Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra math - don't try this at home.

It's as @@jess9395 explained. Cup size is relative to band size. Do your really not know this as an adult woman? If your band size goes down but your boobs stay the same, then your cup size goes "up". If you hold a 36 DD up to a 34 DDD, the cup should be the same.

To answer your question, no I didn't know this & not sure I agree w/you. I've heard several women say they went from a DD to a C & their band size went down too.

Yes that can certainly happen too when both areas shrink. But if you will google it's definitely the way bras are sizes. A D cup for a 40 is WAY different than a D cup for a 32

Quick google search on bra cup sizing turned up a myriad of Aires and images. Here ya go...

post-194772-1455237349003_thumb.jpg

post-194772-14552373647312_thumb.jpg

post-194772-14552372976131_thumb.jpg

and for what it's worth most women wear the wrong size bra

Here's one in inches post-194772-14552376132362_thumb.jpg

Have you seen that calculation where you take your under bust measurement and add five inches to get your band size, then subtract that from your bust measurement? I always get -B. Yeah, that's right--apparently I'm concave! I never could figure out why I always got such a wonky result until I heard that it doesn't work for people with a broad back, which I have. More weird bra math.

Have you seen that calculation where you take your under bust measurement and add five inches to get your band size, then subtract that from your bust measurement? I always get -B. Yeah, that's right--apparently I'm concave! I never could figure out why I always got such a wonky result until I heard that it doesn't work for people with a broad back, which I have. More weird bra math.

I've heard the under the bust and add 4 inches I think it was but maybe 5 yes. I find the above measure works better. If you really want to find an accurate measurement try this one here---

https://m.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide

It's really eye opening and since using it I can honestly say I've never worn bras that fit so well!

@@Sharon1964 - ROTFLMAO! Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

@@jenn1 - and again "laying them out on a plate to be pressed will be a piece of cake" - the visual...

Unfortunately ladies I have dealt with multiple pics needing to be done because of the size of "the girls". A man had to have developed this process because, r-e-a-l-l-y???? I love the phrase the tech says and your flattened and standing on your tiptoes "take a deep breath and don't move."

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

where can I go???? My breast is being flattened to a 1 inch thickness between the "jaws of unhappiness" and you think I can go somewhere?

It's as @@jess9395 explained. Cup size is relative to band size. Do your really not know this as an adult woman? If your band size goes down but your boobs stay the same, then your cup size goes "up". If you hold a 36 DD up to a 34 DDD, the cup should be the same.

I know about the cup size vs. band size, but in all my years of yo-yo dieting, I've NEVER lost weight and increased cup size. EVER. I'm 51 yrs old, and I've been dieting since I was 5 yrs old.

I know about the cup size vs. band size, but in all my years of yo-yo dieting, I've NEVER lost weight and increased cup size. EVER. I'm 51 yrs old, and I've been dieting since I was 5 yrs old.
I have for sure!!!! Especially when I was younger. Depends on where you carry your fat. If it's around the back or upper stomach/ribcage area it's easy to do.

Well, my boobs are fake, so they never shrink, but my band size has gone up and down as I've lost and gained weight.

I just went bra shopping again last night. Finally out of Lane Bryant. I was at NY&Co and next door was a Hanes that was advertising bra fitting so in I went.

I started as a 44D or 44DD depending on the particular bra. I bought 3 very nice 36C Bali bras with underwire. When I was fat I used to HATE underwires but now I like them. One of them is a pretty black lacy number and Valentine's Day is coming.

One thing I did with my last round of bras from Lane Bryant was I bought bra extenders and bought the bras a little tight on the band. I then used the extender for a bit until I lost enough to not need the extender. Lane Bryant bands also take a bit of time to stretch so the extender helped until the band stretched a little.

I have been so annoyed as I have been bra shopping with people in stores telling me to get a band size larger and just use the the last row. Do they even understand how bras work? You start on the first row because with wear and the warmth of your body even if you aren't losing weight the bra gets looser and then you move rows. If you start at the very end you have no where to go in a couple weeks or so when the bra breaks in.

@@JamieLogical

I have never lost 100lbs before. I am losing most of my weight in my upper body, my collar bone is popping like I am below 200 when I am far from it. Everything is shrinking but my boobs. I got measured for bras at a bra shop because I knew I buying all wrong, and I can't really accurately measure myself alone at home. I was really surprised to hear 42G because I thought I was losing all over my upper body. I wear sports bras around the house most of the time so that has distorted my view of my breasts. I wouldn't think I could slide into a size 16 or 18 at 260 lbs either. This is a whole new body and I am still losing and still adjusting to it.

Your post cracked me up! What a fun lady you sound like! I went from a 42 DD to a 34 DDD the smaller you get the cup sizes aren't equal. Just buy what is comfortable and not too many until you reach that goal weight! ;) Keep up the good work!

Nothing is easy when it comes to clothes period. I can wear a ladies large...no wait...my torso can...my arms still need an XL or 1X. My co-workers say "oh...you must be having so much fun shopping". I just smile and say yeah. No...no I am not.

I am thrilled with the weight loss but truthfully shopping is more of a chore now...even tho I can shop in stores instead of ordering from Romans or Woman Within. I have no clue what size to pull off the rack...it's a crap shoot., Just the daily life of a woman who lost 170 lbs...I knew the skin would be an issue but guess I never thought about clothes, I still thank God everyday tho.....and avoid the fitting room!

Thanks for posting this. I always have a horrible time with bras. I am still wearing whatever I have in my drawer and the fit on all of them are bad. I still have a ways to go so don't want to get too many... any suggestions for stores that measure you but are not super expensive would be greatly appreciated. I am in Florida. Not a huge fan of VS. Their straps always fall of my shoulders and I don't really care for their branding...