Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I've been yelled at today.

glad you did get a ticket! Oops I meant did NOT get a ticket!

@@Halfagain

:D :D

Froudienn slip :lol: (sorry for the msp)

i'm LUCKY/relieved i didn't get a ticket :rolleyes:

kathy

So for those late to the party;

OP posted that they woke up at 8:50 for an 8:30 appointment and then was informed they would have to reschedule. This was the 2nd cancellation/reschedule because the previous appoint was canceled by OP due to mixing up dates in her calendar. Since this was the 2nd occurrence and even though OP gave a week's notice for the previous reschedule she was informed by staff that 1 more missed appointment would result in being dropped from th program. OP seem to feel this was mistreatment due to her weight. Responses have attempted to explain that this is how a medical practice is run and weight has nothing to do with it.

@BLENDgirl

hey bud

thanx for filling in the missing pieces

I've always known you were/are aces, really!! :rolleyes:

kathy

@@wannaBthinsoon It was horrible. I have a great sense of humor so I took it in stride, but yeah, it was a bad day.

That sounds like the kind of day that may produce dividends in the future. Who knows, maybe you smiled at the future love of your life or best friend on the bus and the next time you bump into her (or him) they remember you and introduce themselves. At least you got to spend time with family. I like to think of day's like yours as adventures.

@wannaBthinsoon If it was pureed I could eat it, the stage 3 diet is really strange from my NUT. She gave me a handout with like 4 new foods, then a sample menu with all kinds of things not on the diet. So, I am pretty much going with if it's pureed, I can eat it.

I love Chili too, but not spicy, I am a rather bland eater. Now to find a good low cal/fat/carb recipe....

Thanks for the suggestion!!

@@Inner Surfer Girl

I also view everything as an adventure!! When I lived in NY, I used to love my Saturday's off, I used to just walk around Manhattan, I called it my Saturday adventure. I'd find trendy exciting new restaurants to eat in take in the sites and just have a good time.

As for the whole meeting someone new, while the idea is nice, I don't think I'll ever date anyone again. I suffered through 18 years of emotional abuse from my ex-wife, in fact it is so bad I have PTSD from it. I don't know that I have it in me to ever be intimate with anyone again, the fear of what might happen is so strong, I quite literally cannot describe it. I would like to think in those terms, but, cannot. The sad thing is I am only 47, so I figure I got 20 or 30 years to go.

Being la flaneur in Manhattan sounds so cool and interesting.

I so sorry to hear about your previous relationship experience and understand your feelings (I have certainly been very self-protective due to a toxic relationship). I just wish for both of us that we never let that experience keep us from living life to the fullest.

Never say never!

Yea I hate when my bariatric doctor treats me badly because I am obese... Hmm... II just know my skinny sister would get a more favorable reaction from him,especially since he can make no money from her.

That was meant to be a joke and I think I posted to wrong place lol I wish I knew how to delete

@@winklie the recipie I use for high Protein low carb chili is 1 pound ground turkey 1 can of kidney Beans one can black beans one can pinto beans 5 tomatoes diced and some McCormick chili powder all in the crock pot on high for 6 hours

@skepchick That sounds tasty and doable, now I just need to get a crock pot...... Why do you use canned Beans instead of dried ones and reconstitute them yourself? I avoid cans (long story), I have like 5 pounds of dried kidney Beans here already, I just need to re-hydrate them. I'll get a Crock pot next week and make a batch of this, it sounds wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!!!

I use the canned Beans because I usually make this in the morning before rushing off to work and canned is just faster. I have used dried beans and for that only use 1 pound of the rehydrated beans

@ One pound of each, Kidney, Black and Pinto, or total? And I assume you buy fresh tomatoes and dice them, how big a Tomato are we talking? I am just trying to make a visual picture, because by this time next week, i'll be eating this. I think, the whole Crock Pot thing has me a little spooked, there are too damned many of them and I am cheap. lol

@BLERDgirl@skepchick@VSGAnn2014

Although I do not generally do this in a public setting I'll share my life statement with you all, it was crafted over years of hard, uncompromising work, where literally every decision I made had the potential to cause death.

"I will relentlessly strive for perfection in all things I do, with the hopes of settling for mere excellence"

The funny part is that I never considered my weight into that, I just sort of let myself go over a number of years. I think I was intentionally trying to make myself less attractive while married (that is a nightmare I will skip).

Now my weight is a covered by my life statement, I WILL lose the weight I want to lose. No one but me can stop me, and I am not about to do that.

You my friend, are a true true inspiration. I teared up. (Thanks for making me an emotional mess!!)

I now have you on a pedestal and you are rocking it like a natural prince!

You got this!

It's people like you that help people like me succeed.

You have the drive and determination that will not wither. And I promise I will be there at your (online) side and be a huge success story too!

Nothing is gonna stop me babeeeeee!!

Ps: do you have a fitbit? Did you track your steps that (god awful) mess of a day?

Lol

Stay pumped and happy losing!!!

Heather

Edited by heather5565

@@heather5565

Fitbit was not as high as I expected, I totaled 17K, however I missed my morning walk, so that was 15K I started in the hole.

Your words were very kind. I don't see myself as anything special. Just a guy doing his thing. If I can help someone, I will. I have never been on a pedestal before (looks around), it's quite nice up here.

lol and thank you, your kind words do as much for me as mine do for you.