Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monday's the day! 36 hrs and counting!

So excited this journey is about to begin! This forum has been so encouraging. I love reading about your journey, tips and challenges.

I'm imagining all the ways my life is about to change. I want to set up little rewards along the way other than the HUGE reward of health and beauty. :)

We will be here! Good luck!

How soon after surgery am I likely to be up driving, running short errands?

everybody's recovery is different so it's hard to say. For me, I had very little pain and a great recovery so I felt comfortable to drive within a few days. But I had so little energy that going to the grocery store really wiped me out and I would fall asleep when I got home

So excited this journey is about to begin! This forum has been so encouraging. I love reading about your journey, tips and challenges.

I'm imagining all the ways my life is about to change. I want to set up little rewards along the way other than the HUGE reward of health and beauty. :)

I'm having my surgery Monday also!!!! I'm ready and nervous all at once!!!! God has us both!!!! He has blessed us with this healthy start!!!! Hopefully we will be able to come on here Monday if we are not in a lot of pain!! Keep me posted has we will both be on the losers bench together!!!!!????????????????????????

I'm having surgery Monday as well. I'm not really nervous but just a little anxious. I'm mostly excited.

So exciting! Thank you all for being here with me! Seriously, I went to a couple of meetings and got turned off - but the success stories and encouragement here got me where I am today - at the crest of a wave of health! I'm in SoCal. I will be looking for your posts! Good luck - woohoo!

Good luck...i just had my surgery Thursday

Edited by dede0314

How are you feeling?

I'm doing pretty good... I haven't had any nausea. Haven't really had any incision pains I noticed I only really feel them if I stand for too long. The worst part has been the gas and it's much better today.

I'm Monday, as well! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. Since I live 4 hours away, I'm leaving tomorrow for a hotel nearby.

just wanted to jump on and say I'm having my surgery Monday as well!! it was originally scheduled for 930,but they called and said it will be 1030 now....why did they have to push it back an hour?!?! its one more hour I have to wait. but oh, well, ive been pre op so long, another hour wont kill me!! anyway, im both nervous and excited, its not like me to do much for myself, but honestly, by doing this I will be saving my life and it will mean theres more things I can do with/for my husband and daughter!!

The day by day, play by play info is super helpful and reassuring!

I can only speak from my experiences.

My doc said I could drive as soon as I was free and clear of the pain meds he prescribed.

Honestly the only reason I even took the post-op pain med was due to soreness from an umbilical hernia repair done at the same time as the sleeve.

I continue to have zero trouble from my sleeve surgery. That part was simply breeze.

I drove to my first follow-up appointment on Day 6. I'd been going stir crazy in the house and it felt GREAT to get behind the wheel of my little Nissan truck. I distinctly remember thinking I should have driven sooner.

You are going to have a few smallish incision sites in your abdomen that are going to take a while to heal. I'd be very careful not to be lugging around anything more than 5 lbs.

Yesterday was Day 11 for me and I'd run by a local spot and picked up two gallons of their diet lemonade. I can't stress how heavy those two jugs felt as I carried them from my truck to the kitchen. Crazy scenario as I'm a fairly strong guy.....but have been weak with this dang hernia repair.

If it wasn't for the hernia I'd already be back at work.

You are going to do great.