Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

@@edie091371 I purchased those same things, along with eye mask & earplugs. Taking my most comfortable gown, & pillow. I tried to find the Biotin moisturizing mouth spray but Walmart was out. I'm ready to go!!!! My Doctor gave me a prescription for low dose anxiety meds. Helping a lot!!!

My insurance info gets submitted on 10/7 after my labs!! I'm literally sick w/ worry!! But according to billing my ins usually responds within a few days of submission!! God help me bc paying for this out of pocket will ruin me financially!!

@@dancingqueene my advice to you.. if they say no..appeal appeal appeal. I have been told that some insurances say no automatically and that the appeal process is where you get your approval. This was definitely the case with mine. I have never cried as much as I did thru this process. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am now scheduled for October 8th surgery!

Thanks for added me to the list

Couldnt figure out how to add my namè.

covarrubia911

Love the list! Thank you for adding me. :)

@@Laughingmyassoff2015 that is an awesome picture. I love it!

@@edie091371 chap stick, phone and charger, kindle and charger (hopefully I can update this sight with that from the hospital), good socks and slippers for walking, shorts (so I don't let it all hang out, now THAT would be an ugly moon), sweat pants (for the ride home in case this surgery turns me cold) and a pillow (for both while I am there and the ride home). OK what did I forget?

@@60&goin4it thanks. Now I can add earplugs :) (so I can listen to my tunes as I walk) Hmm I don't have an eye mask may have to get one of those. Also Biotin moisturizing mouth spray. Boy you guys are a mountain of good ideas.

Edited by 395Ron

My client had the surgery 3 months ago and she said the Biotin mouth spray is a must!! My daughter just brought me a body pillow so I am excited about that but don't think I will take it to b the hospital. Has anyone bought a wedge pillow for home? I have been reading it is a big help.

That sounds like a great idea! Where can I purchase a wedge pillow?

What about a robe for when you're walking? Just in case you're not ready for anything on your stomach.

@@dancingqueene, no worries...well try not to. I know it's easier said than done. My paperwork will be submitted on Wednesday. I can't wait, I'm filled with excitement and curiosity. A second chance. If it so happens, I receive a no then I will appeal continously. I refuse to go down without a fight. I need this! I will pray for God to give you strength and patience as you experience this waiting period. Try to focus on what you'll need to pack, purchase and have so you can have a smooth recovery.

I purchased a power recliner so I don't have to worry about getting in and out of bed. This is where I'll be sitting and sleeping for a while.

I also ordered a chair for the shower. My shower is extremely slippery and nothing to hold onto. Rather be safe than sorry. They're very inexpensive at Walmart online.

Edited by thbrown223

@@thbrown223 I did not even think about a shower chair. That is a really good idea. My hubby has a overstuffed Realtree camouflage recliner that I have complained about continuously (mainly because it does not match my smooth leather chocolate brown, but uncomfortable ) that I plan to make my preferred resting spot!! The memory foam wedge pillow can be found at Bed,Bath and Beyond or you could probably find it even cheaper online. I am still weighing that one out!

I'm on day 4 of pre-op liquid. So far, it really hasn't been bad. The best thing about it is, it's making realize how often I go for food for so many reasons, none of them having to do with actual huger. Because I'm on liquid, I have to stop myself and realize I cannot have anything other than my shakes. These habits are super engrained in me. I always knew they were but never new how deep they went until now. The other thing about the liquid diet is it takes all of the stress out of figuring out what to eat. I know what I can have an that's it. Plus, I get to supplement with SF popsicles (just discovered the tropical ones - delish!) and sugar free Gelatin. Surgery in 4 days.. GAH!

Thanks all for the great advice (gotta get me some of that Biotin mouth spray), it's so incredibly helpful! :D

First day of the Optifast 900 shakes! I'm hungry but so focused and ready. Surgery October 19th. I was surprised I have 3 weeks of shakes but I think it's because I carry a lot of my weight around the middle. Excited to have other October people to bond with! We're on our way now! :)

@@anewme2015 I added you to our list of surgery in October on page 20. Its nice to have this support group, seems like a great bunch of people!! Getting closer everyday!!!

First day of the Optifast 900 shakes! I'm hungry but so focused and ready. Surgery October 19th. I was surprised I have 3 weeks of shakes but I think it's because I carry a lot of my weight around the middle. Excited to have other October people to bond with! We're on our way now! :)

don't feel too bad, I've got 4.5 weeks of liquid diet! One week down, 3.5 to go!