Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was assigned clear fluids for the first 4 days. On day 5 (Monday) I can go to full liquids including cream Soups, v8, yogurts and pudding.

I am 5 days post op. My shakes made me sick because I'd just use almond milk and the chocolate or vanilla Protein Powder. Today I sprinkled a little instant sugarfree Jello pudding powder in and it was much better. The thicker consistency went down better for me and tasted better. Hope you're feeling ok!

i did not like Protein powder. I drank the ready made. they tasted good to me. I am about to buy some unflavored Protein Powder that I can add to my food/coffee.

Meganliz0824,

I feel ya man. I am 10 days post op and for four days I have stepped forward a week and have been having yogurt and cream of wheat. I am supposed to still be on Clear Liquids. I am thinking that since I tolerate it it's ok. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. I just wasn't satisfied and was hungry. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I have felt great through this whole process I am sick of Isopure drinks. I have also had premier Protein shakes and not supposed to yet. I don't know the answer and I really don't want to screw this up.

Liamnatx, thanks for the great ideas!!!!

I too am 10 days and I gotta tell ya, Wednesday can't come fast enough. Egg, fish mashed etc. I so look forward to it. My fear is 2 weeks and I'll want something different or gt tired. Guess I'll go pinterest for recipes. I actually know I'll be ok weight wise, it's just narrowing down your food intake to NOTHING is torture

Can you use some of the clear Protein drinks like Isopure in the clear bottles or Syntrax Nectars mixed with Water?

How is that Syntrax mix? I have a sample pk but have been nervous about trying it.

I like all the Syntrax ones. The matrix shakes and the nectar clears. My favorite clears are probably the iced tea and the lemonade and fuzzy navel. But everyone has different tastes. I hate the Premier Protein that many people on here say is the ONLY good one! Try it and see!

I'm 1 week post op and still on clears for another week and today is the first day in actually feel hungry. No amount of liquid and Jello is helping. My emotions are all crazy. Someone talk me through this or suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Are you getting Protein? There are Protein shakes that are clear. Isopure zero carb, nectar, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, etc..... If you are not getting Protein, you will feel hungry, heal slower, and possibly your body will go into starvation mode and lower your metabolism.

Edited by TheRealMeIsHere!

I wish I was on shakes that I could work with. I'm so over the sugar free Jello and Water and juices. Going crazy.

if the juices that you are drinking are regular fruit juice, the high carbs may also contribute to hunger and will slow weight loss

I'm 1 week post op and still on clears for another week and today is the first day in actually feel hungry. No amount of liquid and Jello is helping. My emotions are all crazy. Someone talk me through this or suggestions?

Are you getting Protein? There are Protein shakes that are clear. Isopure zero carb, nectar, unjury, etc..... If you are not getting protein, you will feel hungry, heal slower, and possibly your body will go into starvation mode and lower your metabolism.

I'm going to put forth 300% effort to do it all Especially the 30-40gram of protein. I really want to defuse the hunger issue so I'm going to try to get all the protein in. Thanks & hope it helps as the hunger pains mk me naughty to the pinch

Edited by Author Andrea

Are you getting Protein? There are Protein shakes that are clear. Isopure zero carb, nectar, unjury, etc..... If you are not getting protein, you will feel hungry, heal slower, and possibly your body will go into starvation mode and lower your metabolism.

I'm going to put forth 300% effort to do it all Especially the 30-40gram of protein. I really want to defuse the hunger issue so I'm going to try to get all the protein in. Thanks & hope it helps as the hunger pains mk me naughty to the pinch

Are you getting protein? There are Protein Shakes that are clear. Isopure zero carb, nectar, Unjury, etc..... If you are not getting protein, you will feel hungry, heal slower, and possibly your body will go into starvation mode and lower your metabolism.

Is 30-40 gms of protein what your NUT recommends? I know there are many different protocols. My NUT recommends 80 gms of protein

30-40 grams of Protein is extremely low. No wonder you are hungry.

What is your Protein goal? Mine is 100 grams a day for life. I rarely see one lower than 70-80 grams.

You have received some great advice.

Even on Clear liquids you need to get in your protein.

Try bone broth (it has more protein than regular broth), Isopure, Syntrax Nectars, ProtiDiet Liquid beverage concentrates, and other Clear Liquids. Also talk to your NUT.

My surgeon allowed Premier Protein even during my clear phase because it is so thin.

In addition, are you taking a PPI to help with stomach acid.

30-40 grams of Protein is extremely low. No wonder you are hungry.

What is your Protein goal? Mine is 100 grams a day for life. I rarely see one lower than 70-80 grams.

You have received some great advice.

Even on clear liquids you need to get in your protein.

Try bone broth (it has more protein than regular broth), Isopure, Syntrax Nectars, ProtiDiet Liquid beverage concentrates, and other clear liquids. Also talk to your NUT.

My surgeon allowed Premier Protein even during my clear phase because it is so thin.

In addition, are you taking a PPI to help with stomach acid.

I'm pre-op for another week, and the NUT recommended 52-62 grams of protein per day for me (5'3" female). Then told me more was not better. Does that sound low to you too? Of course, this is my only experience and I don't have anything to weigh it against.

Follow your NUTs instructions.

My surgeon's guidelines were 100 grams for all men and anyone who started at over a 50 BMI and everyone else was 80 grams.