Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid stalls!

I'm 7wks po and I've been stuck at -29/30 lbs for 2wks now! I know stalls come and go but I need someone to talk me off the edge quick! Lol I wanna strangle my sleeve!

Oh the dreaded stalls. I was stalled at 200 for 2 weeks. I seriously wanted to cry and thought that I would never be under 200 ever again. Then after 2 weeks I woke up on day and I was at 199. I was so grateful I almost cried. To make it even better the next day I weighed 195!! I have sat here for a few days now but I'm not complaining one bit. The stalls happen but they make up for them when the scale starts to move again. It's just your body trying to catch up.

Weigh yourself once a week. Then, you wont freak out every day :)

I'm on the move again!!! Dropped 4lbs!

I'm on the move again!!! Dropped 4lbs!

HURRAYYY for you. I hate those stalls and they can be very maddening and frustrating. Am so glad your body has adjusted and started losing again. I am on the supervised diet and see the Dr later today. I feel like I haven't lost a pound during this 4th month. Since this supervised diet started I have lost 27 pounds. I better see a loss today. Thank goodness the Dr nor the insurance required me to lose a certain amount before the surgery.

I am so fearful that after surgery I may follow this same pattern of stalls and not losing as fast as I feel I should. By the way my weight loss ticker is spanned over man many years. I a doing this journey alone and sure could use some support too. If you or anyone else is interested in becoming friends send me an invite. Am off now to shower and get ready. Bye for now

Good luck to you @@ssflbelle! I can be your buddy however I don't know how to send an invite on here ...

Hi,

Follow your Dr recommendation step by step, go gimn at less 5 days a week, eat well

and send the scale to the HELL

:D :D :D

I have had a stall for about two weeks now. I am only 5 weeks post op. My calorie range is between 650-850 each day. I am walking at least 30 min a day and I am not sure why there is no change. The only thing i can think of is that i am constipated. Any suggestions as to what i can do.? I am worried that my sleeve is not working or that i am doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have had a stall for about two weeks now. I am only 5 weeks post op. My calorie range is between 650-850 each day. I am walking at least 30 min a day and I am not sure why there is no change. The only thing i can think of is that i am constipated. Any suggestions as to what i can do.? I am worried that my sleeve is not working or that i am doing something wrong.

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. We all stall periodically and almost everyone stalls about three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program.

Focus on getting in all of your Protein and fluids.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as instructed.

Exercise when cleared.

And, Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Thank you for this information! The link was great. I will keep all of these tips in mind as I wait and embrace the stalls to come throughout my journey. ????

Great!

All that said, Constipation is also common early out. Making sure you get in your Water will help. You may also want to talk to your surgeon's office or PCP for suggestions. Mine suggested generic Miralax (I can't remember the name off the top of my head). If you take it just make sure you drink lots of Water.< /p>

I've hit a big stall again too..

I'm 13 months post-op and about 230 down...

I still have about 100 to go so I'm really not ready to steal for too long...

I'm hoping that it's due to me upping the exercise but not adjust ing the 'diet' to match, thus putting in what is effectively 'starvation mode'...

With a bit of luck, the changes I'm about to implement with my daily intake will kick things off again soon and I can continue on down to 'sky-diving' weight...

Stupid predictive text, know-it-all Samsung piece of arse!!!

'Steal' should say 'stall'..

I'm more than ready to steal...

But not to stall...

I could scream. I am tied with weight for my husband. ALL I WANT IN LIFE right now is to weigh LESS than the darn man. if I could have just stalled a couple of pounds lower, it would be so much easier to take. grumble grumble.