Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Man, I had my band out last Friday and have already gained like 6 pounds! !!!! Ahhhhh

@@belindadcns I am 3 days post-op from having my band removed and revised with the sleeve. Best of luck to you with your surgery!!!

I made a YouTube on my journey from lap band removal to sleeve. It's under "Holly Linnae"...

Actually it's under "holly's lap band to gastric bypass journey"

I personally believe that in many cases people will move from band to sleeve just like in the old days when we'd move from Weight Watchers to low fat to Adkins. It is never ending, this illness we have. I would say that before you do this that you make sure you follow all the band rules and be very honest with yourself. Don't look for the next easy way out by blaming the band because the sleeve is irreversible.

I personally believe that in many cases people will move from band to sleeve just like in the old days when we'd move from Weight Watchers to low fat to Adkins. It is never ending, this illness we have. I would say that before you do this that you make sure you follow all the band rules and be very honest with yourself. Don't look for the next easy way out by blaming the band because the sleeve is irreversible.

Who are you taking to?

in case of severe reflux, the bypass is the best option, GREAT CHOICE!

yah my doctor is pretty smart ;) I am ready and prepared for the bypass.

@@SWEETTEA congrats on your success. Your story makes me hopeful about the sleeve. With the band you have no choice but to eat slowly or suffer the consequences. I'm pretty good at chewing slowly, especially now so that shouldn't be a problem for me.

I have not had the revision. I have had some of the issues you mention, but a lot of mine were caused by me not following the rules of the band. I might suggest that before you make the big step of having surgery that removes part of your stomach that you have your band emptied to allow yourself to heal completely. I did this and healed. Now that I have filled again, I have vowed to use the band exactly as recommended, no cheating that only hurts me. I recently read to only eat bites the size of a nickel, chew for 20, wait for 20 and everything is working perfectly. My surgeon advised this, saying that a sleeve can stretch anyway so why not just comply to the rules of the band?

@@SWEETTEA congrats on your success. Your story makes me hopeful about the sleeve. With the band you have no choice but to eat slowly or suffer the consequences. I'm pretty good at chewing slowly, especially now so that shouldn't be a problem for me.

I have not had the revision. I have had some of the issues you mention, but a lot of mine were caused by me not following the rules of the band. I might suggest that before you make the big step of having surgery that removes part of your stomach that you have your band emptied to allow yourself to heal completely. I did this and healed. Now that I have filled again, I have vowed to use the band exactly as recommended, no cheating that only hurts me. I recently read to only eat bites the size of a nickel, chew for 20, wait for 20 and everything is working perfectly. My surgeon advised this, saying that a sleeve can stretch anyway so why not just comply to the rules of the band?
Hey :) I say only you know what you've been through and your doctor so do whatever you think is best for your health and your future!!! Good luck!

I suffer from aniexty and that plays a major role in my complications. If I'm stressed, even over the slightest thing, my band gets tight and I can't eat anything. I haven't completely figured it out why it does, but it does. For me, the band isn't helping no matter how much I follow the rules. There are days when I try to drink a Protein shake and I'm tight. I am unfilled right now and still having complications. My doctor said that my body just cannot tolerate the band. The band works for a few, and, yes, you most definitely have to follow the rules, but for most people, no matter how much you try, the band just doesn't work. I am having the band removed in two weeks and I have chosen not to do another revision. I did a lot of research on the sleeve and I'm not happy with the results. Instead, I'm going to see to a therapist who specializes in food addiction and hire a personal trainer.

I wish you the very best with your band; I love hearing success stories because I truly want to believe that the band works. Good luck on your journey and please keep me posted!

I have not had the revision. I have had some of the issues you mention, but a lot of mine were caused by me not following the rules of the band. I might suggest that before you make the big step of having surgery that removes part of your stomach that you have your band emptied to allow yourself to heal completely. I did this and healed. Now that I have filled again, I have vowed to use the band exactly as recommended, no cheating that only hurts me. I recently read to only eat bites the size of a nickel, chew for 20, wait for 20 and everything is working perfectly. My surgeon advised this, saying that a sleeve can stretch anyway so why not just comply to the rules of the ball.

Hi everyone,

I am officially band-free! I had the band removed last Saturday and the surgery went great! I feel so much better and the best part: being able to eat and drink at the same time. I didn't realized how much I missed being able to take a sip with my meal until now. I doing okay in terms of eating -- I gave myself last week to eat whatever I wanted, and this week I started a diet. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I opted not to have another WLS, instead I'm going to try dieting on my own and see a food therapist. It's going to be hard but I'm taking it slowly this time. I'm not looking for results right away like I did with diets in the past. I gave myself a longer goal that I know I can manage. Hopefully it works out!

~M