Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pls

I will al so talk openly to those who ask.. One friend at work has backed out 3times.. Watching me she is ready and I am her partner in WLS

Good advice thanks guys. I have started talking about going to the gym too so I have put it out there already that things are changing. I plan on posting on Facebook if anyone can recommend a good NUT - even tho I have one, just so friends and family see the process starting already before the surgery and then hopefully won't get as many questions.

I also have a 2 month old son and an almost 2 year old son (next week his 2) so there's the looking after the boys that I'm hoping people don't question my parents.

I told family and friends first when I started process. Then throughout told most everyone. I worked my but off before surgery to lose 40 lbs so not like surgery was the only thing making me lose weight. You are gaining knowledge to use with this surgery together to lose. Plus if they don't pay my bills or walk in my shoes I don't care what they think. I have found everyone has been very supportive. You may also be an inspiration for someone who may be secretly considering it!

I told my husband of course, my mother in law, my boss and a handful of friends. That was it. When people ask me how I have lost so much in just a few months I always laugh and say "oh, ya know, just cut some things out." Lol which more true than they realize. I also share with them my clean eating habits and exercise. Which is also the truth.

@@Lilu I did the made up problem too about why the long break from work. I don't want everyone in my business. The surgery was a hard enough decision for me and the only one who knows is my husband. He's all the support I need and he has been phenomenal!

I am a secret sleeves, down 65lbs and still have not told my secret. Not even my family! Just my husband a 2 friends. Its nobodys business but my own. I am not going to let anyone rain on my parade. Just my choice. And I don't feel guilty.

I have had a lapband since 2004.The only ones who know are my parents.I like it this way.No questions no judgements,no failure.

Only my parents and one real close friend knows. I'm keeping it quiet for now because I have a very judgemental family and I just want this to be positive and don't want to be nagged on or put down because of my decision. I did this for me not for them. When the time is right or if someone asks I'll be honest about it.

So far since starting my pre-op diet to now 2 weeks post op I have lost 30 lbs or so. My coworkers have noticed my clothes are baggy and I don't eat out anymore, no more daily cokes, sugary coffees ect. I just tell them I'm on a new diet and have been getting active more (which is mostly the truth). When I feel like it, I might tell them. But it's my Business and my life and my body. I don't need to share everything. I'm a very private person to begin with.

That's it!Thats all they need to know!You are on a diet.Just making lifestyle changes and Guess what that's the truth!No more needs to be said!!!

I don't know. Like I said, I am struggling with the decision as to whether I should tell or not.

I did have an experience (alluded to above) when I was trying to diet using Weight Watchers techniques and then taking a supplement that is supposed to suppress appetite. A guy who was selling the supplement was dieting too. I really followed the rules and was hungry a lot, also. The scale was moving down but ever so slowly. This guy would lose six pounds a week or something and said he really was never hungry. He sold the supplement I was taking and gave it all the credit. I was so discouraged watching the weight just fall off of him and I was fighting and hungry for every pound I lost. I eventually gave up the diet.

Later, I found out he'd had gastric bypass. I know it wasn't my business and he was under no obligation to tell me, but man, did his rapid weightloss make me feel inferior and like I wasn't motivated/disciplined/good enough to lose the weight that quickly. Since those are feelings that surrounded me during lots of different weight loss attempts, I really would LIKE to be honest with others in hopes of encouraging them to peruse their options and not to make them think it's realistic to lose that much so quickly with diet and exercise alone.

That said, I really don't want to tell people because of the judgments, them watching what I'm eating, opinions I'm not asking for, etc. I'm struggling with it a lot.

That said, I'm supportive of everyone on here and their decision, I just wanted to share my experience.

A lot of people in the office know I've been on a liquid diet for the last couple of weeks, and they know I am going to be out of the office next week for my surgery. I'm not broadcasting it like "HEY EVERYONE - I'M GETTING WLS!!" but when they ask why I am more than comfortable being open and honest. I've come to terms with my guilt and doubt about whether or not to have the surgery. All they can say to me is stuff I've already thought about and have resolved. I don't feel the need to defend my decision. This is what needs to be done for my health and for my future.

The only negative comments have been from my mother, and it's just because she is worried about complications during surgery. Everyone else has been excited for me (and some even a little jealous)

I think you do have to be careful who you tell. I am only tell those close to me. Like my mother, and my partner, since he's taking me to the hospital. We discuss the subject and after getting his support, I am going for it. Even so, if someone does ask, I will not lie about it. That's just my two cents.

I kept mine secret until one hour before my surgery. I was worried about all the judgment of people thinking this was and easy out. But it was going to come out eventually and I didn't want to lie about my weight loss when people start noticing the quick drop. I didn't want people to talk behind my back trying to figure it out so I decided to be upfront and made it Facebook official. I got way more support than I was expecting. And you know what so what if they talk. If they really care about you they will be supportive. Find out who your true friends are. Everyone has seen me struggle all my life and if it wasn't for all the health issues maybe I wouldn't have done it. Its desperation to be healthy. This was my post to everyone

VEVY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
about My Life. For my Family, Friends and inquiring minds who want to know.

Soooo, I have made a huge decision that is going to change my life forever. Hopefully for the better. If all goes well....
Some of you may or may not know that I had a lap band procedure done in 2010 to help with weight loss. It did help for a little while. Eventually the band stopped helping me completely and I fell back into old eating habits.
Started the whole yo-yo dieting again. I gained it all back then I lost it all again. Then I gained it all back plus some more. The band has been busted for about 3 years but it's still hanging out in my belly.
I have been fighting battle of the bulge since I was 8 yrs old. The older you get the harder it is. The bulge always seems to win.
The thing that really makes it hard are the underlying health issues. Like PCOS, thyroid, diabetes, depression and anxiety. Then there is the high cholesterol and blood pressure. With all these health problems comes medication for all. Some of the medication causes weight gain but you need them.
So conclusion to this battle. I am having the Lapband removed from my stomach and I will be converting to the gastric sleeve.
I am so grateful that I have a wonderful husband who has been with me through all of my struggles. He has seen my ups, downs and all arounds. He sees how hard I do work. How hard I try. How much I beat myself up when I don't lose weight even when I have done all of the right things. He has seen me give up hopes and give in to the unhealthy from my disappointment of not winning the battle. He has stood by me through thick and uh, not so thin. I want to thank him very much for helping me with my journey of becoming a healthier me.
Because of my fear of judgement I have kept this to myself. But most people would say not to worry about what others think.
A lot of people will say well if you just exercise and eat right you will lose weight. Well I do and it does help but it just isn't enough for me. Exercise has become really hard due to arthritis in my right knee and hip but I will continue to fight through the pain.

This is not going to be easy!!!!!

I love food!!!!!!!!!!!
Sugar is the devil!!!!!!!!!!
I am giving up all the tasty favorites for a new me.

I am going into surgery at 9:30. Wish me luck. See you when I wake

I love you all!!!!

yDaBsYcc9pr.pngfeeling optimistic.