Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The disappearing act

I think men are talking to several women at once and when they begin to date one of them (or more than one), they vanish on the others. I have had dates where we both knew that it wasn't going to work and neither tried to contact the other afterwards. I have also vanished on guys before I have met them. However, I have never stood anyone up or even made plans to meet someone without genuine intentions. That is just rude.

Same applies to me - it's very rude to not come through with specific plans etc. but stopping correspondence either before meeting or after 1-2 dates is pretty typical.

And until there is a relationship I would expect maybe dating others. In fact,one of the gentleman I am seeing..I wish he would date others because he is starting to drive me just a little crazy. Ha.

I still come back to people aren't all that real until I meet them. I will actually forget I have a message from someone and have"dropped out" of communication unintentionally even - again this is the before meeting chat. There is someone who keeps saying he wants to meet but after 2 weeks, nothing, so I stopped writing. I am not looking for penpals.

I think men are talking to several women at once and when they begin to date one of them (or more than one), they vanish on the others. I have had dates where we both knew that it wasn't going to work and neither tried to contact the other afterwards. I have also vanished on guys before I have met them. However, I have never stood anyone up or even made plans to meet someone without genuine intentions. That is just rude.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

Probably married would be my guess!

I know there are a bunch of us doing online dating.

I started talking to this guy who lives in Portland which is 4 hours away from where I live. We talked every day for 2 weeks, sometimes morning and evening. This is really against the rule I have for myself, which is not to waste a lot of my time on the phone with guys I've found online.

This guy was different though. He was funny, and smart. I decided I wanted to meet him and my son lives in Portland, so I decided to visit my son and DIL. Right up until the day before I was ready to go, we were in contact and he was all for us meeting. All of a sudden, he doesn't text back and the phone goes straight to VM.

Being the smart cookie that I am, I arranged to meet some other guys while I'm here. I found guys whom I normally would not contact since I live so far away. I made sure they like to dance. Out of 4 guys who were writing every day, and all for us meeting, only one has not disappeared on me. Two of them I forced to write back to me when they suddenly stopped answering emails. It pi$$ed me off that they would just take the easy way out. I wrote to them and said if you've changed your mind, you could at least write back and say so. I was disappointed I would not be making a new friend, but life was full of disappointments.

I could understand it if we were in our 20's . But men in their 50's and 60's not having the manners to form an email that said it was not going to work out to get together after all, kinda makes me sick.

catfish!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

@@Oregondaisy

Please don't give men your home number. They can use it to find your address. Get a google number and have it forward to your landline. Give them the google number only until you get to know them.