Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official November Bypass thread

@@auntitraci - awesome! Sounds like you are well on your way. For every thing done, you can cross off your list and it's that one step closer which is exciting! Have you checked on which Vitamins, which Protein that you will use? How long will you be taking off work? Do you have a good support system in place?

I am looking for a good tasting chewable Multivitamin. I contacted Bariatric Advantage and also Celebrate Vitamins to obtain some samples to try. Bariatric Advantage will send out samples at no cost, but Celebrate charges $3.00 for sample pack ,but they give you quite a bit to sample. I hear that Pure Protein tastes good as well and they recently came out with a pumpkin pie shake! Yummy, just in time for Fall ;P

Trying to get there..had an endoscopy...he found nothing but said that my esophagus was torturous.Acid reflux...he didn't pick up the hiatal hernia..,glad it was documented on the series of tests performed in the ER.

Consultiation in 2 weeks...followed by NUT and psyc...

So I met with the Dietician yesterday at the Bariatric Center.....she said their office requires patients to only use Protein formulas that are whey/soy isolate only.....no concentrate at all. Does Premier Protein have whey concentrate in it? She also said no bananas, ever. Too starchy. She was wonderful though, answered all the questions that I had and didn't talk down to me at all. I hate when that happens. Just because I have a question doesn't mean that I need to be treated like a toddler. Definitely worth the trip into the city.

She did said she prefers when patients use a "meal replacement" like Bariatric Advantage instead of just a Protein Drink....the Meal Replacement ones have Fiber in them which keeps you full longer. When I told her that I only found a few that I liked and they were just Protein powder, she suggested adding benefiber. Maybe I'll give the Bariatric Advantage another shot. I've been buying single serving packs of stuff to try out. To me, the Bariatric Advantage tastes like foam. Does anyone else get that from it?

In regards to Vitamins, the BA ones are okay and get everything in them. I tried the Celebrate ones (and the $3 is worth it, they give you almost one of everything) but for some reason the chewable Multivitamin burns my throat. I like the ones from Bariatric fusion...both the chewable and the soft chews. I also like BA's chewable Calcium in the cinnamon flavor. It's like a softer version of a Certs for those old enough to remember those ;).

So here's the weird thing. She won't go over the post-op stuff until two weeks before the surgery. I suppose it's because people will forget if they do it sooner but it's frustrating. I'd like to order Vitamins so I don't have to order everything at once (those suckers are expensive!) but I guess I'll just have to wait. I haven't really ordered any big packages of Protein powders yet....I've seen so many posts about tastes changing and things getting too sweet that I've hesitated. I know what I like now (unjury chocolate splendor and strawberry sorbet and Syntrax nectar grapefruit and lemonade)....what does everyone else like? Any recommendations for a plain powder to add to foods? I haven't tried any of those yet.

This is really happening isn't it? It's a little surreal to me.

@@Lemon109 - so glad you had a good appointment with your Dietician yesterday! Premier Protein is concentrate.. I haven't tried any of the BS shakes yet. Yeah Benefiber is a must. I was going to check if I can continue my Fiber gummies after surgery because I have diverticulosis and don't want to get constipated and trigger a diverticulitis episode, those are painful. Ever since I started on the fiber gummies, I haven't had any problems. How do you prepare your shakes? I wonder if the foam taste is the mixing process? Thanks for sharing the Bariatric fusion. I will have to check those out. I love the calcium citrate chews from Celebrate and BA, they are yummy! , however I might try the cinnamon you mentioned just to have a variety :P

I plan on buying the unjury unflavored and also GENEPRO unflavored Protein to mix with food. I hear they are both good.

@@auntitraci - awesome! Sounds like you are well on your way. For every thing done, you can cross off your list and it's that one step closer which is exciting! Have you checked on which Vitamins, which Protein that you will use? How long will you be taking off work? Do you have a good support system in place?

I am looking for a good tasting chewable Multivitamin. I contacted Bariatric Advantage and also Celebrate Vitamins to obtain some samples to try. Bariatric Advantage will send out samples at no cost, but Celebrate charges $3.00 for sample pack ,but they give you quite a bit to sample. I hear that Pure Protein tastes good as well and they recently came out with a pumpkin pie shake! Yummy, just in time for Fall

Thanks, In my nutrition class they are telling us that we need to use flinstone Complete chewable vitamins. As far as protein, they are just talking about lean meats, fish and chicken. I do have to do Optifast 2 weeks prior to surgery but thats it. So what is all this other protein talk?? I feel like in reading here different areas require different options.

I am currently a stay at home mom for my german sherpard. LOL we moved to Delaware 2 years ago and I haven't worked since moving here. Feel very fortunate about that. So no time off needed. As for support system My hubby is very supportive and is hoping he will lose the 20 lbs he wants to lose. LOL How about you?

@@Pinkgirl1234 so glad your endo went without complications! That darn reflux! At least now you have that helping your case. wow that's awesome that you have your appointments so soon!!!

@@auntitraci I have heard of people using the Flintstones Vitamins also. The first month, we won't be able to eat the solid Protein so shakes or unflavored Protein that can be mixed in SF pudding , yogurts , Soups etc.so that you can meet your protein needs to avoid muscle loss and to covert the fat to energy so that you lose weight quicker.

How old is your German Shepherd? I love animals. I have 3 dogs of my own. I think I would go nuts staying at home. I work part time just on the weekends and occasionally work from home also. My husband has been extremely supportive over the past 11 years. He has been through every crash diet, and supported me when I went through the band. He has even ate similar foods to what I was eating at the time to make it easier for me. He is also supportive of my decision for bypass, even though I know he loves me just the way I am, but he wants me to be happy and healthy. We actually had a conversation the other day. He said that when I get done with my bypass and later my Tummy Tuck, that he wants a Harley. Lol. I had said "ok no problem". Then he said, "not a matchbox kind, and it must be life size, has an engine, with wheels, and it must be in working order". LOL! He was specific, because he knows my sick sense of humor. He asked for a Harley years ago and I got him a matchbox size and put under the Christmas tree...hehehe!

That's awesome that your husband is supportive. It makes it so much easier!

I got to keep on this...pushing for all things necessary to get approved.I want my surgery before the NewYear....wishful thinking but hey next week when I go to the consult they will give me a referral to NUT and psych...want them scheduled ASAP...want papers sent in by the end of the month.

Keep on it and keep pushing and hopefully we will all have our surgery dates no later than the end of November. Let's keep pushing.

Dream4TC My Moose is 7 years old at the end of the month. He is my awesome buddy. What kind of dogs do you have? I think its fantastic that your husband is so very supportive thru all of your adventures.

I have an appt. with the nutritionist one on one so maybe she can explain the after care a little more. I have to take 3 life classes that must cover all the Protein and after care as well. I passed the psych eval and had my sleep test last night. and surprise surprise I have sleep Apnea so now I have to get a Cpap machine. Oh well. I figured I had it, but you can always hope. But quite honestly I am very healthy aside from this and I feel very blessed in this.

@aunttraci You are moving right along aren't you? Sorry about the C-Pap....the sleep apnea might resolve following surgery...that would be a great thing!

@auntitraci. You named your doggie Moose? My little boy furbaby is named Micky Moose haha!!. I have 3 Malshi-s (maltese - shitzu ). My oldest is 8 and her name is Bella. My other two are 4 yrs old and their names are Koco and Micky.

Wow 3 life classes is great! The more info, the better! Congrats on passing your psych evaluation. I am so sorry to hear about your sleep apnea, but I will almost guarantee that will go away once you start losing! I can tell you that C-Paps take some getting used to. If you can get a good nasal mask similar to this one, it will be much easier. http://www.buzzfeed.com/joeloliphint/the-invention-that-could-end-obesity#.rhAGAn1YGM

You may need to start off with 20 minutes then work your way up in time. 20 is better than nothing..

Hey if you would like to join our private WLS November 2015 Facebook group. Send me a personal message and I can send you a friend request :)

Edited by Dream4tc

Dream4tc. How do I pm you?

@@auntitraci click on my name to get to my profile and you should have option to send message. I sent message, check your mailbox :)

Okay-I admit it. I'm completely Facebook illiterate. How do I get to the group once I am logged in? I couldn't find it yesterday.