Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't pooped yet is this normal??? I feel like I need to haven't gone in a week

@@deevancliff

That is normal. Took me over a week.

I haven't pooped yet is this normal??? I feel like I need to haven't gone in a week

Are you on a stool softener? I pooped on day 5 post op. Don't wait until you are backed up and uncomfortable. Start on a gentle stool softener and then work to gradually add some Fiber to your diet now. You want your body functioning normally ASAP.

Everything you are experiencing is very very normal. I cried for days after surgery. I didn't want anything to do with eating or drinking after surgery and ended my butt back in the hospital for 3 days for severe dehydration. So even though you don't want to, even though you would rather do ANYTHING else - sip, sip, sip. I downloaded an app on my phone that buzzed every 7 minutes to remind me to sip my Water so I wouldn't have to go back to the hospital. Please sip.

The reason you feel like this has a lot to do with the hormone dump you are experiencing. Your fat stores a lot of hormones and when you start to drastically lose it (such as in ketosis) those hormones are set free in your body and you go a little haywire :). It will eventually calm down and you will start to feel better. I wish someone would have let me know about this prior to surgery so I would have been better prepared, but such is life.

I am 7 weeks out and feel pretty good... almost 100% normal again. I am still a little tired and lack some motivation but other than that things are going well and they will for you too.

GERD - I experienced a lot of GERD after surgery. I had heartburn every night and was miserable for about 2-3 weeks. I kept taking my meds for it and occasionally a tums and now it doesn't bother me at all. I also had it pre surgery so it took a while for my body to catch up and not make as much acid in my stomach as before. If it doesn't go away let your doc know so he can prescribe something a little stronger for you.

Good Luck - Hang in there, it does get better.

Anyone have trouble swallowing, pressure n chest, feeling food is backed up into your esophogus? I am

3 days post=operative and feeling miserable.

I assume when you say PPI that you are talking about acid reducer? I've taking OTC Pepcid twice a day.

I assume when you say PPI that you are talking about acid reducer? I've taking OTC Pepcid twice a day.

Call your doctor. You may need a prescription strength PPI. Take note of when this feeling occurs and time your meds 2 -3 hour prior to that time. This sometimes helps as well.

@anna9/15 Anna, are you still in the hospital? What's going on?

I know this is an aged topic, but I thought proselec and nexium were the main PPI drugs.

From what I gather there's a host of PPI's that can be used. I think omeprazole is the one most frequently recommended and prescribed by doctors

@anna9/15 Anna, are you still in the hospital? What's going on?

I am home now..and my anxiety is thru the roof..im having a rough time...

@@anna9/15 what are you anxious about?

@@anna9/15 Have you been to a psychologist or anything? I am having a bad time also... anxiety.. regret... and other things... You are not alone.

@@Fame and @@anna9/15 I am 3 weeks 2 days post surgery and have had a couple of meltdowns and a little bit of regret but have focused more on staying busy and trying not to think of the harder parts of this surgery and post surgery or I would not be doing well mentally. My focus has been one day at a time and doing what I need to today and today only. This is very hard for me as I am a natural planner and like to look ahead and plan what is coming up. I did go shopping today and purchased a few clothes to fit into in the next couple of months because I will be traveling to Europe for work in 4 weeks and am worried about not having what I need clothes-wise for that trip as my clothes are starting not to fit. That ended up being a boost for me because I was trying on X-Large instead of 2X and they were getting close to fitting. But I digress. I went into this surgery more for the health aspects than the clothing aspects, but it is nice to see the smaller size clothes working out too!

I am finding that watching t.v. with the food commercials or going shopping in the grocery store brings on the head cravings so I'm going to have to do something different (limited or no t.v, shopping on-line for food or sending the family, etc.) because it really makes me feel sorry for myself that I can no longer eat those things.

In my heart I know that I did the right thing having this surgery, but also know that there is still a long road ahead with many land mines and challenges and I need to be active in setting myself up for success in every way possible.

I am actively seeing a psychiatrist and ensuring my meds are in line with what I need to stay well mentally because I need to do that for me.

Good luck to you both and hoping things turn around for you soon.

@@anna9/15 what are you anxious about?

Eating and not keeping it down..im afraid of food

@@anna9/15 Have you been to a psychologist or anything? I am having a bad time also... anxiety.. regret... and other things... You are not alone.

Only for pre op