Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food ideas for week 1

liquids? Isopure makes a clear Ready-to-Drink that is tolerable/good flavors mixed about half and half with Water. It has 40g Protein per bottle. If you don't need to have "clear" Protein drinks, Syntrax Nectars have a powder mix that is very good, and is whey Protein Isolate with 24 g Protein, 0 carb, and about 100 calories.

During the first week I definitely didn't get all of the Protein in. The focus for me the first week was fluids and keeping from getting dehydrated. It was difficult to drink Water and Protein shakes were a real struggle. That was about the only option though during the first week. Focus on getting your Water in for sure. The Protein will come.

What does your program materials and NUT suggest?

For week one I was on Clear Liquids with a couple of exceptions allowed by my surgeon.

I was given ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrate in the hospital and the helped tremendously the first week. I was able to buy them from my surgeon's office in various flavors. Initially, I ate them undiluted over crushed ice with a spoon. Later I was able to dilute them.

Some people like Isopure.< /p>

The exceptions to clear liquid I was allowed were premier Protein and a couple of the ProtiDiet Soups (creamy chicken and Tomato basil).

Clear broth, especially Bone Broth (which is higher in protein) was on my program for Clear Liquids.< /p>

In addition, I was allowed sugar-free Jello and sugar-free Popsicles.

If you are in doubt about what your program allows, then by all means give your NUT a call. I kept my program book by my side for the first month and consulted it constantly.

Thanks everyone

Was looking for some creative ideas but I think everyone is pretty much on the same plan lol

Good luck to all

there is no creativity the first few weeks, Water and Protein shakes...maybe some broths