Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tired of "embracing the stall !"

A four day stall.Your freaking out over 4 days. Be prepared this stall may be a lot longer than you anticipate. I have been in a stall since Feb 5th. That was 10 days after my surgery which was on Jan 26th. Today 20 days later I stepped on the scale this morning and it is down 2 more pounds. I see the Surgeon for a 1 month followup tomorrow. There is nothing you can do but stay with the program. Please don't cheat or beat yourself up over this. From what I heard and read this is just one of many stalls to come. You are going to have to learn to deal with them. I know in the past I would have said to heck with it and eaten anything I wanted. I knew this time there was no way I could or would cheat. Stay true to the program and it will start moving again.

I wouldn't consider 4 days a stall.

If you are going to get upset over stalls, it is a good idea to stay off the scale.

None of us lose at a constant or steady rate and stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

STAY.....OFF.....THE.....SCALE! ;) :P I thought I could weigh daily and I couldn't handle it. I weigh weekly and life is moving along MUCH better.

Just stay with the basics. Meet your daily Protein, Fluid and Vitamin requirements and walk about 30 minutes each day and let the magic happen. Your body is still in a major heal mode.

I am roughly 11 weeks out and have been in a "stall" for a little over 3 weeks. I have done the pouch reset, upped Protein and Water, and followed my NUT's suggestions to no avail. I fluctuate up and down around 1-3 pounds and have realized I am doing everything right (following plan, not cheating, exercising, etc...) and my body will "start up" again when it's ready, frustrating as it may be. Just keep sticking to your surgeon's plan and ask your NUT for advice. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Are you doing a Protein shake at all? Or getting much Protein? It seems like 300 calories is low to be at the pureed stage.

I am roughly 11 weeks out and have been in a "stall" for a little over 3 weeks. I have done the pouch reset, upped Protein and Water, and followed my NUT's suggestions to no avail. I fluctuate up and down around 1-3 pounds and have realized I am doing everything right (following plan, not cheating, exercising, etc...) and my body will "start up" again when it's ready, frustrating as it may be. Just keep sticking to your surgeon's plan and ask your NUT for advice. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

A "pouch" reset at 11 weeks out?

You people need to learn some damn patience.

Are you doing a Protein Shake at all? Or getting much Protein? It seems like 300 calories is low to be at the pureed stage.

The majority of my intake is premier protein...at least 2 shakes a day, fair life milk in the morning, Protein Powder in my daily Soup for dinner.

My goal is 80gm /day and I'm hitting it 99% of the time.

The majority of my intake is premier protein...at least 2 shakes a day, fair life milk in the morning, Protein powder in my daily Soup for dinner.

My goal is 80gm /day and I'm hitting it 99% of the time.

So all you need to do is drink more, get in more calories, most importantly SOTFS and you're golden.

Advancing your diet and increasing your calories is the best way to get big loses. You don't lose a lot in the beginning because you have shocked your system. When you can take in more calories, you lose more fast. The first 6 weeks for me, were very little weight loss, as soon as I could eat more after 6 weeks BAM rapid weight loss.

exactly. I'm pushing my calories up.

Try mixing your shakes with milk to help get your calories up. I was supposed to be at 700 calories and that seemed to be the only way I could get there. I also put milk in cream Soups to help get more calories. It's a struggle, but it is doable.

I stalled for four days myself, so I know how you fee. I actually went to the NUT on the fourth day and moaned about it. She laughed and said four days was hardly a stall. I weigh everyday, but I don't really freak out about it. I just do my plan and it will all work out. I stress more about remembering my supplements and eating on time. If I'm not careful I can go 6 hours without eating. :(

stalled four days

@@Nurse_Lenora

i'm saying the below with huggggs

(cuz that's what i do) !!!!

from the previous good post from OP, i'm sure you realize

don't weigh daily :angry:

a stall means no weight loss for at LEAST 3-4 weeks

NOT 3-4 days

"God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It"

you need to drink at least 64+ oz of H20

(for the rest of your life)

please get out of the corner - you don't belong there

you know what to do to help matters move along

on the "plus" side

you are down 40 lbs!

you are approaching onederland!

when was the last time you could say that??

keep on truckin'

never give up

not an option!!!

i have confidence in you

don't make me wrong

(did i say that right) :blink:

good luck

kathy

@@Nurse_Lenora

Hi there! Things will get moving again. The most important thing to realize is that 4 days with no loss is absolutely NOT a stall!

Now 3 to 4 weeks with no loss, yup that is a stall. Take it from me (queen of the stalls) it will come off if you follow the plan.

I have been weighing daily since my surgery. I learned very early on that my weight fluctuates from day to day. To weigh daily you have to have patience and a realistic expectation or this process will make you lose your mind and ultimately you will struggle.

I literally talk to myself before getting on the scale. There are days where I weigh a pound more than I did the day before and I know that really isn't possible given what I have eaten.

The good thing about weighing daily is you learn how your body reacts to certain foods. For example, if I had a heavy salt day, I won't lose and may even gain a little.

If I had a day where I exceeded Water, hit my Protein and stayed below my stats I might see a drop. If I do that 3 days in a row, chances are I will lose a couple pounds.

However, when you have a real stall there really is nothing you need to do but follow the plan.

I hate embracing the stall!! I am currently in the midst of a 5+ week stall. I think it gets even worse the closer to my "goal" weight. 5 more freaking pounds!!!! The scale will not budge.