Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official November Bypass thread

I might not make November. My surgeon is filling up his November spots and my Vitamin D levels didn't increase as much as we would have liked. I'm going to push for a blood draw in one month. Hopefully with this higher dose and some California sunshine, I will be right where I need to be.

Went to see my doctor today he said I have to take some medicine for my thyroid because if it's not normal before submitting the papers to the insurance it won't be approved. I only have too do two days of liquid diet before the surgery. God is good so I know it will all work out.

So happy did more blood work and don't need the thyroid meds it back normal. God is good!

That is great news indeed!!! See it is working out perfectly for you! Yay :)

I might not make November. My surgeon is filling up his November spots and my Vitamin D levels didn't increase as much as we would have liked. I'm going to push for a blood draw in one month. Hopefully with this higher dose and some California sunshine, I will be right where I need to be.

Awww well don't feel bad. I found out today, my date might be moved towards end of Nov. :( I am at the mercy of my insurance company. I also have to get my Vitamin D levels checked again. I am hoping it will be high enough. I have been taking my supplement and trying to get more fake sunshine lol

That is a good idea to get repeat blood draw!

Welcome to you both. Happy to have you join us. ;)

@@cassie32104 - I am sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis, however the bypass will definately help you. I have a friend who was insulin dependent and had bypass and is doing so well!. She was able to get off insulin, but she does check her sugar every so often because she can get hypoglycemic at times. I am curious what the nutrionists have to tell you over 6 visits that they can't tell you in one visit? That is actually really good that you get so many visits! I hope your visit goes well!

Ugh...my insurance require I do a 6 month supervised diet, so that is why I have been seeing the dietician. The dietician is part of my surgeons office. It has helped me prepare and make some changes before surgery. As far as losing weight- they want me to maintain. My insurance requires a 40 bmi or 35 with one comorbid (which I now have-Diabetes). Before I found out I was diabetic, I had a 40 bmi so if I lost any weight, I wouldn't qualify for surgery. Now that I found out I have diabetes (found out in June) I have a little more slack and have actually lost 10 pounds. I also had to have my gallbladder removed this past July- so it has been a busy last 3 months! I will be so happy to have my 6th appointment tomorrow so they can submit! Then the waiting game with the insurance begins!

I am also hoping to have my surgery in mid-to-late November. I have my last appt. in last week of Oct. then I simply have to wait for the insurance to approve.....fingers crossed because I am so ready to officially begin my journey.

I got my date yesterday! I am scheduled for November 24th! I'm so excited and a little nervous. I'm in the San Francisco area and having my surgery at Stanford.

Hey all, I see many new additions to our group. We also have a private FB WLS support group. If interested in joining, message me and I can get you added :) Glad to have you all with us!

My paperwork was submitted to insurance on Monday. I just checked with my insurance and they said it is processing. Impatiently waiting........

My paperwork was submitted to insurance on Monday. I just checked with my insurance and they said it is processing. Impatiently waiting........

That is exciting!!! How long is your insurance estimating an answer? My insurance is taking 4 to 6 weeks for approvals! I hope you hear something soon!

@Dream4tc The coordinator at the surgeon's office said it should take about 2 weeks. I have BCBS, so hopefully it's sooner rather than later! I am a school nurse and already have a sub set up for the potential time in November and I hope it works out- it is difficult to get a sub! My coordinator said the date I gave her (11/9) shouldn't be a problem, so fingers crossed!!

OMG! OMG! I just talked to my coordinator and my surgery was approved!! I am scheduled for 11/4/15! I cannot believe it!! :D :D :D

@Dream4tc The coordinator at the surgeon's office said it should take about 2 weeks. I have BCBS, so hopefully it's sooner rather than later! I am a school nurse and already have a sub set up for the potential time in November and I hope it works out- it is difficult to get a sub! My coordinator said the date I gave her (11/9) shouldn't be a problem, so fingers crossed!!

Whoot that's awesome!!! Congrats and that was fast approval!!!