Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

restarting at 62

just pick a thread and join the conversation.

I know the feeling.

don't you dare give up, we care about you and will follow your topics and help you valentina .i am 65 and had it done weeks before my birthday and now me and my wife are having trouble over money and her addicted son. but im not giving up not on her and you wont lose us. stay with us we care about you and jesus loves you forever. stay in here we wont give up on you.

Edited by hoot temple

don't you dare give up. I am 65 and had it done 5 wks ago. its easy when you know your loved and we love you. by the way jesus loves you too, he proved it, turn to him then us well remember dear.

I don't know how you knew.

Through my tears, I thank you for you words from within my very soul.

I don't know how you knew...

I needed your words today

I am truly humbled.

Sometimes the journey takes many twists and turns.

At our age, what's the rush?. We deserve a leisurely path. ;)

Your not alone and there are good people to help get you through it. Iam 62 and I go for a pre op class tomorrow then one more nutritional on 5-23-16. After that I meet with my surgeon to get a date for my surgery. I wondered if I was to old for this but Ive decided I don't want to sit in a chair for the rest of my life I want to live!!! Yes you can start your life at 62 and make it better then ever!

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

There are folks on this site who are older than us who have been very successful with WLS.

I just got sidetracked for awhile. But, here I am back on track.

Keep me posted on how you're doing.

I really do care.

Prayers going up for all of us "seniors". :)

Hello,

I had my surgery in June 2011. I have been in mourning and in therapy since my S.O. committed suicide the day I had my surgery.

Long story, but here I am mentally ready to restart my weight loss journey--at 62yrs old.

Am I too old to start all over?

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to give my badly needed support? I live in RURAL upstate NY and am literally alone.

I made an appointment to see a nutritionist this Tues.. I thought that would be a good place to start, since I have forgotten almost everything that I learned pre-op, and I have a SEVERE allergy to soy and a lesser allergy to all other legumes.

I guess what I really am looking for is a friend or two. I need a friend right now.

Valentina

Your S.O. committed suicide the day you had Bariatric surgery? Unbelievable! Was there a connection? Did she not want you to have it? Was she so afraid of a change that she couldn't stand it?

My wife has been very supportive. I guess she worried that I'd die on the table, but I'm 4 days post up so that ain't happening.

Look, I was in dire need. Each month was a new problem: arthritic hip, back pain, knee pain, inability to walk over 200 yards. My blood pressure was creeping up, my diabetes was getting worse, blotches on my leg---the letters CTD kept creeping into my mind---"circling the drain." Man, I didn't have a choice.

Two and a half years at WW and stuck (yes, I attended meetings religiously).

I don't know what's at the end of this road, but I knew what was at the end of THAT road.

I'm 60. I'm not looking to be svelt again. I just want to be able to walk again. I want to go someplace and not be looking for the next place to sit down and rest. I'd like to be able to watch a movie to the end and not leave the theatre to pee. These are simple desires.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@DukeLacroix: Thank you for you concern. John (my S.O.) was adamant about me not having WLS. He was clinically depressed and was terrified to be alone.

I thought I had made all of the necessary arrangements to have someone visit him throughout the day, but when I woke up from surgery and he wasn't there I knew...

I signed myself out of the hospital and found him dead in our bed. He had consumed 120 vicodins. I made his memorial service arrangements, so by the time his mother, and three sisters arrived from Florida everything was beautifully arranged. I was told to leave the home that John and I had shared for 10yrs and invited never to return. I was not welcomed to attend John's services. I was to blame for his death because I KNEW he was opposed to my having it. I was totally selfish with a complete disregard for John's well being and stability.

I, along with a policeman picked up my belonging from a storage unit a month later.

So now you know---the rest of the story...

I hope you also know why it is that I believe it is soooo important for one's spouse, or S. O. to receive counceling/therapy and even a mandatory pysch eval before surgery. It's not just one person having WLS---it is the two of you--your partner, spouse, soul mate.

My opinion

I feel what your saying. I've had back surgery, 3knees surgeries, high blood pressure, and pre- diabetes. I don't have any other where to go. I stand alot of the day working. Recently I 've been through a series of injections for my back again. I feel this will give me a new life. My husband's has been great. He goes to every apt with me. We planned our meals together. Can't wait for my new journey in life to start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using the BariatricPal App

Welcome,

I hope you will have a wondrous WLS journey.

It really can be and I can say today that my journey is now joyful.

It's taken me years to get to this point, but here I am.

Prayers going up---I guess for the both of us. :)