Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey thanks for the reply. On the way back we would be stopping every few hours song could walk around. Also my surgery is in Juarez with Dr. Jose Rodriguez. They are picking us up from the Airport in El Paso Texas

Hey thanks for the reply. On the way back we would be stopping every few hours song could walk around. Also my surgery is in Juarez with Dr. Jose Rodriguez. They are picking us up from the Airport in El Paso Texas

Gosh, that still seems so long. Why don't you ask your surgeon how he feels about a car ride of that length?

I dont recommend driving, a few years ago i drove with my mom to guadalajara mexico from charlotte nc. It took 3 days and it was tough and we both took turns driving. We went to deliver somethings to our family there. Good luck.

Well, you could go Amtrak but it's 4 days there and 2 days back, and it's around $1200 for two people depending on when you go. With Amtrak you can get up whenever you want.

You would be better off just flying.

What Frankie's girl said.

I never was asked to buy a seat and I used to travel for a living. The seatbelt extender is a nerve-wracking thing to ask for, but the flight crew will be very good with you.

Good luck on the surgery.

Hey guys just wanted to thank you all for the info. I really appreciate it. After some more consideration we decided to go ahead and just fly. Just purchased the plane tickets today. Thank you guys so much!

Hey guys just wanted to thank you all for the info. I really appreciate it. After some more consideration we decided to go ahead and just fly. Just purchased the plane tickets today. Thank you guys so much!

Seriously check out that Facebook group Flying While Fat. They are super supportive and give really good tips

As an aside to anyone who's still checking into this topic: I've heard of people who needed seatbelt extenders carrying their own so that they don't have to ask upon boarding. No idea how/where they get them, but it may be from a catalogue that specialized in products for hefty babes and men; I don't know the name of the catalogue. Or maybe they pinch the extenders the airlines give them on loan? Unthinkable.

As an aside to anyone who's still checking into this topic: I've heard of people who needed seatbelt extenders carrying their own so that they don't have to ask upon boarding. No idea how/where they get them, but it may be from a catalogue that specialized in products for hefty babes and men; I don't know the name of the catalogue. Or maybe they pinch the extenders the airlines give them on loan? Unthinkable.

You can get them from travel stores. Here's one and I've also seen them on Amazon.< /p>

I should mention the extender will not work on all airlines. I know a few people who have 2 and switch up depending on what plane you are riding on. Honestly I found it easier to just ask the flight attendant. Most of them are very nice and discreet about passing it to you.

@@BLERDgirl -- I believe that flight attendants are discreet and quick about it. Since some people say they feel uncomfortable asking for extenders, I just thought they'd like to know there's an option. I never noticed differences between airline buckles; that's something to know.

Keeping your eye on the prize (why you are doing this and what you can expect down the line)...last year I was on the verge of needing the extender of shame...I spent time researching the seats that would give me the most room...this weekend I had over a foot of slack on my seat belt. Your life will change for the good.

Edited by OKCPirate

@@BLERDgirl -- I believe that flight attendants are discreet and quick about it. Since some people say they feel uncomfortable asking for extenders, I just thought they'd like to know there's an option. I never noticed differences between airline buckles; that's something to know.

Destination XL is where I bought mine. There is an A option and a B option, and the website tells you which airlines those options will work. I have two since Southwest has a different seat belt than others like JetBlue.

I travel a lot so I ended going on e-bay and getting both types of extenders (depending on the company--for example Southwest has a different type of seat belt than United). I always book an aisle seat. That way you can sort of "lean" into the aisle giving you more space (only have to tuck in when the carts come by.

Middle seats are of course not good and it is surprising that the window seats can feel tight.

I have not had surgery yet but have lost 64 pounds in my pre-op and am finally, after 9 months, having my surgery on Tuesday! Last week I flew and did NOT need my extender.

So... if you want to message me your address and which airlines you are going to be flying on I'd be happy to give you my extender. Hopefully you won't need it for long and can send it on to someone else starting their journey.

Good luck!