Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What have you learned to love since WLS?

I love that food doesn't control me anymore.

I love that I'm not preoccupied with thinking about when and what my next meal will be

I love everything. Slipping between small spaces , painting my own toes, feeling strong and healthy, liking what I see in the mirror, skinny jeans ( !!!) and knowing that almost anything in the store will fit me without a problem. A recent big shocker ? Having my picture taken !! A new grandbaby, (pictures !) and a work related group photo, and Im happy and comfortable sitting front and center ! Shocking !

Loingdavid, I dont know if it's the weight loss or the fact that im getting older (57),but I noticed a big change in body temperature since WLS. Im colder now, so glad I started buying cute cardigan sweaters and quilted vests, I also wear a cute long scarf daily and sometimes a knitted beanie. Makes all the difference ! ( I get most of my beanies at Goodwill, but Target has a great selection too, starting at about $8.00 )

Yoga! I am really enjoying learning new poses and seeing real results - can almost flat hand on the floor for the toe touching now and regaining so much flexibility, balance and muscle.

Bike riding and swimming. Loved both when I was a kid, but lost my joy from them once I got older and fatter... now I ride my bike to go swimming in the spring/summer and ride my bike around the trails and it's so lovely.

I actually look forward to weighing myself since I'm more often than not seeing reduction in weight every week or two.

Love "shopping" my closet for clothes I was too big to wear, but couldn't bear to get rid of. I bought a beautiful pale green velvet fitted jacket years ago that was too small to wear (fell in love with it and thought I'd somehow diet down to fit) and just tried it on this month and it not only fits, I have a bit of room to wear a sweater under without binding in the arms! :D

And also trying on clothes in general. I've bought a few new pairs of jeans, and no longer feel dread at the idea of going clothes shopping.

Yes am just very cold now. I don't have the extra weight so am noticing it now. I am 36 yrs old and I did not wear gloves and scarfs before but last night I had to ????. I am sure missing my capris and sandals. But yes I need to buy more winter clothes.

@@Babbs You should try edamame spaghetti. I was a Pasta person too, and I have also done the zucchini thing and spaghetti squash, but this stuff is pasta! (Okay, it's almost pasta! :P ) I put an Amazon link below, but I get it at costco for nearly half the Amazon price.

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Edamame-Spaghetti-lbs-907g/dp/B00TCUM7X2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447608092&sr=8-1&keywords=edamame+spaghetti&pebp=1447608095665&perid=0XM3FAF3M6G055HZDGXF

Sorry to interrupt, please return to the original topic. I just get excited about sharing the Pasta love!

REALLY!?!? That looks so gross. I tried the black bean pasta at costco once and it was great for my weight loss efforts. It was so nasty, I hucked it up and spent the next three days gargling Listerine trying to get the taste out of my mouth.

I love not beating myself up all the time or having to figure out whether I'm on or off one program or another. I love not being on a diet and I love, love, love being a dainty eater. Being able to have one bite of something yummy is wonderful -- I love not feeling uncontrollable urges for more, more, more all the time. And clothes. I can't believe what fun I missed out on for so many years while, like others, I was hiding out in black. Really happy I bought those gorgeous boots last year but best purchase of all so far is one of those puffy sleeping bag coats to keep my skinny body warm. Okay, not skinny, but just right. I love being a woman in her mid-fifties who could stand to lose ten pounds but is curvy, vivacious and comfortable in her own body. Great thread, thank you! Nice reminders of all we have to be grateful for.

I'm doing digging being a member in good standing in the First Church/Cult of Protein.

Also all the little NSV's.

May not be the clearest picture I've ever taken, but notice there is nearly a foot of slack in my seat belt on my flight yesterday. A year ago I was fretting having to use the extender (which gets you kicked out of the exit row). There was lots of space. Think about all the extra wear and tear we are not subjecting ourselves to by being smaller.

What have I learned to love?

OK, well here goes:

Love being mobile again. Being able to walk, go up and down stairs, bike, hike, swim, etc.

Love being able to shop in any store. If I don't see something I like one place, I know I can go to a dozen other stores. Not just having to shop at Avenue and the women's sections of the department stores.

Love not buying the same thing in every color just because it fits.

Love not worrying about chairs with arms, restaurant booths, airplane seats, or maneuvering around any small space.

Love not being the biggest person in the room anymore

Love the feeling of lightness as I'm no longer lugging around an extra 145 or so pounds.

Love making love in all kinds of positions because I can.

Love being small enough that I can curl into the man, feel the heat coming off his body, and drift off to sleep

Love wearing makeup and deciding what I'll wear and with what accessories I'll match it with each day.

Love that I'm running out of closet space with all the clothes I own.

Love that the opposite sex notices me. Not that I'm flirting but it's still nicer than being ignored.

I'm sure there's more but I think this list is probably long enough and will hopefully give any newbies out there some incentive while they are working on their own transformations.

I love eating because I have to not because I want to

I love going to yoga and being able to get into poses where my stomach was in the way before

I love wearing clothes again

I love Water, just plain ordinary water

I have learned to love...

* Crossing my legs - how did I sit before???

* Not wearing cardigans over everything

* Being social again

* Accepting compliments

... and many more. Who would have thought :)

I love that......

* I eat to live, not live to eat!!!

*taking clothes from my three teenaged daughters closets!!!

*Love being able to shop anywhere

*love being able to cross my legs

*loving myself again!!

I have learned to love...

* Crossing my legs - how did I sit before???

* Not wearing cardigans over everything

* Being social again

* Accepting compliments

... and many more. Who would have thought :)

Wait, whuuuuut?? I am always so dang cold, I keep a cardigan on hand every where I go!!