Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

MxKitty - thanks for sharing your food success - I have some banana or fruit ice cream maker in my cabinet, I wonder if that will work [emoji848] I do like Eggface blog and made a Ricotta bake last night, which according to my wife smelled delicious and I'm excited to try tonight.

Positive - I'm so sorry you are in a lot of pain and having reflux. Unfortunately we're still in a healing phase and may feel discomfort, I too have a sore area and according to the surgeon it's the stitches healing [emoji849] the acid reflux is no joke and I experienced it badly one day, I am on Protonix and started back taking it to ensure that it doesn't happen again but I think it was due to something I drank- according to my surgeon some people experience the reflux up to 3 weeks and then it goes away, did you try something different from your norm food/ or drink?

TxJP- you definitely need to try getting in your Protein, try the fruit Protein Drinks Syntrax or Isopure - I'm sure that's possibly a reason for a stall. Congrats on the 20 pound loss and you will do great at work. The first day is a bit tricky but I found that getting back helped me feel better.

Happy Margarita Day [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] I guess I will imagine that my Protein Shake is a margarita LOL. I'm starting puréed so yippie, food prepped some mashed red potatoes with Protein Powder in them, some tuna (which I puréed) and the ricotta bake. I'm excited but scared but we have to move forward. Happy Monday all

@It's Time -the ricotta bake is fantastic also - I did half "Italian style" like the recipe was written and then half with taco seasoning, salsa verde instead of marina and subbed out Mexican style shredded cheese - so fun 'PLAY with you food' is my motto. Since I can only have 1/3-1/2 cup its going to be darned tasty :) As for the ice cream when I tossed the mix in the blender on high for a while it got very thick and nearly doubled in size so you might just be able to freeze that in a bowl and scoop it out.... hmmm I think I shall try it this morning (and you know I'll report back !)

@@Positive44 - honey PLEASE call your Dr ASAP they might need to give you at least some IV fluids so you can stay hydrated. Please let us know how they respond.

@TxJP - have you tried different Protein supplements? I know it took me a bit to find some I could manage. The Isopure Water does have a funky after taste but I look at it as something I just gotta get down to be successful. I hope your first day back to work goes well!

MxKitty, It's Time, ElChrisPLindo

Hi Guy's and thank you so much for checking on me. I really appreciate it!!

I called my doctor and I am now wearing a surgical binder kinda like a belt around my waist. The area needs more support and that's why I'm experiencing the pain. Going to pick one up today from the hospital.

The reflux is coming from a new tortilla Soup I tired. I guess the spices and my tummy did not agree.

So far today I had 20g of Protein and 4oz of Water. Gonna try to get 50g of Protein and 16oz of Water today. No soup and all of the other liquids will do the trick. Oh, yeah Vitamins too.

Thanks again 2/9 Team!! You guys rock and I'll let you know how the surgical binder looks. I'll take a pic:)

I was sleeved on 2/8, so exactly 2 weeks ago. I am pretty much on a regular diet, with the exception of lettuce. I am a little scared to try roughage just yet. Is anyone else on a regular diet this soon? I am tolerating everything just fine. The only thing that upset my tummy a little was the fairlife chocolate milk I tried and some sirachi (however you spell it...lol) that was on some sushi I ate.

Nlo127 - I just started puréed today and I so miss sushi

Positive - I'm glad that you got an answer from the doc and hopefully this will give you some relief

So today was puréed and it didn't go as planned this far. I was nervous so I stuck with a Protein Shake for Breakfast and brought my tuna and a yogurt for work - lets just say the tuna was a big no Bueno, it gave me awful reflux at work, which is super embarrassing. The yogurt went down easier so yayyyy and I'm going to try my ricotta bake for dinner. Is anyone tracking their calories? I'm using my fitness pal and if I could get everything down, I will be over 500 calories and at about 65 Protein, guess I will try again tomorrow

MxKitty - you seem to have the food thing down

I have been so illwith this chest infection that I haven't really taken much notice of my pouch! I was told to start more solids and I can keep down about a quarter of a cup, anymore I vomit or slime it up! Not nice.

My problem is that my stomach doesn't have a cut off point so I often can't tell if I am full of food or not! Does anyone else have an issue like this?

Edited by dietbelle

I had egg whites for Breakfast with my Protein shake, whipped potatoes and branzino fish diced tiny for lunch and made a Pasta free lasagna :) all went well.

I am tracking calories and Proteins on Lose It! Got in 81 grams of Protein today!

I have been so illwith this chest infection that I haven't really taken much notice of my pouch! I was told to start more solids and I can keep down about a quarter of a cup, anymore I vomit or slime it up! Not nice.

My problem is that my stomach doesn't have a cut off point so I often can't tell if I am full of food or not! Does anyone else have an issue like this?

Praying you begin to feel better soon! I don't have that problem, but have you tried planning your meals? I'm wondering if you plan to eat something at a specific time and stick to it if that would not help. Good luck!!

Diet belle- sorry to hear that you are not feeling 100% sending well wishes your way. I've read that some won't be able to feel a full point initially because we are not on a normal diet yet. I would track what I eat and continue getting in what you can prior to throwing up. Basically stop before that happens

ElChris - you are on a roll, keep up the good work. I can't have eggs until week 5 [emoji22]

Positive I am down 17.2 since surgery and 36.4 since the pre-op diet - good job to you....I'm trying to be patient with the numbers but it sure is hard not wanting to have lost more - but I'm happy for a consistent loss

Hey guys,

It sounds like everyone is doing well. So, today I started puree. Although I am doing well, the last few days I have been mourning the loss of food. I know things will get better, but I'm in mourning nonetheless. I tried egg salad twice today. Was really carefull about taking baby bites and chewing, but could only eat 1 1/2 tbs. for both lunch and dinner. At that point I was nauseous stopped. Anyone else relate?

On another note, you're in my thoughts, diet belle. I sure hope things start looking up for you soon.

Have a good evening, 2/9 crew!