Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things you feel good about?

After losing a significant amount of weight! How do you feel? What are things your doing now that you wouldn't do before? Does people treat you better?

I'm still in the process of losing but I'm about halfway to my ultimate goal weight :) I feel great! My body is adjusting to the thinner me as I tend to catch myself slouching a bit sometimes or sitting way back from a table bc of my pre-existing belly hehe

I'm waking up feeling good about myself! I'm working my way to going to clothing stores even though I really don't want to lol I am energized in a different way and it feels amazing! I also gained back some of my spunk!

I'm a pretty nice and friendly person. My inside personality is finally matching what my outside appearance should have always been. If anything I'm getting noticed by guys and it feels kind of nice. But I have the foggest idea on what I'm doing..I never really had this kind of attention before so I'm kind of awkward and shy when guys compliment me lol

But hey in the end of the day I look at myself in the mirror and always say "you are looking great, you are amazing! You've made it this far and you'll keep going. You got this. I love you!" *I've had low self-esteem all my life*

SW: 225

CW: 181

GW1: 160

Ultimate GW:130

Edited by jacks89

Surgery Date: 08/05/15

High Weight -- 310

Surgery Weight -- 268

Current Weight -- 220

I feel better than I have in years!!!!! Love going shopping; down from a 26/28 to a 16/18! Love crossing my legs, not worrying about fitting in a booth at restaurant, tying my shoes, eating like a skinny person, having lots more energy!

Best thing I have every done for myself!

I'm still early in the journey but am already seeing benefits. Going up stairs without feeling like I'm going to pass out. Putting on clothing that had gotten too tight and finding out that they are now loose. Energy to spare. Knees feeling 100% better without the NSAIDs I was on. Getting out and walking with friends or family and not having to quit after 5 minutes. I'm sleeping better.

Do people treat me differently? Not at this point, no. But I'm a fairly out-going person and I talk/flirt with everyone so I don't wait for them to be kind or indifferent to me. :)

I feel great physically. I became an avid runner (currently training for a marathon) and found that I love to try new kinds of work outs like group classes, etc. I never would have been confident enough to step foot into a group class before.

I also find that I am, overall, just more confident and more willing to speak up in meetings, assert myself, etc. I think some of that is in part due to the many, many months of therapy I've done alongside the new eating habits. I've learned that I am worth it, I deserve good things, and I can be heard.

I've gone to an amusement park with my family and rode all the bit roller coasters, which I couldn't fit into before.

I wore not one, not two, but three bikinis this summer which I have never in my LIFE done - not even before I gained all the weight. AND this is crazy, but I had enough confidence and satisfaction with my body to have boudoir photos taken as a thank you to my husband for all his support through my surgeries.

I would say that I feel like a new person, but that is not true. Honestly I feel like the same person at 130 pounds as I did at 278 pounds, which was probably the biggest surprise to me. But I feel like a more confident, happy, satisfied, and healthy version of myself. :-)

@@livvsmum

Awesome! What an inspiration! I don't know if I'll be wearing a bikini EVER but I would like to do a 5K and who knows maybe eventually a marathon... ;-)

I am 5 weeks out from my surgery. I lost enough weight that I had to go out and buy some new work pants and shirts. I got XL shirts and size 38 pants. I haven't been this size since I was a senior in high school 22 years ago!

It was amazing to go to the clearance rack and find clothes in my size and get some cheap clothes to get me thru my transition time! It felt like I had made real progress.

After losing a significant amount of weight! How do you feel? What are things your doing now that you wouldn't do before? Does people treat you better?

I'm still in the process of losing but I'm about halfway to my ultimate goal weight :) I feel great! My body is adjusting to the thinner me as I tend to catch myself slouching a bit sometimes or sitting way back from a table bc of my pre-existing belly hehe

I'm waking up feeling good about myself! I'm working my way to going to clothing stores even though I really don't want to lol I am energized in a different way and it feels amazing! I also gained back some of my spunk!

I'm a pretty nice and friendly person. My inside personality is finally matching what my outside appearance should have always been. If anything I'm getting noticed by guys and it feels kind of nice. But I have the foggest idea on what I'm doing..I never really had this kind of attention before so I'm kind of awkward and shy when guys compliment me lol

But hey in the end of the day I look at myself in the mirror and always say "you are looking great, you are amazing! You've made it this far and you'll keep going. You got this. I love you!" *I've had low self-esteem all my life*

. I can't wait for this feeling.... Do you have any pictures... I would love to see your before and after

@@Joymarie333

I feel amazing. Its not just my health or smaller body. The biggest gift was to overcome many things within myself. I don't take anything for granted.

To be honest before surgery I was not out living my life. I am now up for anything. I am making up for lost time. You name it I will try anything once. ;) If I like it.... its a repeat...lol

Here is my two cents for what its worth:

You have people in your life that know you and will support you regardless of your weight . Hold on to people like that in your life.

Just a few things you may experience when you become a healthy weight:

I have had people that would not give me the time of day now want to be friends. (not going to happen)

People that I was close to are now uncomfortable and have become more distant

Attention from the opposite sex may be a bit awkward at first. I use a scale.(1) compliment (2) hilarious (3) Creepy

I go into a store the staff seem to be more helpful..( I have to ask..is this just me experiencing this? or anyone else that has had surgery?)

Ran my first 5K in 17 years over the weekend...and headed for more

Went on the Superman ride at Six Flags (Maryland), which was local coaster still precluding me based on size

I think about work at work, instead of food, and think about [insert activity here] while doing [insert activity here], instead of food. Yes, I think about food when eating food, and I actually didn't before, which was a problem.

People actually sit in the seat next to me on the Metro instead of assuming there isn't room for the both of us.

Interestingly, I haven't had the experience of the poster directly above...nobody who didn't want to be friends before wants to be friends now, but in the event they do, my response will be exactly as it is described in the above post.

As posted in other parts previously...

Started at 550+lb

Sleeved at 500+lb

Estimating I'm currently down approx 170lb

How do you feel? I feel better than I have in years. Years!!

What are things your doing now that you wouldn't do before? The list is long and involved. Walking on the beach, fishing off the rocks, cycling and many, many more things...

Does people treat you better? For the most part, people don't treat me any differently. Perhaps that's because I'm still a fat man. Or perhaps it's because I'm still the same person as I've always been.

I just wanted to comment "WOW!". Keep up the great work.

Starting weight 298 pre surgery weight 281 sugary was on 10/26 current weight 271. Struggling with weakness and not wanting to drink the shakes is this normal???

Fitting into clothes/sizes I haven't been since high school. Not getting extremely winded walking up the stairs .

I decided I should start running today, I was able to go a mile before I stopped! Oh and my small clothes are starting to be too big!

Starting weight 298 pre surgery weight 281 sugary was on 10/26 current weight 271. Struggling with weakness and not wanting to drink the shakes is this normal???

Yes I hate shakes. But without them my Protein lacks.

. I can't wait for this feeling.... Do you have any pictures... I would love to see your before and after

Hey girl I'm sorry I've been working nonstop I'll send you a before and after pic tomorrow, I'll be off after 6 eastern time! :)