Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January or February 2016 Sleevers?

I'm allowed more carbohydrate heavy foods during the mushy phase that (mashed potato, mushy weetabix etc) that we should limit further out. I guess because it's soft and easy to digest?

Edited by perforce

I also thought mashed potatoes was an odd addition to the soft diet. Crackers too. I did try a little bit of some last night and they settled fine but didn't taste good for some reason. Weird how our taste buds change! My moms taters usually are the best!

@@ssflbelle Dr is not having me watch carbs so much during mushy phase since my intake was about a 1/4 cup. I was also allowed thinned Cream of Wheat. Now I am allowed 1/3 to 1/2 c of soft foods, and last nights dinner never bothered me at all! LOL I graduate to unlimited on 2/26/16, a month out from surgery. He did say only introduce one new food at a time so that if something doesn't agree with me I'll know which food it was. I haven't had any trouble with foods tasting weird. The only thing I can't stand is that dang Flintstone cheweable vitamin! But I choke it down because my body needs it. Then my mouth tastes like it was dragged thru the mud and back, so I have to brush my teeth!

@@katladee That is wonderful new about the food not having any bad affect on you. I had my egg for lunch today and I was also great-no problems. The lower back shoulder pain which had moved to the breast armpit area is also feeling better since I upped the Gas-X strips. The follow up Dr I saw yesterday felt it was really bad gas and not bruised ribs as the pain had moved. Never knew gas pain could be so painful.

On 2/16 I get to eat the items your eating now minus the starchy ones. My Dr said the same thing introduce 1 new food a day. He wants me to be off the Protein Soups and shakes within 6 weeks of surgery. However I don't think I could get in the 60 to 100 grams of protein that he wants from just eating foods. My Dr developed a special multi Vitamin for his Weight Loss Patients and that is what he wants us to take. No horrible aftertaste. I also started my B-12 under the tongue pills today and must still take my daily blood clot injections.

I felt so good today that I decided to work on sewing some curtains for the patio. I hope to be sitting out there soon and the Florida sun is very strong. Four panels are done and I have 2 more to go. Hoping tomorrow is a good day too and I can get them done. Then I plan to start working on painting and reupholstering some kitchen chairs.

Hi katladee so how much weight have you lost to date?

17 since surgery two weeks ago today, and 55 since I attended my seminar on the surgery on Aug 6th.

@ssflbelle Yes, my first bite of egg was heaven on a paper plate! LOL

@@katladee That is wonderful new about the food not having any bad affect on you. I had my egg for lunch today and I was also great-no problems. The lower back shoulder pain which had moved to the breast armpit area is also feeling better since I upped the Gas-X strips. The follow up Dr I saw yesterday felt it was really bad gas and not bruised ribs as the pain had moved. Never knew gas pain could be so painful.

On 2/16 I get to eat the items your eating now minus the starchy ones. My Dr said the same thing introduce 1 new food a day. He wants me to be off the Protein Soups and shakes within 6 weeks of surgery. However I don't think I could get in the 60 to 100 grams of protein that he wants from just eating foods. My Dr developed a special multi Vitamin for his Weight Loss Patients and that is what he wants us to take. No horrible aftertaste. I also started my B-12 under the tongue pills today and must still take my daily blood clot injections.

I felt so good today that I decided to work on sewing some curtains for the patio. I hope to be sitting out there soon and the Florida sun is very strong. Four panels are done and I have 2 more to go. Hoping tomorrow is a good day too and I can get them done. Then I plan to start working on painting and reupholstering some kitchen chairs.

Amazing to hear you are feeling better! I will be on Protein Drinks forever I think to make sure I get enough protein, since it is the most important for muscle and hair. The more the merrier I guess! LOL I came home from the hospital off my two different insulins, metformin, and both blood pressure medicines. He has me on a drug for 6 mos to prevent gallstones because he said rapid weight loss usually will end up causing them. The most important thing to me is I have had no back pain or hip pain like I used to get if I walked just a little. I have more energy (shoveled the patio twice today!), and I feel sleevetastic! LOL Good luck with the curtains! You talk about the sun in FL, and we just got another 7 in of snow today in PA! LOL I love it tho! It's gorgeous out there, like a postcard!

Hey all!! So I got my surgery date, February 24th!! So excited and also a little nervous. I know I'm making the best decision for not only myself, but also my 15 month old son. I'm also getting my hiatal hernia repaired during my sleeve surgery. Anyone else have theirs repaired and know if it affected the length of their recovery time? My husband works crazy hours and I have some help from my mother and sister in law but I'm a little nervous about how long The recovery time will be since I'm a stay at home Mom.

Feb 8 ????

Feb 8

How you feeling today?

Well fist congratulation on your vsg date ooooot ooooot and far as recovery from what ive been seeing on youtube it depends on the person bcuz everyone heals differently but they also said to lister to your doctor and nurse's and most importantly is to listen to your body. ????????

Hey all!! So I got my surgery date, February 24th!! So excited and also a little nervous. I know I'm making the best decision for not only myself, but also my 15 month old son. I'm also getting my hiatal hernia repaired during my sleeve surgery. Anyone else have theirs repaired and know if it affected the length of their recovery time? My husband works crazy hours and I have some help from my mother and sister in law but I'm a little nervous about how long The recovery time will be since I'm a stay at home Mom.

Had one fixed with mine. We didn't even know I had one till he went in. My recovery went quickly, however, I was told not to lift anything heavy until 3 wks out. If you get the same instructions you may not be able to carry your baby. I didn't have any problems with having both done at the same time. If he hadn't told me I wouldn't even know it was done! Good luck to you!

Congratulations on getting your surgery date. Yes it will be the best decision you ever made. I wish my insurance would have approved of mine in 2008 when I first tried to get the lap band.

Anyhow my surgery was Jan 26th. I had a 6 month supervised diet I had to follow. During that time it was discovered I had a diseased gallbladder, and a hernia. At first the surgeon told me he would leave the hernia in as he thought it was an umbilical hernia. When he went in for the diseased gallbladder removal, he found out it was a hiatal hernia so he took it out and gave me the sleeve.

I have recovered really well but I must be careful not to lift anything really heavy. I don't feel it is prolonging my recovery at all. I wish you the very best for a speedy recovery.