Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah zumba at home...or the wii fit I got a wii for xmas with just dance and zumba is fun and the kids can dance too lol.before all my medical issues I had lost alot of weight on my own dancing that was way before zumba came out you sweat alot and you move it all shake it shake it lol ....I mean you have to find what works for you I cant wait to lose some weight and shake it all hahahahaha

Also the Y has discounts for students and families your children go to school inquire about it and they have they care and the YMCA is a great gym but yes expensive!! Good luck and let us know what you end up doing :)

I do the dance yourself thin video on YouTube it's really great and I lost 22lbs when I was doing it. I hurt my back and had to stop but hoping to start again soon after surgery :)

I used to say that I would never join a gym. But here I am...just bought a membership yesterday to a gym that has a pool! I have been going as a guest for a few weeks and been Water walking with my mom for 2 hours a day 3 times a week. I have lost 13 pounds in about 4 weeks! It's amazing! It's great exercise and the good thing about it is you don't feel tired or hurt. It's exercise that I really enjoy and its working!

Swimming is great exercise! We go swimming a lot at the dam. Its only about 10 miles from my house so its a nice place to go with the kids :) the only indoor pools we have here are at the YMCA and at a hotel lol

Exercise is always good BUT it does not shrink skin and it does not require expensive equipment.

I used a combo of workout DVD and a spinning bike to get some of the toughest workouts ever.

If you do decide to buy a home gym, look for one used. Sooooo many people buy them and don't use them that you can probably find a great buy!! We have one someone gave us when they were moving (my hubby & son use it). Them main problem I have with our home gym is having enough room for it... It takes up room just sitting there but you need even more room while you are using it... And I need it pulled even further away from any walls or furniture just so I can get around it to even try to use it!!! I was really surprised at how much room we needed... So that means it is in the basement (yes nice finished basement but still down stairs and away from everyone else....). The treadmill however is in the living room (and I'm still not fond of using it)!!!

I suck at making myself go to the gym, so part of what I have been doing is forcing myself to do small, non-stressful activities that don't require me to spend a lot of time getting somewhere or getting prepared. So, I've just been waking up in the morning, rolling out of bed in my pajamas, and doing a ton of sit ups, planks, push ups, lunges, and squats. The idea is that if I can't commit to doing free easy exercises, then I can't commit to spending money on fancy equipment.

See if you can commit yourself to a home routine without the equipment before investing. Sometimes the idea of improving yourself is exciting and justifies an expense that is more about the purchase than the life change. I've learned this the hard way time and time again. Commit to yourself before committing your wallet. Once you've shown yourself that you can maintain a regular schedule, spend away!

Everyone’s different, so you have to do what is best for you. Some people do better when they have a home gym because…it’s at home. You don’t have to pack up and leave the house just to work out. You can watch whatever TV show you want, and blast your music.

There are some reasons why I like going to the gym. First, it’s a better deal in terms of money paid compared to equipment available. Each of those cardio machines costs thousands of dollars, and you can use whatever you want, whether it’s the bike, treadmill, or elliptical. They’re maintained for free – or at least on the gym’s dollar.

Then there are all kinds of weights and pulleys. Then there are group fitness classes – usually included in a gym membership. They’re motivating because you’re with other people and you learn new things – your workout never gets old with group fitness.

Another benefit of the gym, for me, is that it is a place to work out. Period. When I’m there, I’m focused. When I’m at home, there are so many things I can find to do, from checking email to cleaning the house. I’m always tempted to stop my workout early or delay getting started, whereas I’m less likely to do that at the gym.

These are my reasons for joining a gym. But, like I said, everyone’s different. I guess I might say to try a gym first, if you think it’s a possibility, before investing in thousands of dollars of equipment. It’s more tolerable to waste a hundred dollars or so on gym membership you don’t end up continuing than to sink thousands into some home equipment if you don’t end up using it.

I would avoid buying home gym. Unless you are going to really spend several thousand dollars the quality of what you are going to have at home is not effective.

You would be better off buying a kettle ball, and a hand weights set and finding a workout you like. There are lots of free workouts on Instagram and youtube.

Just doing squats, with a 15-20lb kettle ball is really going to help.

As far as excess skin, try dry skin brushing and body peels to make your skin cells turn over faster.

Yes we do, I've looked into it and their memberships are way to expensive for us. I'd rather spend that amount once, not repetitively to renew.

you can ask the Y about a scholarship.

Google You are your on gym. A complete work out at home. No equipment needed. It is a $5.00 app and a $10.00 book. My husband had great results while he did it for 2 years. He fell off after an injury and stop me if you have heard this before... He never restarted... He says its all self paced and self modifying

I would seriously suggest starting there before investing in the equipment for the reasons stated by others, but also because you don't seem to know yet what you like. If you were into biking or running, that would be an easy call, but your body is changing and who knows what you are going to like in a few months.

I do like my gym. It is always open 24/7, lots of equipment and I get to try new things.