is the man so calm he makes me want to scream for no reason... lolololo

im set tentative date APRIL 5th, One week and half away. im so ready to do this so i can continue with my life.

Good luck to you and on your new journey..

Im waiting for my peer to peer appeal on monday than i will know if im getting it done here or in Mexico i was denied 2x the first time missing information and the 2nd time my BMI was not high enough. i am going for a REVISION from band to sleeve , a BMI shouldnt be required never ever i heard if they think im going to gain 30 more lbs to get the surgery my insurance has lost their mind.. i will deal with them when i get back from mexico.. Dr. Ewing is the man so calm he makes me want to scream for no reason... lolololo

im set tentative date APRIL 5th, One week and half away. im so ready to do this so i can continue with my life.

Good luck to you and on your new journey..

Im cracking up about your "dr. Ewing is the man so calm makes me want to scream for no reason" comment !!! Love it and I loved him after just one time meeting him. I hope insurance just approves you already!! What insurance do you have if you don't mind me asking.

empire NYSHIP

10 years ago same insurance they paid for the lapband with no problem at all i wasn't even BMI of 40 i think i was the same as now 35 with no co-morbidities the insurance industry is just cutting back hard. i dont care what anybody says they are there for the money.

what insurance do you have. is this your first surgery.