Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If this wasn't so pathetic it would be hilarious

I met my ex-husband in "old fashioned" personals (pre-'Match.com). Yes he is an ex, but I'd say it was a serious relationship with a lot of potential. My brother met his current wife on Match and 8 years later they now have 2 kids.

I was giving my granddaughter some grief because she is constantly texting and on her cell and chatting up people she has never met and I have been warning her.

She always says...these days things are different....LOL, like I was born 60 and have never tried this crap. Why does she think I warn her.

I met my hubby on eHarmony in 2011. We were not within a 100 miles though. I lived in Atlanta, GA and he lived in Huntsville, AL. It's 4 hour drive. Anyway, we were matched on 9.22.11 and were married on 9.22.12. It's not the most convenient when they live far away, but it was worth it for me. I only ever got scum from POF, Match, and okcupid. I even tried Christian singles.com and didn't get anyone good.

This is such an enlightening thread.

I don't date but may someday so it is interesting to hear about the current state of the process.

I have known some very successful and happy couples who have met online and/or through online dating so that is encouraging.

I was curious about the tacos so I googled it. Apparently, one of the dating websites actually suggests that people use taco in their profile name. Who knew?

I saw this on fb today and it reminded me of this thread:

post-223781-14538464363435_thumb.jpg

Happy Hunting Everyone!

On another note, my parents are very happily married but my dad thinks that the idea of Christian Mingles is hysterical. He always makes funny comments when the commercials come on TV.

The commercials I find amusing are the ones for Farmers Only.

The one commercial that cracks me up is farmersonly.com

Not even sure its a real website, but those commercials make me giggle.

I have had my experiences in dating and meeting people online. Finally found a winner after thinking of giving up. There are some good people out there, just hard to find them. I always go with " You will find something when you aren't looking"

The first time I dated, the internet was just invented. 18 years and 1 Bariatric Divorce later, I was single in the digital age. I didn't eHarmony, or tinder or whatever, I went to sci-fi cons, and then connected in Facebook. This works so much better. I would be happy to suggest some connections if you want to give it a try....

Two guys that are local to me, and another one 40 miles away. These three I might actually meet. I like the 40-mile guy the most, of course, since that's the one that's the most difficult logistically. :blink: For these three, I contacted them first.

Another update: the two guys closest to me closed their accounts. Haven't chatted with Mr. 40-Mile since Friday, when he was going out of town for the weekend.

I'm back to square zero.

@@Sharon1964 it just gets weirder when you meet -ha! Although I wised up over time and screen much better now so I haven't met "a doozy" since those early days. The only true nutcase I actually dated for several months before he couldn't hide his true nature anymore. I learned something VERY important from that experience. If someone tells you all these stories about how crazy his ex is, just assume that he is the craziest of the pair.

Two guys that are local to me, and another one 40 miles away. These three I might actually meet. I like the 40-mile guy the most, of course, since that's the one that's the most difficult logistically. :blink: For these three, I contacted them first.

Another update: the two guys closest to me closed their accounts. Haven't chatted with Mr. 40-Mile since Friday, when he was going out of town for the weekend.

I'm back to square zero.

No, you're back to "just you" and being alone with "just you" is just fine. "If you can't improve upon the silence---don't". Enjoy your time with "yourself".

I met my husband on Yahoo personals 10 years ago ... when I was at my heaviest ... he loved me then ... and he loves me now :)

We chatted on the computer for a week .. then on the phone for 2 weeks ... then I finally agreed to meet for dinner ... and the rest, they say, is history ...

when he came to pick me up ... for me ... it was love at first sight ... *sigh* it really does exist ...

And it is worth weeding through the crap to find it :)

Good Luck Sharon!

I met my husband on Match at pretty close to my heaviest, too. (Up 20 lbs after 2 babies in 2 years.) He loves me for me and is fine if I have surgery for myself, and fine if I don't do it. Neither of us is perfect, but he's a great person and we love each other. Dating sucks and is hard, but when you find the right person, it really is worth it, IMHO.

Another update:

40-mile guy moved back to Kansas City without having met me. Hah! You lost out buddy!

EH is still without matches. Meh.

Match is still throwing spammers at me right and left.

OKC has very few new people. However, a guy who asked me a question a few days ago followed up with another question. He doesn't have a pic, which would usually make me ignore him, but I was intrigued. We traded messages for a while on Thursday, while I was killing time at work (I was going to a meeting that didn't start until 7 pm, so I was hanging at work). As I was leaving for my meeting, he sent me his phone number and on impulse I called him.

We were going to meet up Friday, but things kept getting in the way (I was delayed at work and he had some meetings we were working around). Finally I said meet me at this park, and we sat in my car and talked for a while. And... ummmm... made out like teenagers. :D

He is in a poly relationship. He has just his primary partner now. I thought about this for quite a bit (I've been in this kind of relationship before), and I think it's okay with my current lifestyle and living situation. Or I could just be trying to justify the whole thing, who knows. :)

I met my husband on yahoo personals 12 years ago. We met and married the same year. We emailed for a whiled then talked on the phone several times a day then he drove up and met me. We have been inseparable since. It does happen. You just have to be patient. Good luck!

Sharon, I know it turned out fine but never meet someone in a park and get in their car on first meeting. I had a close call with someone who was giving me a ride back to my car on our first dinner date. Luckily there were other people in the parking garage and my voice really carries.... so he let me out and took off.