Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok

So this is how my evil brain has been working. No coffee? Ok then. I'll just have a zero calorie Rockstar.

Or, 1 zero calorie shot of a five hour energy

Or, 4 tblps of pure Matcha from Japan

Or, 8 bags of Green Tea

I don't want to be non-compliant, but I've got things to do!!

And I'm chugging Water all day long, I even have a glass bottle that is 67 ounces and I can sterilize it use it over and over again to regulate hydration.

PS why does the "Edit" button have to be so loud? Ok, I edited something. Do we really need to BOLD that?! :P

Edited by Amelie2016

Ok

So this is how my evil brain has been working. No coffee? Ok then. I'll just have a zero calorie Rockstar.

Or, 1 zero calorie shot of a five hour energy

Or, 4 tblps of pure Matcha from Japan

Or, 8 bags of Green Tea

I don't want to be non-compliant, but I've got things to do!!

And I'm chugging Water all day long, I even have a glass bottle that is 67 ounces and I can sterilize it use it over and over again to regulate hydration.

PS why does the "Edit" button have to be so loud? Ok, I edited something. Do we really need to BOLD that?! :P

All of those things are caffeine and I wasn'f allowed any caffeine until 30 days post-op. It for sure SUCKED, but not so much I was willing to jeopardize my recovery. Check with your surgeon or nutritionist, since every plan is different.

I didn't drink coffee for the first 6 weeks, but once my incision was healed I went back to black coffee. Still drink it every day. My dietician said she read studies that show people who drink coffee in the morning are hungrier in the afternoon, but I still drink it. When I get hungry in the afternoon …I have a cup of coffee lol

My surgeon said I can have coffee whenever I can tolerate it, but no cream or sugar (skim and Truvia are ok) and not too much. Reason for not too much is just to make sure it doesn't get in the way of getting in the things you need, like Protein and Water.< /p>

My best advise is don't stress too much.

I also think you may want to just ween off the coffee as much as you can to stop withdrawal headaches post op.

And just remember after the surgery the game changes for many of us.

I drank an average 6 cups a day before I started the liquid diet, got myself down to 2 during the liquid pre op diet. Now 10 days after the op I have had 0 and not craved it once and my energy is coming from different sources.

I think my main reason for coffee in the past was the sugar I was putting in it!

Good luck.

I run my own business. I told my surgeon I was not giving up coffee. At first tour stomach is sensitive, so drink some high quality low acid coffee. Once you are further out, you can tolerate regular coffee better.

When I first added coffee back, I used cold brew coffee ice and unflavored Protein powder.

Thank you all, you are the voices of reason I need.

I never drank much coffee, only 2 cups if that. I will not drink it post op, but they did allow me some clear tea's on the first week post op and those seem to have caffeine. So, still going to check again. My nutritionist did NOT call me back this week and I've been running around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off. Too much to prepare and only me to do it.

My mom gets here the night before surgery. Thank GOD. OH and I just rescued an English Bulldog, and this time I rescued one much younger, I used to just rescue seniors who were couch potatoes. THIS little dude is like a Jaguar Herder! I've never seen a dog with so much energy and playfulness, he's adorable but man he wears me out! =)

It's morning, I'm rambling. Sorry.

Yes, I will NOT jeopardize my recovery, I do not want complications and I even began seeing a counselor aside from all this so I could prepare for my life change. =)

Only 8 days now. I'm getting new mattress delivered today. Weeee!

I also have fibromyalgia. It is still mostly misdiagnosed if not completely ignored. The chronic pain along with constant fatigue is a daily struggle.

I, too am a coffee drinker in order to just move my feet forward. Two years ago I had spinal fusion. I woke up with a level 10 migraine--diagnosed as caffeine withdrawal.

The pain of the headache far outweighed the surgical pain.

I now take Fiorscet (which is one third caffeine) whenever I get a Migraine from lack of caffeine.

There is much still not known about fibromyalgia. Talk it over with your surgeon. Together you should be able to come up with a "fibromyalgia/sleeve" regime individualized just for you.

Stay healthy and keep in touch.