Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Year Surgiversary & 150 Pounds Gone! (With pics)

At two years out, do you still think about your weight a lot? Are you at goal? Have you gained any back?

I'm about to enter maintainence and it really freaks me out. Could you tell me a bit about what life is like for you now in terms of weight/food?

Unfortunately I do think about weight a lot. I struggle with an eating disorder and am in therapy every single week to beat it, so yes, my struggle with food is still a daily battle. I think that was one of the only disappointing things to me about surgery.....to get to goal and realize that you are still the same person with the same struggles as you were on day one. That is frustrating, but I know that it will get better if I keep working on it.

As for what life is like, I've been "maintaining" for about 5 1/2 months now. I do fluctuate within a couple pounds, but I think that is normal. As for gaining weight back, my absolute lowest weight was 123 and I'm up about 5 pounds from that right now. But it was after my TT and I wasn't really eating anything, so it wasn't a "true loss" if you know what I mean. Plus I think looking back I looked a bit too thin at 123. I'm more comfortable maintaining for the long run around 129-130. Could I get back down to 123? Absolutely, but it would be through strict calorie/carb/protein counting and that is kind of counter intuitive to trying to beat an eating disorder. Sooooo yeah. I am trying to find balance. :-)

Good luck to you. You look amazing!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches