Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

struggling with liquid diet (August 5th surgery)

It started yester day I was out garage saleing had 4 shakes that day and some Jello and Water ..And this morning so far an Isopure and 2 Sf jello ..I feel so bad its hard I want to eat something and cant ..I know I have to be strong It will be over soon ..But I just cry because its hard

My surgery date is 8/4. I am drinking 3-4 Premier Protein drinks AND either having chicken broth w/2 oz of chicken at night when I am sick of the Protein Drink OR having 3 oz of steak for dinner. My doctor wants me on all Protein shakes, broth, sf Jello and popsicles. So many people get to eat a small meal with carbs, I don't get it. SO.... I am changing mine to include a low fat meat one time per day. I am a low BMI. I also exercise about 2 hours a day. I love swimming, biking, hiking. I may get scared on the last 3 days and follow doctor's plan.

I cheated some before I had my surgery. BUT, I would only have a piece of cheddar cheese, or a small piece of grilled chicken. Something without carbs, and something I could chew. The closer I got to surgery, especially the last three days, I followed everything to a T. Niki, I cried the first day. And until surgery, could have chewed someones arm if they had stuck it in front of my mouth! I was where you are just a month ago, and it does get better and it's worth it!

You ladies can do this!

I will email my Nut for advise as I am not allowed per my instructions in my binder nothing other than 4 to 5 instant carnation brkfst Sf Jello and Sf popcicles and water..

One other thing that kept me going was that my head felt clearer. I had always attributed my brain fog to getting older. I'm not sure if it was from the sugar or carbs, but when I started just drinking the shakes my mind cleared up! That showed me that it really does make a difference in what we put in our bodies.

Hi All

I'll be having my surgery on August 5th (the day after my 29th birthday) and I'm on day 1 of my liquid diet.

This. Is. Not. Easy.

These Protein things are not my cup of tea. I've got GNC Lean 25 in chocolate Peanut Butter and Cookies & cream. I'm finding them to be too sweet, too syrupy in texture and just...not what I like. Can anyone suggest a Protein that is maybe not a "shake" or a "smoothie"?

THANK YOU!

Isopure Zero Carb Apple Melon....well all the flavors but that is my favorite so far. I have not had to do the diet yet. I tried all of these beforehand so I would be prepared. I have not tried the sugar free Jello or pudding yet. But we have a list in our book of what we can have.

I cheated some before I had my surgery. BUT, I would only have a piece of cheddar cheese, or a small piece of grilled chicken. Something without carbs, and something I could chew. The closer I got to surgery, especially the last three days, I followed everything to a T. Niki, I cried the first day. And until surgery, could have chewed someones arm if they had stuck it in front of my mouth! I was where you are just a month ago, and it does get better and it's worth it!

You ladies can do this!

Thanks sweetie I am trying not to cheat this takes alot of will power my husband has been very supportive O dont want to mess up my chance to get the surgery but I could sure go for something in my stomach ..I will pray about it ..I have also sent an email to me Nut about this ..Today is my anniversay sure would have loved to ho out to eat ..

I broke down and had a 1/4 of a grilled chicken breast and a couple of tablespoons of charros Beans I was full .. I feel better but back on liquids again ..

@@lauren8486 I dislike Protein shakes to the ultimate extreme and am NOT looking forward to my turn on them.

I also do NOT like the sweet Protein drinks.

What does make them more manageable to drink is vanilla powder, 1 cup almond or skim milk, 1 banana and a 1 tbsp of instant coffee. coffee makes it bitter, banana sweetens it up.

or minus the banana and add a tbsp of Peanut Butter.

you can always add a packet of sweetner if you need to.

Miss Robin wish I could but it is against my Nut rules I got an email back from her telling me to just drink another shake we are not allowed to add anything to it ..they are pretty strict they probably just want the best results to shrink our liver..

I go on August 5th t set up surgery and the group I use the pre-diet is

FULL liquid for 7 days-- you can have all the Soups you want minus the meat, noddles, veggies..just the broth..

All the sugar free popsicles..yogurt..pudding..ect..

The. Last 3 days clear liquid only

Day 1 on the pre-op full liquid diet and I was just cruising along, but man oh man...I just hit a wall out of nowhere :( I must do better on packing my new lunches. 1 1/2 hours left of work and I am struggling.