Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

So happy for you sweetie, it's been such a long hard road for you. I am proud of you for getting through it. After my year of losses of my loved ones I know that any loss no matter though death or divorce can be emotionally draining. But life does go on and life can change drastically. Enjoy your new life and take care of yourself.

So. As I approach my 10 year bandiversary. I am happy to be in a calm warm place with dear friends. Sometimes... that is all I need and wantpost-121934-14783822398783_thumb.jpg.happy and healthy. Glad to be in Hawaii

Edited by Julie norton

Wonderful for you. I have not been to Hawaii yet but hope one day I can go. It's still warm here in Fla. so would like some cooler weather. Enjoy your vacation.

Speaking of vacations...here's my itinerary (courtesy of my sister the travel agent in training..lol) for our Scandinavia trip of a lifetime we're taking this spring. Couldn't have even dreamt of this before WLS.

Arrive in Amsterdam 5/18 am.
5/19 – cruise departs Amsterdam at 5pm
5/20 – at sea
5/21 – Oslo, Norway
5/22 & 23 – Copenhagen, Denmark
5/24 – Warnemunde, Germany (port town w/ access to Berlin)
5/25 – at sea
5/26 – Helsinki, Finland
5/27, 28 & 29 – St. Petersburg, Russia
5/30 – Tallinn, Estonia
5/31 & 6/1 – Stockholm, Sweden
6/2 – Reykjavik, Iceland
6/3 – Depart 10:30am for home.

Wow Liz. What a trip!! Cruises are such luxury to not move luggage in each destination. The food often looks better than it is sometimes.

The sit down dinners are lovely. And they do have a gym and many stairs!!!

You deserve a wonderful trip!!!

Edited by Julie norton

Wow Liz. What a trip!! Cruises are such luxury to not move luggage in each destination. The food often looks better than it is sometimes.

The sit down dinners are lovely. And they do have a gym and many stairs!!!

You deserve a wonderful trip!!!

Thanks Julie. I've taken many cruises but most have been in the Caribbean so this is quite different for me. We're taking Celebrity so that is also new for me. I've mostly done Norwegian and Holland America.

Told my manager today about needing two weeks off. All she wanted to know was if I had coverage and I told her I was working on it... -_-

Nice itinerary ...unsure if it is hot or cold on that voyage? What do you think?

not hot Julie. on the cool side actually....50's most likely...occasional 60s but we're not counting on it. Not bad weather for touring. We took this trip over some of the others because the other itineraries didn't have all the stops we were looking for. sis and I think they threw in Stockholm and Oslo to get people to book who are on the fence due to the earlier time period. we know that July and August is better weather...but it's also more expensive...and more important, not the itinerary we wanted.

Sounds very nice. What a great trip to look forward to!

And kids will not be out of school...more adult shore excursions and shipboard entertainment perhaps?

Fun ahead!!

woo hoo Liz was a great trip. I am so jelly. I am thinking about a trip this spring or summer but don't know where. I am kind of looking into a senior tour maybe. I of course don't have a partner so unless my best friend wants to go I'm going alone. She still has her husband and she has been vacationing with me for the past several year so she needs to spend some time with him.

A senior tour sounds really good. I bet you would meet lots of nice women on it. That's the good thing about us widows...we are much better than men in reaching out and socializing even when we're on our own.

The men just remarry. :rolleyes:

Pray for me friends. I close on the house in four hours and move tomorrow. Suddenly getting very anxious. I know it will all be fine but it's a bit overwhelming.

JustWatchMe

Pray for me friends. I close on the house in four hours and move tomorrow. Suddenly getting very anxious. I know it will all be fine but it's a bit overwhelming.

JustWatchMe

Doin' a happy dance for ya kiddo!! :D

Been praying for you all along. So Happy for you and your new start. Enjoy your new home.

yes women are easier to get to know because there is no worries about whether they want to hook up. I have been playing in poker tournaments they are charity events but men somehow only want to see if you are on the hunt. Which I am not. the women who are there are more interested in forming a friendship. I am doing okay for the most part still have my bad days when I can't believe I am actually alone. But I am blessed to have my health and family. talked to a local lady whose husband died in his sleep back in March. She is only 73 and has so many health issues , she is obese, has diabetes, is on oxygen full time and has kidney problems. I feel so lucky when I hear about how difficult her life is. Still maintaining my weight and except for arthritis I feel pretty good. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. It's only one day and thanks to my band I won't over eat.