Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guy's Room - Calorie target 9 months out?

Speaking of calories, went to my first Christmas luncheon. Really not that big of a deal if you don't focus on I can't eat the 2 hours straight eating every piece of candy, cake and hitting food line 3 to 4 times.

I just laughed talked a lot and while everyone hit the Cookies, cupcakes and such before meal, I got a few of those penny suckers (35 calories) and just kept talking, laughing and socializing.

When lunch actually started I got some of that baked chicken with all of that rich gravy ( about 2 ounces, 250 calories), and some carrots (40 calories) and a roll(1/3 of it, 50 calories) and I just laughed and played all games.

When I was done in 2 hours I had a blast and when all done I had well under 500 calories and didn't miss a beat. I didn't feel like I missed anything. All in moderation and I had the flavor of the food and mingled like last Christmas minus the 7000 calorie meal.

The only difference was I wasn't sad after the party because of over indulging like in past years...

Have any of you been to any of those office/ job events yet?

We had a full blown Thanksgiving lunch at my office. Turkey, ham, pies, cakes, sweet potatoes, collard greens... the works. Most of the people in my office know I had the surgery, so no one batted an eye when I only got small portions and didn't indulge in dessert. I had a Protein packed meal and splurged on a quarter of a sweet potato. Like you, I felt pretty good afterwards while everyone else was walking around in a stupor or sleeping in their cubes from a turkey induced coma!

I'm only 2 1/2 months out, but I think I'm eating too few. Midweek, I'm around 800 calories and weekends 1100-1200.

Riding my bike an hour - 5 days a week.

Last week, I stayed the same all week then dropped a pound and a half after eating 1100 on Friday night.

I did just get some 100 mg Metamucil caps. Does anyone know how much and how often I should take?

I'm only 2 1/2 months out, but I think I'm eating too few. Midweek, I'm around 800 calories and weekends 1100-1200.

Riding my bike an hour - 5 days a week.

Last week, I stayed the same all week then dropped a pound and a half after eating 1100 on Friday night.

I did just get some 100 mg Metamucil caps. Does anyone know how much and how often I should take?

Be sure you drink plenty of Fluid with Metamucil. It's bulk forming and can cause bowel obstruction (in extreme cases). I might try half the usual dose. Remember, we only eat a fraction of what most adults do. Soluble Fiber (Benefiber) is a lot more forgiving in our situation.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

How are you all as it relates to calores and stalls? This was an excellent male thread that started in November and frankly you are my true Guage to where I should be.

I have lost maybe 7 lbs since late November. Very slow. But my measurements are dropping pretty fast.

Weight loss is kind of dissappointing.

People say I am looking great though.

I was a 3xl, I am down to a XL for the most part, pants were at 38 now I wear a 36 and a 34 will fit but are tight.

I work out and treadmill 4 days a week, I get in 80 to 100 grams of protien and usually get at least 40 ounces of Water a day.

Still my weight is what I mentioned above. I am at 224 and stuck in between 225 and 222 titering.

Anyone else had this long of a weight stall....

I think the scale HATES me.....

Any feedback would be appreciated...

How are you all as it relates to calores and stalls? This was an excellent male thread that started in November and frankly you are my true Guage to where I should be.

I have lost maybe 7 lbs since late November. Very slow. But my measurements are dropping pretty fast.

Weight loss is kind of dissappointing.

People say I am looking great though.

I was a 3xl, I am down to a XL for the most part, pants were at 38 now I wear a 36 and a 34 will fit but are tight.

I work out and treadmill 4 days a week, I get in 80 to 100 grams of protien and usually get at least 40 ounces of Water a day.

Still my weight is what I mentioned above. I am at 224 and stuck in between 225 and 222 titering.

Anyone else had this long of a weight stall....

I think the scale HATES me.....

Any feedback would be appreciated...

Are you doing any weight training?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yes, I am working out hard to keep the muscle. My arms are getting chiseled and I have lost 90% of fat from my chest going from a 55 plus inch chest to roughly 44 inches, fat has melted from chest and legs...

My stomach is now my biggest problem spot, it is stopping me from comfortably wearing an XL shirt...

I'm 5'10 and down 75lbs to 206. Wearing XL mostly and 38's. My exercise is strictly biking and walking. I'm beginning weights soon, but at 63, I'm not sure it'll do much for me.

Thoughts?

Weights are always good to tone up and retain muscle.... does not have to be heavy weights either...

How far are you out from surgery?

October 6 - 13 1/2 weeks. HW 281 (8/10/15), SW 251, today 204.

Ate typical holiday food in smaller portions and down 3 pounds from 12/24. I think my pace will get back up to 8-10 lbs/month now that I'm back on food logging and exercise.