Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap band to gastric bypass revision info

I revised from band to RNY in December....I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!

Wow you all know my pain. I was banded in 09 and have regretted it everyday since. It is painful, and embarrassing to vomit almost daily. I have two more appts and then I wait to hear if I am approved for the bypass. Good luck to all

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@kaoson2

Nice to know you are not alone right? I know the feeling, I just got my approval yesterday so hopefully will be having revision in May

Iwanttobethin please keep us updated after your surgery! We all sounds like we are in similar situations with the revision surgery. The gerd has been absolutely horrible for me as well, I understand your pain. I am now waiting for my insurance to approve the surgery. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery!!'

Surgery went great, I had it Friday. Some minor nause, but not bad. One minor set back is I had too much blood loss with the lovenox injections. My hemoglobin dropped to 7.2. I've has bloody stool. The surgeon says that they usually see this happen about once a month. Grr. Feeling better, I get to go home tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Great to hear you are gone through it now :) is lovenox a blood thinner? Are they giving you something to help with all the blood loss and low hemoglobin?

Great to hear you are gone through it now :) is lovenox a blood thinner? Are they giving you something to help with all the blood loss and low hemoglobin?

Yes, it's a blood thinner. I had a blood transfusion, so hopefully my hemoglobin climbs back up.

My revision op was done on Saturday and there were lots of adhesions from my band and a hiatus hernia which was repaired.

I'm feeling quite well and incisions look pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the BariatricPal App

My revision op was done on Saturday and there were lots of adhesions from my band and a hiatus hernia which was repaired.

I'm feeling quite well and incisions look pretty good.

Did your surgeon think the hernia was a priblem to do the revision? I have one too and he us worried about what scaring he will find when he has a look inside.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using the BariatricPal App

I don't think that it was too much of a problem, the adhesions were apparently harder to sort out. My surgeon said that hiatus hernia are common in Bariatric patients.

Ok good news and bad news. I went to see my surgeon today and he told me my surgery got declined be used I wasn't "fat" enough to have the revision. I have to have a bmi of 40 therefore I need to gain 35 pounds. Well to me that is stupid and since my whole lap band problem I have already gained 35 pounds. I used to weight 335 then got down to 165. Then the issues started and now I am over 200. This has been very depressing for me. I cried at the office cause I have been trying so hard to lose this damn weight and then I am told I have to gain weight to get the surgery. Just ridiculous. That just puts me a higher risk for anesthesia and other problems. I left without making any decisions and crying. I called back and requested for my nurse to ask the dr if he would do a peer to peer review on my case. The whole thing is just a joke to me. So good news I can have the revision but bad news I have to play their damn game and maybe have to gain weight which is depressing to me.

Ok good news and bad news. I went to see my surgeon today and he told me my surgery got declined be used I wasn't "fat" enough to have the revision. I have to have a bmi of 40 therefore I need to gain 35 pounds. Well to me that is stupid and since my whole lap band problem I have already gained 35 pounds. I used to weight 335 then got down to 165. Then the issues started and now I am over 200. This has been very depressing for me. I cried at the office cause I have been trying so hard to lose this damn weight and then I am told I have to gain weight to get the surgery. Just ridiculous. That just puts me a higher risk for anesthesia and other problems. I left without making any decisions and crying. I called back and requested for my nurse to ask the dr if he would do a peer to peer review on my case. The whole thing is just a joke to me. So good news I can have the revision but bad news I have to play their damn game and maybe have to gain weight which is depressing to me.

Try and write an appeal letter. My insurance denied me at first to, because I had been successful with the band. In your letter tell them about all the comorbidities that you are trying to avoid.

I feel so much better have found this topic! I've been having trouble with my bad for 7 months. Finally came out of denial ( ;) ) and went to see a doctor in my area. Really REALLY disliked my original surgeon. I've had my UGI and now waiting to schedule a date for revision to RNY. Glad to "meet" some people who've been in the same boat. Gotta keep reading. . . .