Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

Thanks everyone. I'm at my pre-op appt now wish my surgeryiwas tomorrow instead of next week Keep the info on your recoveries coming it makes me feel much more prepared. Best support group ever Love you all

Hey guys - was wondering if anyone has experienced a sharp, burning pain a little left of the navel around 10-12 days post-op? I was doing great, very little pain and becoming extremely mobile,then about Monday mid-day I started to feel this pain to the left of my navel and by last night it was pretty bad. It's not consistent but if I bend over too far, it really kicks in. I have a call in to my clinic, but just wondered if anyone has or has heard of this.

@@edie091371 I'm the same way I experience discomfort when I drink cold anything. But like you said warm Protein Drinks are not yummy at all lol

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

@@CHLOE12 I'm 8 days post op and it gets easier my gas pain lasted 4-5 days now its gas without the discomfort. I honestly think everyone heals differently. I found this support group a few days ago and went into surgery not knowing anything. It's great having people to talk to that are going through the same thing or just here to give advice. Good luck on your journey and don't worry you'll be fine.

@@soonergirl619 how are you doing with everything?

I've been doing ok. Having a hard time getting my fluids in. Even a sip hurts. And lacking energy. I'm hoping after my appt today I will be able to start introducing pureed foods. But on the plus side I'm down 15 pounds since the surgery. How about you?

I've been doing ok. Having a hard time getting my fluids in. Even a sip hurts. And lacking energy. I'm hoping after my appt today I will be able to start introducing pureed foods. But on the plus side I'm down 15 pounds since the surgery. How about you?
I haven't weighed in since the saturday before surgery. I'm doing a lot better today than 2 days ago. I try to sip constantly and really schedule eating, which has been a battle because I go to school fulltime and keeping a Protein Shake cold is hard. I'm still on shakes and haven't transitioned to any other foods but I do have broth and Jello if I need a flavor switch. I walk constantly but plan on going to the gym tonight to get on a treadmill. Today I'm going to try to get some protein20 which will help me get to my Protein goal a lot easier and worry free.

I wanted to share something I find sweet- I've been divorced a bit and have never had trouble w/ dating. But..after ending a long term r-ship last winter I've not dated much at all waiting for this journey to start before putting myself out there so to speak. Well....I met a wonderful man unexpectedly and I'm having surgery next week. So, I briefly stated that I was having 'abdominal' surgery and didn't say much more. He asked about my pre/post op and I shared briefly my eating will come back in stages. After a few dates he went on to say how much he enjoys our time and hopes that we continue even though I will having a surgery. I agreed, but asked for his patience etc. He then, very politely, asked if I was having a gastric surgery. I was a tad stunned....he went on to say his very close friend has recently had it and my pre/post op sounded similar. So..I let it loose and shared my story- I had nothing to loose really. He was incredibly genuine in his understanding and supportive (as he is a very fit man I was nervous). I almost cried. Here is someone I hardly know, who is fit and used to dating 'barbie girls' so to speak and he was accepting of me as I was. He wet on to say my smile, intellect, and personality are what he was drawn to and my 'body' wasn't what he was most concerned about.

I know this was a long post...but I just had to share. It's really boosted my confidence and knowing my weight loss journey is truly about myself and not caring what other think :)

One week till my surgery. I'm so excited but nervous I keep thinking something is going to come up and I won't be able to get the surgery done. I'm just being paranoid. I can't wait till it's finally done.

I just got to the hospital. Getting nervous and I'm starving and thirsting. I will post when I can. Good luck everyone else.

@dancinggqueen How incredibly happy am I for you I have been widowed for 6 years and pray the same happens for me. Enjoy enjoy enjoy

@@kvoneye Your in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. You'll do great. can't wait to hear from you on the other side!

I haven't weighed in since the saturday before surgery. I'm doing a lot better today than 2 days ago. I try to sip constantly and really schedule eating, which has been a battle because I go to school fulltime and keeping a Protein Shake cold is hard. I'm still on shakes and haven't transitioned to any other foods but I do have broth and Jello if I need a flavor switch. I walk constantly but plan on going to the gym tonight to get on a treadmill. Today I'm going to try to get some protein20 which will help me get to my Protein goal a lot easier and worry free.

Good for you! I've noticed on here that it seems like everyone's process before and after surgery are quite different. Like me, my first week was strictly sugar free Clear Liquids and now this week until week 5 I go to pureed and soft Proteins like shakes and mashed up egg whites and stuff. Guess all the end results are the same right? Keep doing what you're doing and hope to keep in touch throughout this journey!

Good for you! I've noticed on here that it seems like everyone's process before and after surgery are quite different. Like me, my first week was strictly sugar free clear liquids and now this week until week 5 I go to pureed and soft Proteins like shakes and mashed up egg whites and stuff. Guess all the end results are the same right? Keep doing what you're doing and hope to keep in touch throughout this journey!
Yes I've noticed the diet differences too. I think it varies surgeon to surgeon. Yea you too I hope transitioning to food is easy and not nauseous.