Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self pay and could cry over the amount, couple of questions

One more question for self-payers in the states. Did you have to pay in full prior to surgery?

Yes, 100% had to be paid in full. In fact, the surgeon wouldn't even schedule it until I paid her fee. Then I had to pay all hospital fees a few days before surgery at my pre-op appointment.

The surgeon's office offered financing but I personally thought the interest rates and fees were ridiculous. I decided to pay half up front and apply for an 36 month interest free credit card for the balance. So I have 3 years to pay off that Visa card without having to pay interest.

Self pay in Birmingham al was 14k

Did this include EVERYTHING. Hospital, anesthesiologist? Did you have to prepay 100% before the surgery?

Yes, 100% had to be paid in full. In fact, the surgeon wouldn't even schedule it until I paid her fee. Then I had to pay all hospital fees a few days before surgery at my pre-op appointment.

The surgeon's office offered financing but I personally thought the interest rates and fees were ridiculous. I decided to pay half up front and apply for an 36 month interest free credit card for the balance. So I have 3 years to pay off that Visa card without having to pay interest.

Which credit card did you find for 36 interest free?

Hello

We have united health care but weightless surgery is NOT covered. I have a hiatal hernia that will be fixed during my sleeve surgery. I was hoping that a bulk of the cost of surgery would be covered by my insurance now due to the hernia, ie-hostpial stay and anesthesiologist (2 huge expenses). I went today for another dr appt and they informed me that i have to pay $26,000 which is the cost of the sleeve and that includes the hospital stay and anesthesiologist. AND it has to be paid in full prior to surgery (set for april). I guess i just don't understand why the things my insurance WILL cover can't be deducted from the $26K, the office couldn't give me a answer which was really frustrating. My insurance company HAS paid for all my tests (minus my deductible). I hope this makes sense. SO, one of my questions is, how much was everyones surgery for self pay? This just seems like an awful lot.

I went the "hiatal hernia route" with doctor Roshek from the Nicholson clinic out of Dallas texas. I traveled from nashville.

My insurance covers both the hernia and bariatric surgery. BUT I'm lower bmi so I couldn't qualify under conventional means.

The Nicholson clinic billed my insurance for the cost of the hernia repair and I paid out of pocket for the sleeve itself. It ended up costing about $5k not including flight and hotel. You should look into it.

I started the process at the beginning of January and was sleeved this past tuesday, so about 2 months or so from start to finish. If you'd like you can message me :)

@@JapGirl can you please email me michelemorris1998@yahoo.com That is EXACTLY what i was hoping my dr. could do. The only difference is my insurance doesn't cover any wls but they will cover the hernia surgery.

I'm self pay. I was going to use a Dr in Oklahoma City for 10k, but after a lot of research I chose Dr Z in Tiajuana MX through Bariatricpal. 4400. That includes my transportation, 2 nights in the hospital and 2 nights in the recovery house for me and my companion. Even with my airfare, first class for room and comfort, my total is less the 6500. Also, I was able to immediate book. My surgery is in 2 weeks, but that was due to my schedule.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

@@JapGirl can you please email me michelemorris1998@yahoo.com That is EXACTLY what i was hoping my dr. could do. The only difference is my insurance doesn't cover any wls but they will cover the hernia surgery.

Yes I will give me a bit. I gotta get the kids ready for school :)

I had surgery in the Houston area. Self pay was originally going to be $15k but because I had a hernia repaired my insurance picked up some of the hospital and anesthesia cost. So I paid upfront about $9,000. I paid the surgeon, hospital and anesthesiologist all separate and that was the total

I sent you a Pm [emoji4]

I was a self pay at $9800 in Louisiana...

Self pay in Birmingham al was 14k

That did not include 300 for nutritionist and physical fitness coach and 130 for pre op diet. I am not sure about pre op testing like ekg and egd but yes that's doc, hospital, and anesthesiologist. I was insurance paid but they are very up

Front about what self pay cost

Did this include EVERYTHING. Hospital, anesthesiologist? Did you have to prepay 100% before the surgery?

Edited by lindseymb

Hello

We have united health care but weightless surgery is NOT covered. I have a hiatal hernia that will be fixed during my sleeve surgery. I was hoping that a bulk of the cost of surgery would be covered by my insurance now due to the hernia, ie-hostpial stay and anesthesiologist (2 huge expenses). I went today for another dr appt and they informed me that i have to pay $26,000 which is the cost of the sleeve and that includes the hospital stay and anesthesiologist. AND it has to be paid in full prior to surgery (set for april). I guess i just don't understand why the things my insurance WILL cover can't be deducted from the $26K, the office couldn't give me a answer which was really frustrating. My insurance company HAS paid for all my tests (minus my deductible). I hope this makes sense. SO, one of my questions is, how much was everyones surgery for self pay? This just seems like an awful lot.

STLBariatrics has a deal going I believe its $11,111 for the sleeve procedure that's supposed to be all inclusive. Dr. Snow operates out of Jefferson Mercy Hospital in Festus, MO

Here's what they posted on Facebook Feb. 22nd. post-284868-14567981355507_thumb.jpg