Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

I just got the news, got my financing and got my calendar all set!!!!! September 29th 2007 is my date with destiny!!!!!!!I'm destined to be thin!!!!!!

Hey Gabe ol buddy, you out there? I'm gonna need some tips and tricks and some serious support. You just went through it and I would like you to give me an update man. Are you losing those pounds like in the commercials???

Mildredmach: Heres the information on Doctor Gonzalez, just spoke with him yesterday: 877-249-2263 is the phone, Lap Band Surgery, more than 2,500 successful procedures. is his site. I began researching a while back and Dr. G is the best doc for me. Like everyone says, they are always there, they are prompt, super clean track record, fanfrikentastic follow-up. They seem to be the best choice for me. My only regret: having to cut down on the ol brewskis, but hey! uuhhgg!

Get back to me Gabe! Check with you all later.

I too am getting surgery on the same date as you Bakerman. I am trying hard to convince myself that everything will be alright but it is hard. Reading this forum has helped me so much. I haven't paid any money yet, I heard about the $500 retainer but they didn't ask me for it. I spoke with Laura to schedule but I hung up and forgot to ask how to pay. Do they ask you for the money or are you supposed to tell them? It was a little odd for me. Once you schedule do you pay? What if I don't pay will I lose my place? They never really talk about money, do they? I'll just call her back.

maddy1969

You pay with a credit card or a debit card unless you are getting a loan for the surgery. I don't think you pay until the day you arrive there. I will be flying in this monday (2 days from now) and haven't paid nor have they asked me to.

Congrats on setting your date bakerman and good luck:clap2: I am going down to have mine done on Sept. 14. Good luck with less beer. My husband has me doing a personal challenge to do the pre diet from Sept. 1 to my date and the longer you do it the less you want I just try to stay busy. Plus the ten pounds I have lost helps. Good Luck

I am new here but I’ve been doing some research about the lap band procedure for some time now. After spending hours on the internet and on the phone, I finally narrowed it down to ( Ortiz, Aceves, Rambaut,) they all seem to be on the $ 7800 - 8500 range without airfare, but then I heard about Dr. Gonzales and at first I was very impressed of what former patients were saying about him. But some things he is claiming seem exaggerated so I decided to investigate more before I make my decision. Ok so i called INAMED and Dr. Gonzales inamed certification checked pretty good, but..... I remembered that Dr. Gonzales is stating that he has done more than 2500 lap band procedures. HHHHHMMMMMM.... I found out that that is not true; don’t take my word for it call INAMED. Ok so that was a turn off, also surgery is performed in a clinic not a hospital, recuperations at a hotel?? That is scary. So I found out more stuff about his services but I wont say more, I got nothing personal against him I am pretty sure he is a good doctor he just likes to lie sometimes I guess. Please do your research and ask for full data base of former patients or see if they have a support group with a decent quantity of former active patients. I found out that Dr. Gonzales is just making this numbers up. I have received full data base of former patients from just a couple of other doctors I am interested in, I feel more comfortable now. Now what is this 3% erosion rate Dr. Gonzales is claiming.. What the hell? :guess its to high… INAMED’s web site has a much lower US percentages of erosions. And last but not least! Dr. Gonzales is claiming he can cure erosions with acid reflux meds OH MY GOD!!!! This is just too much but please don’t take my word for it that would be just stupid, CALL and ask INAMED about the number of devices he is purchasing a month and do the math. Also learn about EROSION, I was so stunned by Dr. Gonzales’ miracle cure that I decided to come forward on this.

May the blessings be.

Dr. Gonzales 2500 lap band procedures ? 3% = 70 erosions ( dammmmn )

Keep in mind that he has not done 2500 surgeries.

Keep in mind that some not so serious doctors will claim whatever just to get some business.

Food4less:hungry:

Note:

The research I have done in Mexican doctors, shows that complications seem to be lower than what INAMED's web site is saying about US statistics.

This is what inamed’s web site is saying about the erosion complication:

Patients can experience complications after surgery. Most complications are not serious but some may require hospitalization and/or re-operation. In the United States clinical study, with 3-year follow-up reported, 88% of the 299 patients had one or more adverse events, ranging from mild, moderate, to severe. Nausea and vomiting (51%), gastroesophageal reflux (regurgitation) (34%), band slippage/pouch dilatation (24%) and stoma obstruction (stomach-band outlet blockage) (14%) were the most common post-operative complications. In the study, 25% of the patients had their band systems removed, two-thirds of which were following adverse events. Esophageal dilatation or dysmotility (poor esophageal function) occurred in 11% of patients, the long-term effects of which are currently unknown. Constipation, diarrhea and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) occurred in 9% of the patients. In 9% of the patients, a second surgery was needed to fix a problem with the band or initial surgery. In 9% of the patients, there was an additional procedure to fix a leaking or twisted access port. The access port design has been improved. Four out of 299 patients (1.3%) had their bands erode into their stomachs. These bands needed to be removed in a second operation.

Surgical techniques have evolved to reduce slippage. Surgeons with more laparoscopic experience and more experience with these procedures report fewer complications.

Food4less,

There are other types of lapbands. Perhaps Dr. Gonzales used them, especially before INAMED . I remember reading about other types of bands, some that the Swiss were making. What was the number INAMED gave you?

Doctors in Mexico and Europe were doing this surgery a good 10 years before the FDA approved it here (in 2001). I think that is the same time that the INAMED band came out.

I am to be banded next Tue. by Dr G. and I will be in the hospital. It's Hospital Angeles. It's 2 years old and is equiped with everything, incuding a state of the art ICU unit.

The surgery center is for younger people without co-morbitities. The cost is 7,500 at the surgery center and 8,500 at the hospital.

Those going to the surgery center can stay there the whole time if they choose to.

I thought the other doctors in TJ were also doing surgery through the surgery clinic.

I will check on those erosion and complication figures

I am new here but I’ve been doing some research about the lap band procedure for some time now. After spending hours on the internet and on the phone, I finally narrowed it down to ( Ortiz, Aceves, Rambaut,) they all seem to be on the $ 7800 - 8500 range without airfare, but then I heard about Dr. Gonzales and at first I was very impressed of what former patients were saying about him and he also has a good price. But some things he is claiming seem exaggerated so I decided to investigate more before I make my decision. Ok so i called INAMED and Dr. Gonzales inamed certification checked pretty good, but..... I remembered that Dr. Gonzales is stating that he has done more than 2500 lap band procedures. HHHHHMMMMMM.... I found out that that is not true; don’t take my word for it call INAMED. Ok so that was a turn off, also surgery is performed in a clinic not a hospital, recuperations at a hotel?? That is scary. So I found out more stuff about his services but I wont say more, I got nothing personal against him I am pretty sure he is a good doctor he just likes to lie sometimes I guess. Please do your research and ask for full data base of former patients or see if they have a support group with a decent quantity of former active patients. I found out that Dr. Gonzales is just making this numbers up. I have received full data base of former patients from just a couple of other doctors I am interested in, I feel more comfortable now. Now what is this 3% erosion rate Dr. Gonzales is claiming.. What the hell? its to high… INAMED’s web site has a much lower US percentages of erosions. And last but not least! Dr. Gonzales is claiming he can cure erosions with acid reflux meds OH MY GOD!!!! This is just too much but please don’t take my word for it that would be just stupid, CALL and ask INAMED about the number of devices he is purchasing a month and do the math. Also learn about EROSION, I was so stunned by Dr. Gonzales’ miracle cure that I decided to come forward on this.

May the blessings be.

Dr. Gonzales 2500 lap band procedures ? 3% = 75 erosions ( dammmmn )

Keep in mind that some not so serious doctors will claim whatever just to get some business.

Food4less

Note:

The research I have done in Mexican doctors, shows that complications seem to be lower than what INAMED's web site is saying about US statistics.

Patients can experience complications after surgery. Most complications are not serious but some may require hospitalization and/or re-operation. In the United States clinical study, with 3-year follow-up reported, 88% of the 299 patients had one or more adverse events, ranging from mild, moderate, to severe. Nausea and vomiting (51%), gastroesophageal reflux (regurgitation) (34%), band slippage/pouch dilatation (24%) and stoma obstruction (stomach-band outlet blockage) (14%) were the most common post-operative complications. In the study, 25% of the patients had their band systems removed, two-thirds of which were following adverse events. Esophageal dilatation or dysmotility (poor esophageal function) occurred in 11% of patients, the long-term effects of which are currently unknown. Constipation, diarrhea and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) occurred in 9% of the patients. In 9% of the patients, a second surgery was needed to fix a problem with the band or initial surgery. In 9% of the patients, there was an additional procedure to fix a leaking or twisted access port. The access port design has been improved. Four out of 299 patients (1.3%) had their bands erode into their stomachs. These bands needed to be removed in a second operation.

Surgical techniques have evolved to reduce slippage. Surgeons with more laparoscopic experience and more experience with these procedures report fewer complications.

I am new here but I’ve been doing some research about the lap band procedure for some time now. After spending hours on the internet and on the phone, I finally narrowed it down to ( Ortiz, Aceves, Rambaut,) they all seem to be on the $ 7800 - 8500 range without airfare, but then I heard about Dr. Gonzales and at first I was very impressed of what former patients were saying about him and he also has a good price. But some things he is claiming seem exaggerated so I decided to investigate more before I make my decision. Ok so i called INAMED and Dr. Gonzales inamed certification checked pretty good, but..... I remembered that Dr. Gonzales is stating that he has done more than 2500 lap band procedures. HHHHHMMMMMM.... I found out that that is not true; don’t take my word for it call INAMED. Ok so that was a turn off, also surgery is performed in a clinic not a hospital, recuperations at a hotel?? That is scary. So I found out more stuff about his services but I wont say more, I got nothing personal against him I am pretty sure he is a good doctor he just likes to lie sometimes I guess. Please do your research and ask for full data base of former patients or see if they have a support group with a decent quantity of former active patients. I found out that Dr. Gonzales is just making this numbers up. I have received full data base of former patients from just a couple of other doctors I am interested in, I feel more comfortable now. Now what is this 3% erosion rate Dr. Gonzales is claiming.. What the hell? its to high… INAMED’s web site has a much lower US percentages of erosions. And last but not least! Dr. Gonzales is claiming he can cure erosions with acid reflux meds OH MY GOD!!!! This is just too much but please don’t take my word for it that would be just stupid, CALL and ask INAMED about the number of devices he is purchasing a month and do the math. Also learn about EROSION, I was so stunned by Dr. Gonzales’ miracle cure that I decided to come forward on this.

May the blessings be.

Dr. Gonzales 2500 lap band procedures? 3% = 70 erosions ( dammmmn )

Food4less

Note:

You are roaring at the gate aren't you! Your very first post on this forum and it is a four paragraph rant against doctor G.......wow.....your second post on this forum...a duplicate of the first one....my,my,my, with all kinds of statistics and everything! aren't we the studied one! This has got to be waaay out of the ordinary, a newbie spewing science on her very first post. I wonder.... What ever happened to: Hi everyone, can you give me advice on the lap band, you all seem like very nice people and its my very first time posting... No sir, a senseless rant, oh, and in duplicate, just in case and for double measure. Move over Michael Richards, here comes food4less. I think you may need a forum of a different specialty (?!?) before lapbandtalk.com Just how can we take you seriously, please..........wow!

Food4less,

There are other types of lapbands. Perhaps Dr. Gonzales used them, especially before INAMED . I remember reading about other types of bands, some that the Swiss were making. What was the number INAMED gave you?

Doctors in Mexico and Europe were doing this surgery a good 10 years before the FDA approved it here (in 2001). I think that is the same time that the INAMED band came out.

I am to be banded next Tue. by Dr G. and I will be in the hospital. It's Hospital Angeles. It's 2 years old and is equiped with everything, incuding a state of the art ICU unit.

The surgery center is for younger people without co-morbitities. The cost is 7,500 at the surgery center and 8,500 at the hospital.

Those going to the surgery center can stay there the whole time if they choose to.

I thought the other doctors in TJ were also doing surgery through the surgery clinic.

I will check on those erosion and complication figures

Oh my, the same post in quadruplicate, well now we all know that you do know how to post. My, my, foodforless, who was it that hurt you so bad?

Foodforless has me worried, I hope he is not alone at home, because he does seem a little disturbed, poor thing! I'm very worried. Please calm down food4less, please. Four copies of the same post, and you are right B A he did kind of remind me of Michael Richards going berzerk on stage that one time. I hope he's ok. Anyhow, I read you were having problems with your diet and have not lost that much weight sunshine, that's ok. I had a friend go thru the same and had a hard time but then got the hang of it, sort of like me!!!