Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you move where has someone died?

A house where someone died of old age? Sure. Scene of a grisly murder? No.

I totally agree with this. My childhood house was over 150 years old and I know of one elderly woman who died of natural causes in the house. Never had an issue and I don't discount afterlife/ supernatural is possible. But would not buy a house where a murder or suicide occurred.

As to haunted houses, I live in central Kentucky and know of a couple of "haunted houses" that are old but very well kept up and quite nice. I guess it depends on the nature of the "haunting"!

Good point! I assumed a friendly "haunting" would be acceptable, but the OP may have meant any kind at all.

I completely believe in the super natural. When my husband's grandmother died of natural causes in her recliner, upon her death his mother inherited her house. They in-turn gave that house to my husband. For a few years my son and his family lived in the house. They told me on many occasions they would wake up to the sound of cupboard doors slamming and items moved from the place she sat everyday to do the cross word puzzle.

She was a mean old woman... so i would have to say, it depends on the person that lived and died there. If they were a nice old lady or man... sure.... mean and hateful... hell no.

October 30, 2011.... All hollows eve... me and a group of girls thought it would be fun to go sleep at http://myrtlesplantation.com/ Yes it has been named one of the most haunted homes in america.... We slept in the caretakers cottage.... i promise you in the middle of the night we were all sleeping and a painting just fell from the wall... Earlier that night we were outside by the gazebo ... this area is surrounded by Water and dense trees ... and go look it up, there was no moon that night... These two photos were taken. A month or so later i went to my card reader and she told me that i have a spirit that protect me and is always with me.... I truly believe that. I have had too many close calls not to have some one watching over me.

post-74134-0-72669400-1458582775_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-01695000-1458582777_thumb.jpg

Comment #11 reminds me of this place:http://www.deadpeoplesstuff.ca/

Also, my 4th great grandfather on my father's side was Ralph Morgan who was a contemporary and acquaintance of Daniel Boone. He was part of the burying detail after the Battle of Blue Licks Kentucky and buried Daniel's son Israel (and 70 other men) after the Indian/British massacre (August 19, 1782) This was also called the Last Battle of the American Revolution.

Anyway, Ralph Morgan (and his wife Priscilla Bryan - a cousin of Boone's wife Rebecca) established their own pioneer station Southeast of MT. Sterling. Morgan's Station was destroyed in an Indian raid on April 1, 1793 and twelve settlers were murdered. There is a brick house on that land, built in 1795 by Morgan's nephew Anthony Swearingen (whose father Thomas Swearingen beat George Washington for a House of Burgesses seat in 1757).

The home is still occupied and is on the National Register of Historic Places. All that to say this: You never know what happened on the land where you walk, or who breathed the air that you breath. Go on and enjoy your new home and make it your own.

morganstation.jpg

The Swearingen / Morgan House

@@Dub,

:rolleyes: You've got the hallmarks of a big brother. How do I know? Because I'm a little sister.

Perceptive of you. I have a younger sister who is 9 years younger. Quite often, though, she plays the role of the older sibling.

....Stayed a few more nights and nothing even remotely strange like that happened again.

I guess you drank all of the Tequila the 1st night? :)

Tito's Vodka & cranberry, thank you very much.

A cute little temptress bartender did talk me into tequila drinks a couple nights later. Lawdy, she did so with ease and enthusiasm. She even had one with me. Rules were broken. We laughed about who was the bad influence....

I learned more about the ghost later in the week. It was all good.

Perhaps one of the best weeks of my life in many ways. Learned a lot about myself. Long story. Private details, however, it's good to go on adventures and live a little. This one was way overdue. I will not wait so long before another.....trust & believe this.

I completely believe in the super natural. When my husband's grandmother died of natural causes in her recliner, upon her death his mother inherited her house. They in-turn gave that house to my husband. For a few years my son and his family lived in the house. They told me on many occasions they would wake up to the sound of cupboard doors slamming and items moved from the place she sat everyday to do the cross word puzzle.

She was a mean old woman... so i would have to say, it depends on the person that lived and died there. If they were a nice old lady or man... sure.... mean and hateful... hell no.

October 30, 2011.... All hollows eve... me and a group of girls thought it would be fun to go sleep at http://myrtlesplantation.com/ Yes it has been named one of the most haunted homes in america.... We slept in the caretakers cottage.... i promise you in the middle of the night we were all sleeping and a painting just fell from the wall... Earlier that night we were outside by the gazebo ... this area is surrounded by Water and dense trees ... and go look it up, there was no moon that night... These two photos were taken. A month or so later i went to my card reader and she told me that i have a spirit that protect me and is always with me.... I truly believe that. I have had too many close calls not to have some one watching over me.

I was trying to be careful and wake only you......damn....bumped into that picture and so much for stealth........sorry.

My ninja skills are better these days.......as long as my trick back isn't flaring up. I need new ninja-clothes.......the old ones are way too baggy.....sorta ruins the visual impact of the whole outfit. No shock & awe.....just evokes laughs from womenz...."WTH is this? Why is he wearing black sails and sheets.......wut he trying' to do.......he a ninja? Naw....he just got a bunch of fabric on sale at Cloth Barn and trying to impress". Old broke down ninja-hood is tough times, Vixen. Clothes are too-loose........ :blush:

Yes, I would and I have. My case is different tho we inherited the house after my wife's father died(her mother also died there 4 years prior). We were by his side last 3 months of his life in the house. We had him on home hospice. My wife is big into the haunting things and stuff but she hasn't really brought it up, but we have always known that one day this would be our house.

I was trying to be careful and wake only you......damn....bumped into that picture and so much for stealth........sorry.

My ninja skills are better these days.......as long as my trick back isn't flaring up. I need new ninja-clothes.......the old ones are way too baggy.....sorta ruins the visual impact of the whole outfit. No shock & awe.....just evokes laughs from womenz...."WTH is this? Why is he wearing black sails and sheets.......wut he trying' to do.......he a ninja? Naw....he just got a bunch of fabric on sale at Cloth Barn and trying to impress". Old broke down ninja-hood is tough times, Vixen. Clothes are too-loose........ :blush:

@@Dub You keep me in stitches.... how does one come up with this.... LMAO I thought i head a deep voice calling me... just figured it was a ghost...

Reading all your stories got me to thinking and remembering something.....

Back in '97 my father in law died of natural causes in his house. Unfortunately, it was my husband who found the body kind of crouched over on the floor next to his bed. Heart failure, so it looked like it was very fast thank goodness.

ANYHOO, we were cleaning up getting the home ready to sell when my husband went to some fast food place to get us some lunch and left me there by myself. I remember as a 30 year old being a little freaked out being by myself in the house, and especially being in the bedroom where he died. I waited out front for him to come home, lol.

So I retract my last answer. I guess it did/does freak me out a little.

@@Dub You keep me in stitches.... how does one come up with this.... LMAO I thought i head a deep voice calling me... just figured it was a ghost...

Now you know the trooff. I was me.

Next time.....I'll leave the dark ninja sheets off.....and wear white bedsheets when I do my ghosting around your parts. Boooooo. Boooooo. Be berry scary wuttle gurls.

Chains rattling and all that.

Ready for tricks 'n treats and some next level haunting stuff.

Find a pastor from a baptist or Pentecostal church and have the home blessed and anointed. :-)

Find a pastor from a baptist or Pentecostal church and have the home blessed and anointed. :-)

Why baptist or pentecostal?

Oh well that's the denomination I've heard the most about on blessing the house .... I'm sure others do it. I'm in Texas so those 2 groups are prominent here.

Id have waved such stuff off as superstitious mumbo jumbo until a recent experience had me raise my eyebrows and take note.

Was staying in a hotel......it was a house that had been converted into a hotel. Old. Charming. Ambiance.

The room in my floor was creaky & squeaky. Anyone walking was easily heard.

My first night there I heard someone walking beside the bed, pass in front of the bed and go into the bathroom. I was wide awake when it happened and had plenty of light filtering through an adjacent window to confirm that I was alone.

I have no deeper explanation for this other than it happened. I did get up to check around and the rooms were empty of course.

Crazy times. Stayed a few more nights and nothing even remotely strange like that happened again.

That's a big fat NOPE for me!

I would've been outta there lickity split.

I think I shuddered just reading your post.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using the BariatricPal App

Eeeekkkkkk what's above your head?

Id have waved such stuff off as superstitious mumbo jumbo until a recent experience had me raise my eyebrows and take note.

Was staying in a hotel......it was a house that had been converted into a hotel. Old. Charming. Ambiance.

The room in my floor was creaky & squeaky. Anyone walking was easily heard.

My first night there I heard someone walking beside the bed, pass in front of the bed and go into the bathroom. I was wide awake when it happened and had plenty of light filtering through an adjacent window to confirm that I was alone.

I have no deeper explanation for this other than it happened. I did get up to check around and the rooms were empty of course.

Crazy times. Stayed a few more nights and nothing even remotely strange like that happened again.

That's a big fat NOPE for me!

I would've been outta there lickity split.

I think I shuddered just reading your post.

Trust me......lickety split came to mind.

Lickety split kept coming to mind all week while I was there. :o