Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having a revision surgery myself due to my lap band constantly slipping and causing issues. I am extremely excited as a co-worker of mine had a revision as well last October and has had fabulous results! Hopefully, this will help put you at ease. My surgery date is rapidly approaching on August 31st! Best of luck to you!

Hey Ryebread,

Tell me about your coworker...gastric sleeve?

Pinkgirl1234 she had issues with her lap band continuously slipping, eventually it eroded. She lost 58 lbs in the first 4 months... Every time I saw her she just seemed to be melting away. She is starting to plateau now bit has lost over 90 lbs. She said she is going to start exercising now as she hasn't since her surgery.

Inspiring.Gotta get this band Out!!!!

@@ryebread that's wonderful news about your friend's weight loss, and best of luck to you with your revision. I might be in the same boat--haven't been able to keep anything solid down in over a week. I'd be suprised if my band hasn't slipped! I have an esphogram scheduled or next week and I'll know then. Regardless what the outcome, it's not working for me and needs to come out. Please keep us posted on your post-op.

@@Pinkgirl1234 good luck with your tests. I hope your band didn't slip, but if it did then it's probably for the best. The band might work for a small number of people but clearly not for most :(

Definitely not longterm.

@@Meley24 Thank you so much. I will definitely be posting during my post-op and I hope you keep posting as well!

Now if I can just get through this pre-op diet I'd be thrilled! Lol

Getting my lap band out tomorrow and then have to wait about 2 to 3 months to get the sleeve. Hope I don't gain a ton! But super ready to have this beast out of me!

I am a lap-band (2006 band) revision to sleeve (jan 2015). No regrets at all. Also had my band removed and sleeve done in one surgery. Better way for me.

I had many complications with band including a slip, erosion, constant pain. No vomiting tho, just pain all the time. Like a knot in my stomach. Could really only eat soft foods.

I am very, very happy with my sleeve so far. I feel weight loss is easier than the band. I did have to make adjustments about eating. The sleeve for me is very different that the band. 1. the band is restriction. I knew immediately when I ate something wrong or too big, too fast. Not with the sleeve, it is limited space. I can be fine and then all of a sudden too much food and I vomit. I've vomit a lot more with the sleeve than the band but I'd still have the sleeve with no regrets. I don't have any pain (except for the first 6 week from surgery). And again, the weight loss has been easier. I just plain and simple can not eat very much food.

The surgery recovery has a bit harder with the sleeve but about the same. It is major surgery.

My Doc's stats are fewer complications with band to sleeve but generally there is a slight increase in complications for band to sleeve. *Still worth it for me." My Doc also said that even tho the sleeve does have higher complication rates in the early stages however the band has far more complications long term than sleeve or gastric bypass....i.e slips, erosion, etc. I can attest to that. If you listen to the doc and do what they say, complications from sleeve are really rare.

My gerd is the same, and acid reflux the same as I had before sleeve. I just have to be careful when I eat and what.

Best to you, it's a big decision.

Thanks I am excited. Going in 2 hours to hands this THING out!!! Wish I never did it although I did lose 100 Pounds but gained back 30 and still slowly gaining.

Converting a lapband to a sleeve or bypass is DEFINITELY a good idea. Remember that the sleeve and bypass are metabolic surgeries, not just restrictive or malabsorptive and both make an adjustment in your energy set point. Also the complications with the lap band are common and sometimes serious. I recommend the revision HANDS DOWN!

Thanks doc! I have Already decided on it and will not change my mind. Already got insurance approval for the removal and the sleeve so I'm good to go. Just waiting. My Dr wants to leave 2 to 3 months in between to reduce the risk of leaking which is fine I guess. Whatever is safest!

Fantastic!!!

Hi...after a lot of research ,thought and pain I have changed my mind.I am not seeking a revision to the sleeve but in fact a RNY.My lapband has caused my stomach and esophagus so much pain...the reflux is severe.I can't cut away 85% of a very abused stomach.The Gold standard for me...

My first time sleeve friend is doing very well with her sleeve.

I did the revision 2 weeks ago and I can say at this point no regrets except I did not do this surgery first. We are successful because the band teaches you to eat very slow so that is half the battle and the feeling when it is stuck is worse than any full feeling . But you know you are full and stop because we did the hole get sick because something stuck not anything I would do now because I can feel stomach acid again. The is new for me after 5 years to have to take Pepcid everyday for the acid I am hoping this will get better in time! Good luck making your decision mine was a must because of issues with my band and was experiencing type 2 diabetes again not an option since my husband past last year my kids need at least one parent here and healthy. My vote would be if you have a great surgeon do it!

I did the revision 2 weeks ago and I can say at this point no regrets except I did not do this surgery first. We are successful because the band teaches you to eat very slow so that is half the battle and the feeling when it is stuck is worse than any full feeling . But you know you are full and stop because we did the hole get sick because something stuck not anything I would do now because I can feel stomach acid again. The is new for me after 5 years to have to take Pepcid everyday for the acid I am hoping this will get better in time! Good luck making your decision mine was a must because of issues with my band and was experiencing type 2 diabetes again not an option since my husband past last year my kids need at least one parent here and healthy. My vote would be if you have a great surgeon do it!

Thanks! I'm excited! !