Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 sleevers progress check

So, I will be at ten weeks on Tuesday, and I feel like I live in stall city.

I was also sleeved 12/08/15 and feel like this stall is kicking my butt. I was 243 day of surgery and now fluctuate between 208-210.
Well, sleeve date buddy, I think part of this is we weren't level five morbidly obese people to start with. We were obese, of course, or we wouldn't have been approved by any surgeon for this, but it seemed to me the people with the most to lose, lose faster.

Nevertheless, I feel 96% normal now. Like I haven't had surgery. I can eat what I want now and its okay. The surgery reminds me it has been after 5 bites, but until then, I'm me. Just me.

Curious, did your insurance cover your surgery? Mine did not.

Mine did cover due to the fact that I had other issues:I'm a type-1 diabetic, had high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am now off of all cholesterol meds, off of three high BP meds(now only on one), and am on less than half of the insulin I was on. I am at a stall though I am losing in clothing sizes(had to punch new holes in my belt????). I'm feeling soooo much better;VSG was the best thing I've done in a very, very long time for myself!

tera1982, I have the same surgery date and stats that you do! Darn that 208!!! Nice to know someone else in my shoes. Lets hit 207 tomorrow. :-)

Very nice; I mean the similar stats and date! I am working my booty off today exercising and avoiding all of the tempting super bowl foods(some are actually decent health wise as my extended family are also watching their intake getting ready for boating season????????⚓️☀️). I cannot wait to hit onederland!!!!????????

I was sleeved on 12/14/15...starting weight was 298, day of surgery was 279, current weight 243 - total loss of 55...pretty happy with that so far...especially since I struggled so much pre-op. I had a very long stall for about 4 weeks with no loss and was getting very frustrated, but now that I am back at work and more active naturally, things seem to be moving again. I am typically getting 600-800 calories a day - try to keep it in the 700s most days. I drink one Protein shake in the morning for 30g, and then make up the rest of my Protein with the foods I choose. Snacking here and there, but really not much...feeling pretty good going into regular foods next week - excited to try some veggies again!

I'm glad I can move into regular foods, but I need to remember to do it slowly and by what my stomach tells me. This is really much sooner than I expected. I thought it would be months, not weeks. The hardest part is still waiting 30 minutes to drink! At least I can do a real swallow of beverage. I'm up to 1/2 cup portions, which helps get more Protein in meals. Still having a hard time with the Protein Snacks, but really like the Bariatric Pal hot cocoa Protein Drink, and their pineapple-orange Protein Drink.

I'm looking forward to eating out with friends, now.

I, too, have slowed some in weight loss, but I was also concerned about losing too fast and losing too much if it didn't slow down. The doctor said things would naturally slow down and taper off. I'm looking forward to a trip to Goodwill for some transitional clothes. It really is getting better every day, a little at a time!

I was sleeved on 12/3, starting weight 410, surgery weight 381, current weight 345. Most of that weight was lost in the first month, I've been stalled for about a month now! I'm afraid I'm eating too much - about 1,000 calories a day - but I'm hungry. I'm working with a therapist and an eating disorders group, I'm going to the gym (and hating every minute of it) at least twice a week.

I have scheduled a phone appointment with my NUT to try and break the stall or figure it out at least. I'm starting to get a bit discouraged.

Good news is, I am starting to notice changes in my body and others are too!

Hi was sleeved 12/14/15. Beginning weight was 213, day of surgery I was 195 and I am 169 today. I am doing the shakes and focusing on Protein. But I have been very happy with the progress so far. Hoping to increase my exercise level in the coming weeks.

Hi! Sleeved 12/16 here! HW 371 SW 344 CW 307

It's felt slow, and I definitely feel like it could be better. I have been having a hard time getting in my exercise, but I found the Walk Away the Pounds videos on You tube and that helped. Hoping this next week is going to be amazing!

Hi team,

I started at 213 and today I am 179! I was at a stall and am able to eat everything. I haven't tried any red meats yet but all in all, I haven't had any complications. My surgery date was December 23, 2015. I can't wait until Spring is here so i can start walking outside.

Good luck and keep in touch!

Rachel

My surgery was on 12/9. SW 285 CW 251. I am pleased with how things are going. I have been in a stall for 3 weeks, but I know this will change. I average between 700-800 calories. I feel very fortunate that I was able to find a Protein powder that I really like so I have a shake every morning. I also use Musclegen- GENEPRO unflavored powder that is 30 gr of Protein for 1 tbl! This type actually mixes fine in hot liquids, so I have it in my afternoon coffee. Makes getting my protein in a lot easier!

I still get that pain in my chest from eating too fast. Even though it feels like i am so slow with chewing so many times and taking such a break in between bites. How long does it take everyone to eat?

About 20 minutes for a meal. And I definitely take my time.

it seems like it takes me forever and I only eat a few bites....I need to time it and see really what it takes. I also notice that when I get full I get the hiccups, anyone else have that going on????

I would also like to know if at some point you get to finish a meal while it is still hot. It seems like my first bite or two is hot and the rest is cold.

Lesley-vsg, try the Protein Powder GENEPRO fro Amazon. It is 30gm Protein in 1 tablespoon. I put it in my morning milk, cream of wheat, yogurt almost anything. It has no taste. I mix 1c chocolate lactaid, 1/2 banana and 2T. Powder. I drink 1/2 in the morning 34gm protein. If I don't get in enough protein thru-out the day, I drink the rest before bed. I get 68 gm protein every day. Having a backup plan is key.

Surgery was on 12/17, heaviest weight was 399, day of surgery was 380 and I am currently at 329. I have so much more energy now, before the surgery I would get winded just walking in the grocery store, and now I am on the treadmill each morning before work and getting in 10,000 steps a day minimum has become the norm. I did stall for a few weeks starting 3 weeks out from the surgery but I could tell I was still losing inches based on how clothes were fitting. I had to put 3 extra holes in my big-boy belt before I finally broke down and got a smaller one :-)

Have not had any major issues with eating, still have at least 1 Protein shake a day, usually for Breakfast to make sure I get a head start on my Protein intake for the day. Not quite hitting the 64 oz. Water goal but I get there on some days. Have mostly stuck to softer foods like eggs, tuna, and chicken for other sources of protein. Had red meat for a few meals and it left me feeling a bit uncomfortable so I have backed off of that for now.

Tracking my food really helps, between that and my fitbit it has really helped to hold myself accountable. Glad to see so many other folks doing well!

It takes me a good 20-30 minutes to eat. Anything quicker than that and I get tightness and discomfort, which lasts 20-30 minutes. I'd rather take my time than feel icky for twice the amount of time!