Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont judge me I need some guidance

Picked up a few bad habits im 5months out and im able to tolerate a few no nos snack size sneakers and Pringles it's weird I'm not able to tolerate lettuce and some healthy choices like chicken breast and ground turkey but I get hungry so fast any suggestions people plz , and thank you

I would suggest increasing your Protein. When I drink my Protein shake or eat a Protein Bar, it keeps me full for longer. When I don't do those things, I am more hungry during the day.

Also, try more lean meats and cheeses too. Good Protein will keep you fuller longer!

It's all about planning and position. You need to have the healthy stuff handy (at least things you can tolerate) and the not healthy things not handy. I know with my "knower" that if I kept ice cream in the house, I would eat nothing else until the ice cream was gone. You have to set yourself up for success because no one else is going to do it for you. Another thing that helps me is to consider the kitchen to be closed after dinner. When the dishes are done, I'm done.

Another thing that helps me is the rusty old bellyache. I had bananas in the house and made banana brad today, which I have not done since before my surgery in December of 2013. What I did though was enjoy a piece, sliced u the rest and put it in the freezer. Now that it is positioned in the freezer instead of positioned on the counter, it will take a lot more trouble to get to it.

I like chicken ok, but if that chicken is cut up and positioned in a casserole, I am less likely to eat it than if it is positioned in a roasting pan, rubbed with spices. It is the closest I will get to my old favorite of KFC.

My boyfriend left for a business trip today and will be back Friday night. To resist temptation, I pitched his leftover mashed potatoes and chicken / rice casserole, and put his fresh sourdough bread in the freezer. I just cannot have potatoes around either. They are disasterville for me.

This is a hard road to stay on. I wish you the best. Protein is still you new best friend. Yeah, I miss Twinkies and Dr. Pepper, but I have mentally placed them in the "poison" department, just like the drive-throughs; McPoisons, Poison King, and Poison Bell.

@@jackiemc1987 - you need to re- focus and get back on track. you know what you are doing wrong. Protein will keep you fuller longer and get rid of the "junk" or at least make it harder to get to.... like @@Miss Mac :)

I have to do that with salty carbs.....

If you can't touch it then you won't eat it...I can't have bad things in the house or I will eat them so I don't buy them. You know what to do or you wouldn't ask. You already know the advice you will get, purchase healthy choices and stick to your plan. Good luck!! You can do this!

first of all we don't judge her...we all struggle...as the saying goes the struggle is real"

As the wise ladies above me stated...you know what's wrong and you know how to fix it. don't beat yourself up for falling off the wagon...just get back on it!

do not let what lead you to surgery...keep you from its success!

good luck! @@jackiemc1987

Are you keeping a food diary? I recommend people try it for at least 6 mths - 1 year. There are folks like me who always need a diary and others who do well without after a while.

You have to plan you meals AND your Snacks. The good thing with a food diary is after you plan your meals, you then work your snack in. An occasional bite sized snicker won't kill you. A daily routine of them will. Especially if you are eating them when you haven't met your nutrition goals for the day. What works for me is first thing every morning I plan my food for the day. I think plan and afternoon snack. Sometimes I need it, sometimes I don't.

Try the usual things: drinking Water, doing something physical. If you are then still hungry and not just having head hunger or bad habits creeping back then get a nutritious snack. I am one of those people who don't allow anything in the house I will binge on. It's a good habit to have.

Some healthy snack ideas:

1 ounce of nuts - I buy single serving packs of pistachios, almonds or cashews. I ONLY buy one pack at a time because I will binge. Than means if nuts are the snack for the day, I have to go to the store and buy them. Once at the store, I make myself walk around the store before checking out. That way I get in a few steps and I feel like I worked for my snack.

4 ounces of yogurt, with chocolate Protein powder mixed in. I mix it, and put it in the freezer until it gets a pudding consistency. I also occasionally add a tablespoon of almond butter for that candy bar chocolate/peanut taste.

½ an orange

Oatmeal/vanilla yogurt parfait. You can also add a few nuts and berries. oatmeal is good Fiber & Protein and really filling. You can make this overnight and have it for Breakfast. I buy plain rolled oats with none of the sugars and fillers that the prepackaged stuff has.

cheese and meat cubes. 1 ounce of each. Again, high protein and good fat. It will fill you and not derail your WLS efforts.

If you still love snickers, save that for your once month or once a week treat. If you meet all your protein goals and you meet all your Water goals then allow yourself one bite sized treat. The holiday's are coming up. if you don;t get a handle on this now, you'll really have difficulty. If your program has them, stop into a few support group sessions. Nearly a year out, I still stop in on mine from time to time. In fact I'm trying to figure out when I can make one this month. It's a good place to go for an in person tune up.

Picked up a few bad habits im 5months out and im able to tolerate a few no nos snack size sneakers and Pringles it's weird I'm not able to tolerate lettuce and some healthy choices like chicken breast and ground turkey but I get hungry so fast any suggestions people plz , and thank you

Do you think it's possible that your bad eating habits might have anything to do with this post you made less than two weeks ago:

"ppl are such prudes lol drink up ull be fine im about 6months out and i drink more now than i did before surgery and im fine lol well everything is fine so far since i STILL cant eat as much "

Do you think it's possible that your bad eating habits might have anything to do with this post you made less than two weeks ago:

"ppl are such prudes lol drink up ull be fine im about 6months out and i drink more now than i did before surgery and im fine lol well everything is fine so far since i STILL cant eat as much "

Maybe if you concentrated more on Protein than drinking alcohol, you wouldn't have to resort to Pringles and Snickers?

Or am I being a prude?

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/339715-call-the-bariatrics-police/?p=3932473

Maybe if you concentrated more on Protein than drinking alcohol, you wouldn't have to resort to Pringles and Snickers?

Or am I being a prude?

Thanx for the guidance ????

@@jackiemc1987

Look. You've done nothing but talk about drinking (starting at 7 weeks out) and making bad food choices from day one on this site. I have no problem giving guidance to people who really want it and are serious about getting healthy. Your posting history shows me you are not quite there yet. So I'm sorry if I can't get all warm and fuzzy with you and guide you into doing what you're supposed to do to be successful. I would rather give guidance to people who actually want to be successful. That way it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

You've been given good advice in this thread otherwise that I suggest you take and run with it.

Good luck to you.

@@jackiemc1987

Look. You've done nothing but talk about drinking (starting at 7 weeks out) and making bad food choices from day one on this site. I have no problem giving guidance to people who really want it and are serious about getting healthy. Your posting history shows me you are not quite there yet. So I'm sorry if I can't get all warm and fuzzy with you and guide you into doing what you're supposed to do to be successful. I would rather give guidance to people who actually want to be successful. That way it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

You've been given good advice in this thread otherwise that I suggest you take and run with it.

Good luck to you.

Another @@Babbs truth bomb! ????????????????

EVERY single person here will face this struggle. It is a lifelong battle. I agree with a lot of the above posts. I would plan for a few weeks to have every meal planned out. Always travel with a snack. I like to keep low fat cheese and a hardboiled egg in my bag - I know that sounds disgusting but it fills me up immediately and tastes pretty good. Look for something that is acceptable that is a "treat". I like sugar free fudgsicles. Most importantly don't be hard on yourself. Anyone who would judge you simply hasn't faced this yet but they WILL!

EVERY single person here will face this struggle. It is a lifelong battle. I agree with a lot of the above posts. I would plan for a few weeks to have every meal planned out. Always travel with a snack. I like to keep low fat cheese and a hardboiled egg in my bag - I know that sounds disgusting but it fills me up immediately and tastes pretty good. Look for something that is acceptable that is a "treat". I like sugar free fudgsicles. Most importantly don't be hard on yourself. Anyone who would judge you simply hasn't faced this yet but they WILL!

thank u for comment best one THUS far i feel a little better now because of this thank u for ur suggestions as well