Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the deal with ice?

@@itstimealready I would just like to apologies for taking over your post with my silliness. You will have to forgive me. I'm on a liquid diet "for fun" and I think it may be affecting my brain a touch. I'm not usually this weird. I still stand by what I said about the ice though. It doesn't have gass in it. You are newly operated on and you don't need that kind of ridiculous added stress over ice. Hope you have a fast recovery!

I'm not on liquids, so I have no excuse, other than to say that your nurse is an idiot.

Enjoy ice. Seriously.

And green cows, freckles and the view from the roof. :D

Yes there is hydrogen and oxygen in the ice, but unless your stomach is performing electrolysis, you are fine.

Don't burp across an open flame after eating some ice, you might shoot out a fireball :))

The scary thing is she is a nurse offering medical advice.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Over 75% of the air we breathe is nitrogen gas, does this nurse not want you to breathe too?

I think you should have asked that nurse to check your backside because you feel something wrong. Then when she took a peek under the hospital johnny you should have ripped a real nasty fart and told her "Whoopsie, I guess I ate some ice by accident. Sorry.".

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Very weird advice. I too was given ice chips right away. My surgeon even made it a point to tell us we could have all the ice chips we wanted before our leak test (not everyone in the room got the message that ice chips were all that were allowed at that time so we're a bit surprised).

I was completely out of it but it was some strange looking perfect tiny little squares of ice - didn't hallucinate this haha. I believed her that maybe there's something funky that she was using just keep my Water bottle cold all day or something but it did melt so it seemed like ice to me. She was weird anyway. Trying to remember some of the other things she told me that made me go "huh?"

Thanks so much y'all. I know everything's processed these days and has added ingredients and I thought holy moly ice too?