Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What weight for regular size clothing??

I got so depressed when I went shopping for jeans yesterday. All my jeans are too big, yet I can't fit my butt into a regular 18. The plus size 18's are way too big, so I just don't get it.

Luckily, I am going on vacation next month where there will be a lot more stores. My stupid town has very poor shopping choices. Maybe by next month I will have broken this plateau and will be down a few more lbs.

I started at 272 pounds and size 22. I was banded in April 2007 and I am now at 230 pounds and wear size 20 but they are getting very loose. I was hoping the sizes would go down faster but they haven't. I am happy for the weight loss though.

I got so depressed when I went shopping for jeans yesterday. All my jeans are too big, yet I can't fit my butt into a regular 18. The plus size 18's are way too big, so I just don't get it.

Luckily, I am going on vacation next month where there will be a lot more stores. My stupid town has very poor shopping choices. Maybe by next month I will have broken this plateau and will be down a few more lbs.

Denise...

No worries! We'll go shopping at the New River Outlet store. I was just there yesterday and bought a whole car load of stuff.

Welcome to Outlets at Anthem

It was fun! :)

I started at 272 pounds and size 22. I was banded in April 2007 and I am now at 230 pounds and wear size 20 but they are getting very loose. I was hoping the sizes would go down faster but they haven't. I am happy for the weight loss though.

After you hit 200 the sizes seem to start dropping quickly. What used to take 30-50 lbs to change sizes suddenly turns to 15-20 lbs to change a size. It will happen.

I am 5'5" started at 233# wearing 3X tops and 22/24 slacks. After losing 46# I am still in women's sizes. 18W jeans, 20W dresses and 1X tops. Not only is height a factor but body shape is too. My 18W jeans are loose,but any smaller and I couldn't button and zip them up. My belly is the determining factor in clothing sizes now. I will rejoice when I can be in misses sizes!!

I'm 5'2" and at about 160 lbs I am able to wear a size 14, able to fit the largest or second largest size in most clothing stores. Currently 210 so 50 lbs more! Eek!

After you hit 200 the sizes seem to start dropping quickly. What used to take 30-50 lbs to change sizes suddenly turns to 15-20 lbs to change a size. It will happen.

its amazing how many pounds you need to drop the bigger sizes- I'm down about 80 lbs from 3/06 and am only down to a 22/24 bottoms/ 20 top from previously 28-30 bottoms; 24 top.

I don't remember what I weighed when I was in misses' sizes. SO looking forward to wearing cuter clothes!

I began at 289 pounds, and wearing a 22/24 pants, and a 4X tops. I am tall, 5'9", and extremely top heavy---was then, and still am now. I am just a few pounds shy of making my 100 pounds lost---I am in the low 190's. I now wear a Misses size 14 pants with ease. I could go smaller, but the belly has to be fixed and skin taken away first. And I am doing some Misses XL but mostly still 1X Womens tops. Hoping to totally leave behind the Plus/Womens...but not sure with this chest it is ever going to happen.......everything changed size wise, my feet shrunk a size and a half!!! I was wearing a 9.5, and am now buying 8's. My rings went from a 10 to a 7.5. Even my sunglasses and reading glasses had to be adjusted!!!

Kat

Kat you are doing so great, I hope someday to hit the 100 pound mark. We must be about the same size , I was a 10 shoe though and gone to a 9 or 9.5. Rings from 10 to 8. Sunglasses fit better. I was 277 and now 193 , I have fit into a 12 but it was tight and my face was turning blue, I thought it best to take them off,lol. I am 5ft 9 too. Congrats on your wonderful weight loss, I hope to be there too, wait, I will be there,lol have to think positive.

I hit this milestone just yesterday and I am so thrilled I can't even put it into words!!!!! I hate fat lady stores!!!!!!!!!

I'm 5'6.5", 192# and bought a size 16 in Ralph Lauren NON-stretch jeans. I don't like my clothes tight or loose.... just a good fit. In tops I'm wearing about a size XL or 14. I also got nicely into my old size 14 swimsuits today.

it depends on where you carry most of your weight.... mine is in my belly....lol like santa!!!! hahahahaha but i staRTED OUT AT 287 NOW 248 ... SIZE 24/26 PANTS NOW 22 TOPS: 3X TO 2X/1X

ITS WONDERFUL

I am 5'6'' and about 230 #

and I wear a size 22 - 24 !!!!!!!!!

why??????

:o

After you hit 200 the sizes seem to start dropping quickly. What used to take 30-50 lbs to change sizes suddenly turns to 15-20 lbs to change a size.

I remember my Mother telling me that, too. And like the rest of us, she's been all sizes and on every diet, so I believe it!

When I lost weight on Atkins I didn't get rid of my "fat clothes". I told myself that I wanted a pair of big-pants to hold up in front of my skinny body for a photo, but I ended up keeping a lot of things. Then when I started having problems with my liver and my Doctor took me off of Atkins (after 2 years and an 88 pound drop), I put weight on so fast that I'd cry every night.... but at least I had something to wear.

The good news is that I also kept some of the "thin clothes" that I'm looking forward to getting back into ... and this time I'm only going to keep ONE pair of big-pants!!

I'm looking forward to not only shopping in a normal size clothing store, but to picking out clothes because I like them - not just buying them because they are the only thing that fits!

:o

I am down almost 60 pounds and can STILL wear some of the things that I was wearing before banding. They might not look pretty and they are hanging or baggy, but I can still get them on and wear them. Specially if they are elastic waisted. It is amazing that plus sized clothes fit for such a drastic weight loss OR GAIN!! But I guess they make them that way so big stomach people can wear them as well as big butt people.

Bear in mind Australian sizes are smaller than American. 16 is our largest "normal store" size by and large and that's a US 12. I hit that size at about 185lb at 5ft 10. Anything over that and I'm doomed to plus sizes. And one of my goals was never ever ever to buy ANYTHING in My Size again (one of our major plus size stores) and since the day I was banded I havent.

Is Mossimo Australian? I bought some capris in that brand and got home all excited. Could put them on but I could not sit down. They are 22, but fit like 18's in most US brands. I was very sad. They are cute though, and when I can wear them I know I will have really accomplished something.

I am 5'5" and started at a tight 24. Lost 38 lbs. and am now a loose 22. I am kind of discouraged that my midsection is the last place I am shrinking. My wedding ring is about to fall off. My tops are all to big, my bra straps show. Feet are getting skinny, my flip flops are all loose. Just not the pants........

At 5"7' and 211 I can wear a size 14 comfortably. My weight is fairly even in distrivution although I have more in my stomach than I want. I shop in regular stores now and this is really exciting. I started at 378 and wore a 3x in Catherines sometmes a 4X. Now I'm thinking I can get to a 10-12!