Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days before surgery and emotional

I think it's partially PMS, and then a lot of stuff going on in my life, but holy cow I'm emotional. So much going through my brain. Surgery is Wednesday at 9:30, and my pre-op appointment was today. It's just very real now. I'm still very ready to do this, and I am not questioning my decision, but the EMOTIONS. I'm teary and sensitive.

Is this "normal?"

Yes a lot of people have been nervous prior to surgery. Just know that you will be in great hands surrounded by medical professionals whose best interest is do perform a successful surgery for you. Best wishes to you!

I think it depends on your experience with hospitals and such. For many other than a visit or 2 to the doctor they may not have had surgeries and procedures. For them it's a big deal and can be a little scary. It's perfectly normal. If it gets too overwhelming you can let them know when you check in and they can give you something to help calm you.

It's normal to be antsy.

I know I sure was.

You say it's getting real now. Think back to when you made the decision to have surgery.....remember your rationale then...your motivations. It'll bring things into focus.

One thing that made the jitters more for me on this surgery, was that it was the first elective surgery, other than a vasectomy, that I've had. All the rest were to repair stuff I'd torn up through one some misadventure. This one, however, was of my own choice. For some reason this kept me churning until I thought through it all over again and connected back to the "why" I chose to do this.

I wish you the best.

This surgery, by the way.....has been as easy for me to recover from as the vasectomy I dreaded and delayed on for years. :D

Worrying about how much more beautiful you are going to look and how you will need to fight the men off with a stick after the surgery must be pretty overwhelming.

Congratulations. Everything is going to go well.

It's perfectly normal. You're about to embark on a life changing journey. You've got emotions leaking out like sawdust. But just focus on what you're hoping to achieve. Looking at the big picture, the operation itself is barely a speed bump in the scheme of things. It's the new lease on life you're getting that's the real prize. And it's worth everything you're going through. You'll be fine. Good luck!

@@redsohare - Looking forward to seeing you on the other side. I noticed that nearly everyone freaks themselves out a couple of days before. You should. You are about to alter your life, and we pray for the good...or even great. I really recommend reading this post: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/195065-you-know-you-lost-weight-when/

It will remind you why you are on this journey. Good luck, best wishes. In a month you will be totally "why didn't I do this years ago."

I was on edge waiting for ins approval but when i finally got it 2 days before surgery i was emotional. I was realizing that what i was waiting and working for was gonna happen. No turning back. Your relationship with food is about to change. Good luck with everything.