Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG how in the hell do people drink this?!?

That stuff is horrible! Was given a sample bottle by my NUT and hated it. Sorry OK Pirate, but it was coconut. :(

Anyway, I took it home and told my family it was great just so they would take a sip and I could see their faces contorted from the flavor. So, not so good for taste, but was fun.

@@VSGAnn2014 maybe you could enjoy yours that way? Lol

OMG that's so funny! I had everyone in my house take a sip too! My husband actually likes it which proves as I always have suspected, that he has no sense of taste! lol 3 of my kids also barfed in the trash can like me and my teenager says she hates me now! I told her it was Hawaiian Punch! ???? the baby actually enjoyed it and wanted more when it was gone. I figure if all else fails, I can feed it to him! Thank god I just bought 2 sample bottles of each flavor from bariatric pantry so it wasn't a HUGE waste of money. I think I'm out somewhere around $12 total.

Yea I tried that stuff when I first had my surgery.....ugh so nasty. I tried cold, even tried frozen as a slushie.....it's just gross. The only one I can stomach is Premier and Muscle Milk but Muscle milk has too many calories.

...my kids also barfed in the trash can like me and my teenager says she hates me now! I told her it was Hawaiian Punch!

Hello, hello? Hawaiian Punch itself is a barf-fest.

agree, but teenagers don't have taste buds! ????

I don't mind Isopure at all and find that it gives me lots of energy. I've read all the rave reviews about Premier Protein and Syntrax nectar and have finally tried them both out. I just don't get it. They just aren't that great tasting to me and the aftertaste of Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Naval is putrid. The rotten orange smell of it lasts ALL DAY for me. There have been days when I burp up the stuff all day. It sometimes even feels like the smell is stuck in my nasal passages. Even on days when I don't drink it, it's still there.

Of course, I still finished my jug of it. I'm one of those that can't stand to let Protein powders go to waste even if the taste is below average. For now, I'll just stick to Isopure powders as long as I can afford it.

Ok. I drank the small 8 oz fruit punch in the hospital. That and chicken broth was really the only thing I could get down. I didn't love it, but it was tolerable. I too have an entire shelf.

I liked the pre-op.. but Post-op? I felt the same way. Disgusting!

Syntrax is better. I can only drink the Isopure if I Water it down and then it still will take a couple days.

I have been sampling Protein Shakes lately, and getting a Protein mixing cup really makes them better. The shaker bottle doesn't come near the texture from the mixer. I got a promixx vortex, but I would think there are plenty of options - like a ninja or blender. I just dislike using the blender for 8 ounces of drink. Anyway, my point is Syntrax I found rather nasty before is pretty good now. The texture thing was more important than I thought. I used to like bubble tea but lumpy protein shakes are just wrong.

I have come to realize that I must be the only reason they still make those. I like them. A lot. Not love, but strongly adore would be true. The Alpine Punch and Apple Melon are the best. I much prefer those to a shake.

@@Sajijoma oh God I tried two flavors and I just couldn't do it. Those are not for me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• Krestel

Me: Hey Siri, Is it raining outside? (for my morning walks with the dogs)
      Siri: I don't think it's raining at the moment.
      Wet Dogs: Then why are we wet? This damn Siri person is more stupid than we are.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Billy Bob  »  lvidacovich

Drink Muscle Milk. lol  Gt 60 to 90 gm quality Protein & daily vitimins, good sleep, walking & resistant ( weight /bands/squats ) You absolutely build muscle. 
      · 0 replies
    • SabrinaGoddess

I received my nutrition book and checklist today! I am so very excited (and a tad bit scared too) Each day this is becoming a reality!
      I created a new blog post about how BRAVE we all are for doing this. Because I think we are! Most of us know the horrors of people calling us nasty names, saying we can't control ourselves, we are easy targets for people's verbal attacks! But I feel we are BRAVE because we are taking control over our lives and creating a new world of happiness.

· 0 replies
    • SabrinaGoddess

Today I scheduled my mental evaluation and my nutritionist appointments. Yes, we are moving along quiet nice.  December 9th will be here before you know it.
      I have informed my inner circle of family about the surgery and I will be keeping it in my CORE!

· 0 replies
    • drac2you

Well, it has been a while since I posted here, but my journey continues. As for breaking my stall, I was able to get down to 214 with the help of a friend via our Fitbit fitness trackers which has made me ecstatic! Since that has happened I was fortunate enough to have my insurance company approve a panniculectomy to remove the panniculus (THIS is the correct term, NOT pannus, see this reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/panniculus) that has been deviling me for years, even before I had bariatric surgery. It was to the point that it was hanging down far enough to cover my pubic area, covered half my thighs when I would sit, and also drooped between my legs which I could hardly manage to keep together when sitting. For any males that may read this, for a woman that is pretty uncivilized, not to mention, unladylike especially when wearing a dress or skirt - just looks slovenly to say the least. Despite the numerous skin issues I had the last couple of years, my health insurance insisted the procedure was cosmetic... 🤐 . I would guess no one that is saying so has been in the bariatric patient's shoes. The damn thing was just getting to be a self-esteem killer in addition to a medical nuisance requiring many visits to my primary care physician, and interfering with my mobility. Now, I realize there are folks with more egregious panniculus sag issues, but the fact that it interferes with mobility is an important consideration.
      One thing I have to say is that this surgery is drastically different from any other I've had. Things occur that are deemed routine, expected even, after a panniculectomy that would be downright unacceptable after any other procedure. This plastic surgery experience is definitely a learning experience that is still unfolding as I key this entry. For one thing, the swelling is a story all it's own, I had no clue my abdomen could get so large, so quickly, without causing my skin to just split open - it's crazy! So far, I'm pleased to have been able to get this procedure despite may be perceived as drawbacks, just to get the pendulous adipose tissue demon off of my person. Here are a few links to information about this procedure for anyone considering it in the future:
      https://www.yourbariatricsurgeryguide.com/panniculectomy/ https://www.healthline.com/health/panniculectomy https://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/tummy-tuck/panniculectomy/ https://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/panniculectomy/safety https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK499822/ I hope you find this information helpful. I will provide updates periodically on my progress of this surgical recovery. Have a wonderful day! 
      · 2 replies
      1. Panda333

Thank you and good luck to you!

2. SabrinaGoddess

WOW, thank you for sharing all this with us!

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs