Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What NSV are you looking forward to Postop?

I know all of us pre operative people are excited to watch the numbers on the scale fall but what else?

I can not wait to fee comfortable in my clothing, to sit on the couch or floor with my knees pulled up to my chest!

I can't wait to wear designer clothes because right now I'm limited to shoes , purses and capes because nothing else fits!

I'm also hoping to buy shoes that are not wides.

So what are you looking forward to that doesn't involve the numbers on a scale?

Being less self conscious on airplanes, in theaters, at sporting events...

Shopping at any store...

Not sweating all the time...

Crossing my legs... For the first time ever!

If my chair ever breaks at work again (I didn't break it) I don't won't need my boss to spend more company money on a "plus size" chair!!!

The first, earliest one? Being able to button my two favorite flannel shirts.

Then, fitting into some clothes that I love that are relatively new and can't wear.

Next, pitching some clothes I've had to practically live in because they fit and I'm not buying larger ones, dammit.

Next, having an easier time lacing up my boots.

I think that will do me for the first couple months ;-)

cross my legs!

fit into a booth at a restaurant

not be out of breath when climbing the stairs to my 2nd floor apartment

buying non plus size clothes

not being self conscious all the time

Traveling comfortably. I've always wanted to do a lot of traveling but haven't been able to because of my weight. My hips hurt if I walk too long, airplane seats are uncomfortable, driving long distances makes my back hurt, I'm ALWAYS hungry

I had my surgery this Tuesday and I have a trip to the Bahamas booked for May, I can not wait! Bathing suits, shopping for vacation clothes in regular stores, not being too self conscious to talk to men, I'm really looking forward to it

I like the NSV's you don't expect......Like jumping up to hit the fridge during a commercial and picking the container of broccoli and vegetables to heat up and snack on.......who woulda thought..... :P

Makes me realize I really have turned the corner :D

I can't wait to have less frequent back and leg pain. Wear a sweater dress and leggings. Shop for clothes in the main sections of Maurices and Old Navy!

I forgot that! The buying clothes that are NOT plus sized

And not feeing like I am judged for every thing I put in my mouth because I'm over weight....

Ohh gosh, so much! Not constantly making sure my shirt is pulled down and not hiking up. Walking into any store and buying clothes. Not having to search for wide calf boots. Not feeling like I got ran over by a truck every day after work (I work in the operating room :P). Fitting into seats. Having confidence. Feeling good is at the top of the list though!

And not feeing like I am judged for every thing I put in my mouth because I'm over weight....

That's one that snuck up on my in a very real way! I was reading the label of something at costco and discussing fat and sugar grams with a woman who was doing the same and she said "not that you have to worry about that"

Mind blown!

Probably being able to buy cute bras/panties that don't cost an arm and a leg... all the bigger ones that are cute are $$$$$.

Also crossing my legs, and walking stairs easier.

I'm excited to not be afraid of being humiliated about not fitting on a ride at an amusement park. I think I would still fit now but the idea of them maybe not getting it closed stops me from even trying.

My bf and I have already planned a date to go on rides once I'm down :)

I'm also looking forward to exercise not being so difficult to do! I have trouble getting into positions and keeping up and I can't wait to be able to whoop ass !!!

Hmmm.

1. Somebody said not sweating as much, amen to that. Once I started menopause, it's been on between hot flashes and regular sweating re: being 300 lbs. If I could just get to "regular" hot flashes, that'd be good.

2. Being able to hook my sandals without it being a huge production because I have such a problem touching my feet.

3. Walking up a flight of stairs without feeling like I've run a race.

4. Hating going shopping for clothes and not going somewhere just because I think about not having the right clothes to wear.

5. Recognizing the person in the reflection is me and not avoiding shiny surfaces!