Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

getting tired of this stuff need new ideas puree stage

Hello

I have been on puree for 2 weeks. although I dont if what I was doing was really pureed ? Like I would make crab salad, with mayo hot sauce salt and pepper but i would just chew chew chew cuz it was already soft. or chicken blended with gravy or BBQ Sauce but it never looked like baby food. I made a chicken salad but the veggies didnt really blend. I bought the ouree baby blender $20 but like I said it dont puree it so it looked like baby food and was a little thick. but the doctor said "and your doing fine. its sitting well" and I said yes and she said you will be fine( i was freaking out a little because not pureed like it should) but i also see on here some people had moist food at 4 weeks? but I want to continue this last week but I am tired and my taste buds dont like anything seems like. I love chicken so anything I could do with that... also I bought a smart one chicken and mashed potatos I will try that later for dinner. I am looking for high Protein because I dont think I am getting enough.

Next week start moist foods and looking for recipes on a buget anything I can mash with a fork

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

If you are looking for high Protein, stay away from things like mashed potatoes. Carb city!

I would take meat and puree it with a sauce I liked, then heat it up in the microwave, sometimes with a little cheese on top. I mostly used the packets of tuna and salmon as well as canned turkey and chicken and ground beef. Do some shopping for what appeals to you (but stay away from crap like processed, frozen meals and carby stuff like noodles, rice, and potatoes IMO). Here are combos that I liked -- but what is important is what you like. Good luck!

chicken breast + BBQ Sauce + cheddar cheese

turkey breast + peanut satay sauce + jack cheese

sardines + red curry + swiss cheese

chicken breast + marinara sauce + mozzarella cheese

ground beef + chipotle mayo

lemon dill salmon + remoulade

shrimp + buffalo sauce + bleu cheese

ground bison + Sriracha ketchup + pepper jack cheese

Maybe your little gadget would make thinsg more like puree if you added a little more liquid. Good luck with your last week.

I dont eat a lot of carbs if any, My NUT want us to have 3 TBLS of Protein and 1 TBLS of Veggies, starch( carbs) and fruit. and thats a little to much for me to eat

I have had chicken speggti sauce and cheese thats good

whats peanut satay sauce, remoulade?

and when you puree this stuff is it still kinda thick???

I enjoyed some baby foods at that stage. Also, Pinterest has a lot of ideas. One day at a time - you'll get there :-)

I bought Chili from the deli section of my supermarket, added a bit of beef broth and put it in the blender. Was fantastic and had a good amount of Protein and Fiber, with the beef and the Beans.< /p>

whats peanut satay sauce,

It is a thick peanut sauce, used a lot in Thai food. I buy little jars of it at Trader Joe's.

remoulade?

it is a sauce kind of like tartar sauce, but stronger flavored. It's really good with seafood. Here is a recipe:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/06/sauced-louisiana-remoulade-recipe.html

and when you puree this stuff is it still kinda thick???

You can make it as thick or thin as you want, it just depends on how much sauce you use and how long you run the food processor for.

I'd buy the big bags of frozen fish (Swai, Talapia) and bake them with a lemon butter sauce, or a light mayo/spices blend (corriander, blackening seasoning, lemon juice, then a smear of light mayo across the top).

Baked fish was super easy to fix, was VERY high in Protein and low in fat/carbs and is very mushy and was one of the first foods I could eat well right after surgery.

Would do frozen shrimp too, just chopped it up well, or chewed really well. I loved doing it with a hot sauce/pico garnish. Also could make a modified shrimp scampi - butter/garlic and red pepper with a dash of salt and pepper.

Refried Beans with a bit of light sour cream and shredded cheese. Heavenly. It was my go-to easy snack that is packed with Protein.< /p>

I loved chicken salad in the soft/mushie/puree stage. Canned chicken breast, some fat-free Ranch, and a little relish. Mash up with a fork. Super easy, tasty, filling, and easy on the tummy. High Protein too.

Others favorites: Refried Beans with some grated sharp cheddar and salsa.

Ground turkey with a little spaghetti sauce (no pasta),

Ricotta cheese with marinara,

Tilapia seasoned with a little lemon pepper,

Cottage cheese with a teaspoon of sugar-free orange Marmalade and some Stevia,

Cottage cheese with Salsa,

tuna salad,

soft Scrambled egg with cheese or salsa,

Ground turkey with taco seasoning, topped with cheese and salsa

You should try eating Beans as your carbs. Potatoes have no nutritional value whatsoever. You're getting so few calories, you want every calorie to be chock full of nutrients. This will help in your weight loss and will have you feeling less weak.

I lived on cottage cheese, Protein shakes, mashed carrots, Greek yogurt and creamed Soup during the puréed stage. I just gagged on puréed meats and eggs.

I will say that once I hit the soft food stage, chicken breast and fish were my two best friends. Here are some things that went very well for me:

chicken breast with fat free gravy

Chicken breast with marinara, mushrooms and green pepper

Chicken breast with healthy request cream of mushroom Soup

Chicken breast shredded with taco seasoning

Salmon

Orange roughy with lemon butter sauce

I always made double vegetables and stopped making all starches. This is what I cooked a and my family ate it too. I maybe made mashed potatoes once a week for my family and a sweet potatoe for me.

Cauliflower was the vegetable that I used to replace potatoes or rice.

I used the 2/1 method for ensuring a balanced meal. 2 bites of Protein for every 1 bite of vegetables (healthy carbs).

I did not really eat any bad carbs until I was probably 8 months post op and then only very occasionally. When I say bad carbs I am talking about crackers, a bite of dessert, that sort of thing. I cannot eat much so what I do eat I make sure that I get my protein in.

For a snack I will usually have beef jerkey, nuts, Apple with Peanut Butter. If I want something sweet and icy, I will have some dole, dark chocolate covered bananas or strawberries. They come 4 slices in each pack, the strawberries are 60 calories with 6 grams of carb, the bananas are 100 calories with 12 grams of carbs. They take care of my need for something icy and sweet.

I have also found that simply having a cup of skim milk also curbs my appetite when I am between meals.

@@FrankiesGirl - that has been my main staple while on pureed foods is flaky fish. I also eat canned chicken with light mayo. Also Peanut Butter.< /p>