Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

JESSIEL55

You'll not be sorry you choose Dr.G. You have plenty of time to prepare. I was wondering if I made a mistake by having mine done before the holidays. But, Not. I won't be able to eat a monster meal anyway. January is so perfect. You'll be able to make your New Years resolution AND KEEP IT!!!!!

Every year I make one to lose weight and inevidably I don't keep it. This year I will be able to keep it.

Thank you for your honesty and your kind words, you know when I first started to look in to the Lap band was almost a year ago and since then I have gained almost 20 pounds, I'm waiting until January because I know I will need time off to learn to understand my body and mind, I need time to prepare since I know this is a lifetime commitment they say the surgery is the easy part and i'ts up to us to make this a success or a failure , I don't want to die any time soon or have any of the other sickness related to obesity and be a burden to my family I was not raised to be dependent, but I got to the point where I need this extra little help to loose the weight and I look at this (lap band) as a gift for my family and me.

And congratulations on taking this big step!!!!! :nervous

I posted earlier about hoping Dr. V. could find me a fill doc locally. Just wanted to let everyone know that he did. He e-mailed me back by the next day with a name. I have an appoinment set for Nov. 8. They have been so good to me and have helped out with so many things. I really can't imagine getting that kind of treatment here in the States.

Mandy

That's wonderful ,congratulations !!!! I've been reading many other threads and that is one of the most common complaint...no after care and that for me is scary to even think about, that's why I'm asking around and doing all this research,although that does NOT seem to be the problem with Dr. V (Is he the same doctor I spoke with on the phone, Dr. Valenzuela?) he was very nice and assured me that they will be there for me when ever I need them.

NMS

My biggest problem is bread, specially late at night when I'm not able to sleep I'll just go straight to the kitchen it just makes me feel good even if I'm not hungry, hopefully with the lap band I won't be able to stuff my face:speechles

jessie

Dr. Valenzuela is Dr. V. He will also be part of the surgery team.

You won't be able to eat bread for a while after you get the band. You'll still wake up with the emotional desire (if that is why you eat late at night). I have the same thing. sugar free popcycles are great for that. If you need something more substantial then perhaps fat free yogurt. I've used diet instant pudding but find myself eating the whole thing (4 servings) and that's not good. Diet Jello would be good.

Has anyone heard from Lap Bandit (Shelia)

Havent seen much of her since she got banded.I wanted to see how she was doing.Last I heard she had the allergic reaction.

Just was concerned on how she was.

jennypoo

Lap Bandit is doing good. Had lots of problems with the allergic reaction but is gone. Right now is looking for a fill doc back east. So many of them won't fill bands done in MX.

I have a plane ticket to San Diego and will get a fill with Dr. G next Friday. It's the only way i know to go right now. I have to drive over 150 miles to get to airport, then fly to SD. I think my ticket is cheaper than a fill doc in USA and I'd have to drive 150 miles at least to one here.

jennypoo

Lap Bandit is doing good. Had lots of problems with the allergic reaction but is gone. Right now is looking for a fill doc back east. So many of them won't fill bands done in MX.

I have a plane ticket to San Diego and will get a fill with Dr. G next Friday. It's the only way i know to go right now. I have to drive over 150 miles to get to airport, then fly to SD. I think my ticket is cheaper than a fill doc in USA and I'd have to drive 150 miles at least to one here.

Thats good Im glad shes doing good.!!!!

Good for you Mandy! I got the same response from doctor Gonzalez when my sister in law needed a fill doctor. She was having a lot of trouble and Dr. G's staff found her one in only a couple of days.

Jessiel you will not have a problem with aftercare, dr G and his team are great and always there for you after your surgery not just before your surgery.

NM sunshine its good to hear Lap Bandit is doing better.

Hi All

My fill date is the 25th, this Thursday. I fly to San Diego from Phoenix. I'm driving 300 miles to Phoenix tomarrow so as to catch the early plane on THurs.

As for what is going on with the California fires, I am not sure what to do. To drive 300 miles and find that the airport in San Diego is closed would be a bit of hell. So sorry for those poor people who are losing their homes to the fire.

NM sunshine, how long were you in pain after surgery? How tough was your flight home? I'm not good with PAIN!!! My pain tolerance is VERY low. Did you go home with pain killers from dr. Gonzalez? Was recovery very painful?

jessie

There wasn't hardly any pain beyond gas pains. The tough part of the flight home was finding a bottle of Water. Plan on not carrying any luggage. Use one of those pull alongs. If your walk is long, stop and rest a minute.

Yes Dr. G gave me pain killers but I only took a couple as my pain wasn't much. I did sleep a lot. If I ate too much or too fast I'd get terrible stomach pains.

I felt a little gas pain on the way back and also got really good pain meds which I bought before coming back and an antibiotic. I had a very good experience jessiel so have many others I've spoken with. I am confident to recommend Dr. Gonzalez and his fellow doctors and staff, they are a fine professional and caring team. I am into my fourth week and looking forward to my solid food! My weight loss has been 18 pounds.

I am so glad I found this thread! Dr G is banding me next Wed and I'm getting very anxious. Reading makes me feel more secure since I'm going this alone. Anyone else getting their's the same day?

Has anyone taken their car across the border? I'm wondering if it might be easier since I'm driving down from the Inland Empire. If not, where did y'all park? The only place I can think of is the airport. Any suggestions?

TIA

Judy