Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for preop friends :)

@@geronimo Awesome, congrats on the surgery date!! Can't wait to hear how well you do through your journey! Good luck on the pre-op diet! It's not easy at first, but you'll get used to it..I PROMISE!

@@Tomlam Hi there! Congrats on your surgery date! The pre-op diet is rough the first few days, I struggled with a headache and fatigue for a few days, but I am at exactly one week tomorrow and am feeling a lot better. Tonight my meal consisted of a little bit of zucchini, 1/2 cup of Soup, a Protein shake and a lot of Water. It was pretty filling! I wish you the best these next two weeks and can't wait to hear about your journey after surgery!

@@mlmanney Disney is literally 50/50 right now. There are other factors (like costs, because the surgery expenses right now are ridiculous..) but mainly I want to feel good enough to go and not over do it. Luckily I have until the day before to cancel the hotel without fees, so I can wait until the last minute if need be. I am not originally from Sacramento, but I spent most of my life from about 2nd grade on here in Sac. I was originally born in Fremont, CA..in the east bay area. From 2011-2010 I lived in Nashville, TN and fell in love with it. I am hoping to go back there and stay there soon! How are you enjoying SoCal?

Edited by Nikikins

Hey, I'm in upstate NY too! My surgery date is August 17th... this coming Monday! I'd love to be friends. Whereabouts in upstate NY are you?

@@Cervidae I live in the Lake George area but I am originally from Schoharie (most ppl know Schoharie because it was hit so bad by Irene). I have Facebook too if you'd like to chat more on there... :) I can be found under Tiffany Alicia Ball.. I am super excited for you and hope surgery goes fabulously!:)

I actually started the process last year and I had some second thoughts but I decided to pick up where I left off. I'm pretty fortunate because the hospital that I work for will cover about 80% of the cost. Thanks for reaching out. I need some support because everyone has an opinion and I don't want to hear it...lol my decision is made

@@klovek0729 of course! I will send you a friend request and if you'd like to ever chat via private messaging, feel free to reach out at any time! I'd be glad to help support you through this process as would anyone on here. I have found nothing but kind, understanding and non-judgmental people so far on this site. We're all here for the same reason!!

Opinions are like belly buttons, every one has one. After a while you just learn to shut them out and carry on. You don't owe anyone any explanations and you never need to justify your reasons for making the choice you did because it was YOUR choice, not anyone else's. In the end, you'll be healthy and alive and that is really all that matters. If people can't see that, then that's on them. Try to keep your head up through this process because you and I both know, while it isn't going to be easy, it will be worth it. :)

@@cslove Hey Connie, I'm Niki! Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I look forward to hearing about your journey!

@@Knitchic I hope your appointment went well! My psych eval was pretty easy although I didn't have the hundreds of questions that so many people mention, but my session was split into 2 1 hour sessions, so maybe she just asked me them all that way? Either way, I ended up flying through mine and she told me on the spot that she was all set to clear me for surgery. So apparently I was able to keep a lid on my crazy well enough to get through that process! ;) Just kidding, she laughed at a lot of my answers a lot but at the end we decided I had a normal amount of crazy.. I hope your's goes just as smoothly!

@@guyfrom315 I hope your appointments go well. Best of luck on your surgery!!! The Dr. that I chose was originally from out your way and just moved here a couple of years ago to start a new bariatric program at another local hospital. I have heard great things about all of the bariatric teams out your way. I am sure you will do fantastic!

@ I see your surgery countdown says 9/2. Does that mean you finally got your date for surgery the other day like you were expecting? If so, that is GREAT! Only a few weeks left, it will fly by.. :)

@ Good plan. Lucky for you you are not too far away to come down another time after you are more healed and in your groove! I am actually a military brat and grew up overseas and didn't move to Sacramento until I was in High school. My Hubby was the same way. Both of our families moved there when we were in HS and so we claim that as home since everyone lives there. I like living down here more than I thought I would. We have been here for 2 years now after retiring from the military. I remember when I was younger having such a dislike for SoCal except for a vacation here or there. Luckly it isn't too bad where I live traffic wise, that is probably the thing I dislike the most about being down here. We spend more time going south to San Diego than going into LA. Love it down there but my hubby works in Corona and unlike alot of people how live around here we don't want to deal with a long commute.

@@geronimo Awesome, congrats on the surgery date!! Can't wait to hear how well you do through your journey! Good luck on the pre-op diet! It's not easy at first, but you'll get used to it..I PROMISE!

@@Tomlam Hi there! Congrats on your surgery date! The pre-op diet is rough the first few days, I struggled with a headache and fatigue for a few days, but I am at exactly one week tomorrow and am feeling a lot better. Tonight my meal consisted of a little bit of zucchini, 1/2 cup of Soup, a Protein shake and a lot of Water. It was pretty filling! I wish you the best these next two weeks and can't wait to hear about your journey after surgery!

@@mlmanney Disney is literally 50/50 right now. There are other factors (like costs, because the surgery expenses right now are ridiculous..) but mainly I want to feel good enough to go and not over do it. Luckily I have until the day before to cancel the hotel without fees, so I can wait until the last minute if need be. I am not originally from Sacramento, but I spent most of my life from about 2nd grade on here in Sac. I was originally born in Fremont, CA..in the east bay area. From 2011-2010 I lived in Nashville, TN and fell in love with it. I am hoping to go back there and stay there soon! How are you enjoying SoCal?

I am having my surgery at Camp Pendelton. Their bariatrics program is fairly new. I am a bit nervous about that but I have to keep reminding myself that just because it is a new program doesn't mean the Dr doesn't have the experience.

@kloveko729 I completely understand the opinion thing.. Fortunately I haven't had too many people doubt my decision (to my face anyway) but as long as you know you are making the right decision for YOU, their opinions really don't matter. They will change their tun when you are sitting on the loser's bench, looking fabulous and feeling even more fabulous! Feel free to message me anytime you need to talk. :)

@@Knitchic I hope your appointment went well! My psych eval was pretty easy although I didn't have the hundreds of questions that so many people mention, but my session was split into 2 1 hour sessions, so maybe she just asked me them all that way? Either way, I ended up flying through mine and she told me on the spot that she was all set to clear me for surgery. So apparently I was able to keep a lid on my crazy well enough to get through that process! ;) Just kidding, she laughed at a lot of my answers a lot but at the end we decided I had a normal amount of crazy.. I hope your's goes just as smoothly!

That appointment was hilarious! The man that did it was nice and the first part had some awesome information but the test..... Seriously questions like do you ever feel like someone else is controlling your mind? Do you feel like you are being followed? Are you fearful of the wind. I actually giggled a few times. I told my sister if I didn't pass that test then I must be a nut case. The lady who does the scheduling is out this week :(