Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessed with me.

My family, mainly my mom and ex-husband, have been commenting that I'm obsessed with my weight loss. They say it's all I ever talk about or think about and they think I should move on.

Well, it's been 9 months since my first surgery. And before that I spent 6 years being fat and hating myself. I didn't take care of myself, I couldn't wear nice clothes or heels, men looked right past me, women felt sorry for me. I was told by my mom and my ex what a mess I was and how sad it was I'd let myself go on a repeated basis. I was basically living in despair.

I wake up everyday now and feel like I've won the lottery. I love having my picture taken, buying and wearing the latest fashions, doing my hair and makeup. I love looking at myself in the mirror and basically I'm just floating around in cloud nine to be given this second chance at life!!

Don't you think, at only nine months out, and only a couple months of goal weight, I should be allowed to feel great and proclaim it from the rooftops for awhile?

My friends don't say I'm obsessed with myself or my weight loss. They Celebrate it with me!

It is just like when people find Jesus or decided to embrace their naturally curly hair. They are all excited about it and no one else cares. If you knew someone that went on and on about themselves and you just weren't that interested would you want to hear it?

It is great to be excited and happy about how you look, but keep it to yourself or find new friends with similar outlooks.

You can't expect everyone around you to care about the same things that you do or be interested in them at the same level you are.

There's nothing wrong with being excited about the new you. I had my first plastics procedure a year ago and just today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in my house and thought, hello there look at that fabulous flat stomach. I too enjoy wearing nice clothes again and not being ignored by the public. I think as time goes by this will be more of a normal feeling for you and you may not be so excited by it.

Most of my friends have things they are passionate about and these things tend to vary. One day it's baseball for a kid, the next day it's camping, a few weeks later, omg someone is starting ballet as an adult...we have friends because in exchange for them getting to blab about the things they are excited about, they listen to us as well. RIght now I'm studying for the LSAT and it is largely all I talk about. My friends encourage me, probably roll their eyes a bit when I'm not looking, and likely think...omg, she needs to stop talking about that...but bottom line, they encourage me. If your family and your friends cannot appreciate your excitement, then to hell with them. It was never about them anyway. Enjoy life in whatever fashion you choose and if someone else cannot enjoy the ride with you, then that is their lost.

Hi,

Does your mom have a weight problem? Could she be jealous? Also who cares if you EX thinks you talk to much about your weight loss, he's your EX for a reason right?!

I agree with Avafern. I think there is all stuff we are excited about and that some of our family and friends may not be. That doesn't mean they shouldn't support you :)

And yeah you SHOULD be excited....9 months out and looking good. If you care about what your Mom and Ex think, just don't talk to them about it as much. Get your support from your friends.

Don't let anyone steal your joy! You deserve to be happy. Keep on pushing.

You ride that euphoria cloud as long and as hard as you can. You deserve it!

Haha! Thanks everyone. Your so right.

Remember the journey is yours the struggle was yours. No one else knows what u went through then nor what you're going through now. So they don't want to hear about it all the time. It's like when one of my friends has a new baby and every time the baby farts or burps or giggles there has to be a new post on Facebook. I don't have kids so I don't care. Everything that you're talking about is your internal journey and they may not get it. But don't let it make you feel any less fabulous about yourself

also they are probably jealous. you've done something good for you and you're gorgeous and healthy

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

@@bellabloom

In the humble opinion of this recovering fat bastard, I reckon you should just keep on doing whatever it is you want to do..

Haters are gonna hate. Let 'em do so.

If you're happy (and by the look of your pic I'd say you're happy!!) with where you're at then **** the rest of 'em...

I say just keep on celebrating your good self...

You've earned it!!!

Kinda...

When you weren't 'obsessed' with loss you were probably totally preoccupied by how uncomfortable it was being overweight - appearances, not being able to lose, etc. or in other words - obsessed with your weight.

Enjoy you and other will enjoy you. It's important from a maintenance perspective that you pay attention to what you eat & drink and now that you are feeling better about yourself embrace it. Maybe your family will come around, if they don't it's their problem. You've already found a solution.

They talked about you when you were overweight now they're talking when your not you can't satisfy everyone nor should you try;as long as you love what you see looking back at you in the mirror that's what matters you deserve to be celebrated I'm a year and a half out and still celebrating and will continue to do so?!! Why?? Because I deserve it I worked hard to get where I'm at and no one is gonna still my joy!! Pray about EVERYTHING and worry about NOTHING!!!