Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Beth Isreal. Harvard Pilgrim didn't require a wait period. I did all my labs and testing earlier this month. Saw the NUT yesterday and have to go back in 3 weeks (8/17). That day I also see the Medical Director. After that I believe I wait to see the surgeon, then insurance approval, then schedule a date. I'm not sure if insurance approval is occurring while waiting to see the surgeon. I think I'll be sleeved late Sept/early October.

Anyone else from Boston?

South of Boston in Weymouth here. Had mine done at St E's loved it. a whole staff nurses and all specially trained for WLS patients. was easy peasy surgically.

I had my sleeve done 1 week ago today at Norwood Hospital by Dr. Adam Glasgow. I can't say enough good things about both Dr. Glasgow and his staff at SWLS in Walpole or the great folks at Norwood Hospital. One week out I am driving, working in the yard, and gong for long walks; I feel great. It took time but I am getting in more than 64 oz. of h2O at least 80 g. of Protein and my multi-Vitamin (good size capsule), my omeprazole (smaller capsule), my Calcium chews, and 2 B-12 lozenges without any difficulty I have more energy and less joint pain than I have had in years. I am really excited and can't wait to really start working.

Wishing all a healthy and contented day

Jay

I had my sleeve done 1 week ago today at Norwood Hospital by Dr. Adam Glasgow. I can't say enough good things about both Dr. Glasgow and his staff at SWLS in Walpole or the great folks at Norwood Hospital. One week out I am driving, working in the yard, and gong for long walks; I feel great. It took time but I am getting in more than 64 oz. of h2O at least 80 g. of Protein and my multi-Vitamin (good size capsule), my omeprazole (smaller capsule), my calcium chews, and 2 B-12 lozenges without any difficulty I have more energy and less joint pain than I have had in years. I am really excited and can't wait to really start working.

Wishing all a healthy and contented day

Jay

This is great to hear, I've been seeing Dr. Glasgow myself and I'm on track to have surgery the end of November or early December. JUST had my first nutritionist appointment last week. I'm excited.

I'm going to St. Elizabeth's in Brighton they have a great program there. Dr. Pecquex is my surgeon and she is fantastic. All the staff at St. E's are really nice.

Edited by margie122

Hi. I am going through the program at Beth Israel Deaconess in Milton. Have completed all the tests, sonogram, psychological eval, met with NUT. Next week I meet with Dr. who provides medical clearance, and meet with NUT to see if I have lost any weight in 3 weeks. After this they decide if I am good to go, then I meet surgeon and get surgery date.

Cheers.

South of Boston here... using Dr. Abeles at Signature Medical in Brockton. Started the process mid May. Could have had a Mid Sept date,but due to work reasons I have to postpone until late Jan early Feb.

South of Boston here and going to BI in Boston, too! Just starting out and have most of my pre-op appointments booked for August and September. I hope it all goes smoothly. It would be nice to have the surgery before the holidays!

Met the medical director yesterday. Waiting to see the surgeon next. Then insurance approval and surgery date. I'm hoping for surgery in September. Would make it an amazing birthday month gift.

I'm having my surgery at Salem hospital wit Dr.Rivera I am all set and just started my pre op diet today is abit strict but I m almost there surgery on Sep 2nd.

I am having surgery with doctor Sandor at Lawrence memorial in Medford. I got my date of September 28 today!