Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My wedding rings during surgery

That very rude comment towards @@proudgrammy was totally uncalled for and the very height of disrespect. There isn't a more supportive person on this forum than she.

@

And what, pray tell, is all this "incorrect information" @@proudgrammy posts? She had her personal source, and posted the info.

She's one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum, and I personally have found all her posts positive and very helpful throughout my journey.

I'm sorry, when was your surgery? Oh, last month. Well, you must be an expert on all things bariatric! I'm sure you know MUCH MORE than the veterans in these forums!

I have seen her comments on many posts and several times she has said things that are wrong. Or, she says things that were just her personal experience as if it is the hard truth for everyone. For example, when she said "no ifs ands or buts" about the rings. That may have been her experience but she shouldn't say it will be everyone's experience. That kind of statement is misleading, especially for newbies. Everyone's experience will be different.

Also, I never professed to be an expert so I'm not sure where that came from. Calm down.

She spoke from experience.

My experience has been the same: no jewelry allowed for surgery.

You simply were rude and derailed the thread to start with.

So I have pretty diamonds on my wedding ring but it looks weird without my engagement ring. I was thinking, given my profession and clientele, that I would wait and size out of these and get a nice wedding band. Thoughts?

post-262753-14443524397583_thumb.jpg

So I have pretty diamonds on my wedding ring but it looks weird without my engagement ring. I was thinking, given my profession and clientele, that I would wait and size out of these and get a nice wedding band. Thoughts?

You could always set them in a new setting all together. I have a couple of rings that I want to do that with. A jewelry store should have a designer or know one to direct you to.

Ooooooooooooooo very cool idea. You're a genius.

Hi! I haven't been able to take off my wedding rings in about 2 or 3 years. I have no problem with feeling in my finger, but sometimes it does give me a panicky feeling.

Anyway, I was told I can't wear jewelry during surgery, and it didn't even occur to me about my wedding rings. I'll be asking the surgeon about it, but does anyone have any insight before then? Is the no jewelry policy just for security sake?

On another note, I can't WAIT to be able to take them on and off!!!

This has ALWAYS worked for me. Couldn't get my class ring off when I had an allergic reaction and my hand swelled up. Try this out.

Hi! I haven't been able to take off my wedding rings in about 2 or 3 years. I have no problem with feeling in my finger, but sometimes it does give me a panicky feeling.

Anyway, I was told I can't wear jewelry during surgery, and it didn't even occur to me about my wedding rings. I'll be asking the surgeon about it, but does anyone have any insight before then? Is the no jewelry policy just for security sake?

On another note, I can't WAIT to be able to take them on and off!!!

This has ALWAYS worked for me. Couldn't get my class ring off when I had an allergic reaction and my hand swelled up. Try this out.

It's didn't work for me :( I ended up having to get them cut off before surgery. But I needed to have them resized anyway 6 months after. Now they need resized again! My poor rings!

cut off before surgery. resized- 6 months after. they need resized again! My poor rings!

@@Babbs

Wow you had to cut rings off fingers???

i didn't know they did that??? ;)

ok, i'll stop about cutting rings off!!

don't want to cause any trouble

no more sarcasm :rolleyes:

i think some people wear ring guards

i did for a very short time

the guard was sharp/too tight at my fingers so i stopped

it actually hurt me

i think i was about 50 lbs down

wedding ring was "falling off" (not really, but close)

got resized

had to resize again when i had lost all my weight

then jeweler made them too tight

redid, and now they finally fit like a glove :rolleyes:

kathy