Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A different kind of challenge

Good morning friends. As many of you know, I gained a few pounds recently and redid my tracker to reflect it. I said I'd lose those few pounds once I was home from London and back to a 'regular' schedule. Well...still not on that regular schedule. I made the decision while away, that I would go into an exclusive relationship with one of the two men I had been dating. Since I've made this decision, we are together more often and naturally, we are eating out. I haven't really cooked since I got banded...I have high end markets where I pick up my Protein...fish and chicken mostly along with vegetables and yes...I will bake small potatoes or cook up some Pasta or rice to complete my meals. The meats are grilled or poached...not fried. I managed to lose 150 lbs. this way and I've no intention of changing it up.

The issue though is all these dinners out. He knows all about the band and my weight loss journey and it's a non issue for him. In fact, he's proud of me for taking my challenges in hand and turning my life around. He's a thinner man, but at 60, definitely has a bit of a pot belly. So we always share meals and what we do eat at the restaurant is usually chosen with alot of care in terms of healthier alternatives. Thank goodness we live in a big city and are not forced to eat at chain restaurants. I also showed him the Myfitnesspal app and he's embracing it with gusto.

So, having said all that, I still see that getting under 115 lbs. again is becoming quite a challenge for me. I've been back from London for about a month now and am still hovering in that 117-119 range. I'm also not using the gym as much as I was. Again..I'm spending time with the man rather than working out. Fortunately, he has his gym in his apartment building and mine is around the corner. I still go...but not three times a week anymore. If I get there twice a week, I'm doing good.

I know that if I can stay vigilant at this time, while the romance is going hot and heavy, I can work on getting back to my pre-Julian habits as we hopefully get into a routine which includes more meals at home and more workout time.

Just shows that life can trip you up even when it's for something good, and not just when things are bad and we're stressed. We don't always fall off the wagon because life is hard... Anything can get us off track so it's really important to stay focused no matter what.

Have a great day everyone.

:) Post-WLS problems.

Lifestyle -- it's a concept, ain't it?

Some related concepts -- alignment, accommodation, assimilation, accomplishment.

One other thought -- there's vacation and then there's regular life. They're not the same, and probably for some good reasons. (I'm preaching to myself here.)

Best to you!

@@gowalking - congrats on having a "sweetie" who understands your banded life :D

@@gowalking,

Congratulations on your new life! As far as those couple of pounds you want to lose again, it sounds like you know exactly why they are there and what you need to do to go after them.

I think all of us will struggle back and forth but hopefully at a much more healthier weight.

Good luck to you with Julian! It sounds like you have a fantastic guy!

I always appreciate your posts. You tell it like it is in real life.

Does he like to workout? Maybe you could spend time together doing activities...like hiking, biking, etc. and get your workouts up to 5x a week? My husband doesn't like to workout so I totally understand if he doesn't just a thought.

Good luck-

LA

Does he like to workout? Maybe you could spend time together doing activities...like hiking, biking, etc. and get your workouts up to 5x a week? My husband doesn't like to workout so I totally understand if he doesn't just a thought.

Good luck-

LA

Actually, that was one of the things I liked about him..that he's active. We've walked alot..and he was the one I biked in Central Park with. We're going to Flushing Meadow Park this weekend and taking out one of the boats onto the lake. That's an upper body workout for sure and I plan to do some of the rowing myself. I expect we'll do quite a bit of different activities...which I agree, will help.

It sound like your getting back on track. Besides, I wouldn't obsess on 1 or 2 pounds. I weigh a pound or two more at night than I do in the morning.

I like his name :)

I would think you'd be getting enough exercise of a *ahem* different sort being in a new relationship ;)

I like his name :)

I would think you'd be getting enough exercise of a *ahem* different sort being in a new relationship ;)

That's what went through my mind too! LOL

Congratulations on your new relationship! It seems pretty common for people to gain a little weight in new relationships for the reasons you've mentioned. The good news is he understands and is very supportive of your post-WLS lifestyle. Sounds like you're getting back on track. I'm still pre-surgery and making some of these changes with my own boyfriend. Cooking dinner and eating in instead of going out, walking together, stuff like that. Good luck to you and I wish you two tons of happiness!